Classes are too simple now

Most classes, lets talk about WindWalker in my case, is designed to revolve around the artifact weapon, and the ability that came with it, now it just feels like a downgrade, I think class reworks should be the next step, although WW monk is so fun for me I dont mind it at all

5 Likes

How is that different from BFA? Frost mage rotation is pretty much the same except you get procs for ice lance and flurry. I like how everyone picks mage as a comparison when it comes to rotation.
Meanwhile I’ve been playing hunter and I’ve been using far more abilites than I ever have on my Retail hunter. I find that in Classic I use most of my abilities on a wide variety of situations. Whereas in Retail I use very few abilities universally.

4 Likes

WW Monk is actually designed quite well imho. You are rewarded for not spamming the same buttons consecutively by pulling off combos. They’re strong, but squishy if not played right, ie: you can’t just facetank and heal. And yeah, they are just legit fun to play.

3 Likes

Wonderful rotation from the best MMO rpg game :muscle:

I dare you to play some arena with healer as Havoc :smirk:
We aren’t the most boring & simple spec, I promise.

I will if you play arenas as enhance :grin:

But I don’t hate myself that much, man :unamused:

2 Likes

Haha, and I don’t hate myself enough to play DH

Garrote.
Mutilate.
Rupture.
Envenom.
Toxic blade.
Cloak of shadows.
Feint.
Crimson vial.
Shadow step.
Vendetta.

That’s 10 buttons and I play a relatively slow paced class. I am sure even dh’s or shall I say GOOD demon hunters use at least 6-7 abilities so that’s far from a 3 button class.

Do classes need more abilities? Yes, but mostly defensive and utility spells. And DH’s you should be the LAST class to complain about anything now.
You guys have damage, mobility, dodge and damage immunity. Stop nitpicking.

1 Like

I can’t help but laugh at all the people who think that a rotation is a measure of complexity and then feel all smart when they point out that Classic doesn’t have rotations.

Right, it doesn’t have rotations. Why should it?

What’s a rotation anyway? A rotation is simply a static or semi-static sequence of abilities that must be pressed in order to optimise your output for a specific situation.

Classic instead has tools for all sorts of different situations.

Classic offers you the ability to use a large array of utilities with resource costs rather than cooldowns (for the most part) where you have to dynamically respond to enemies, but it does not make it hard to do max DPS if you’re just allowed to stand there and spam abilities.

And that precisely is why the “just press frostbolt” meme stands: Classic raiding is really friggin’ static. Not much really happens, so given that your rotation is simple and your bars are filled with utilities, you really don’t get to press much besides a few buttons. Blizzard tried to fix this by making the class more interesting when fighting a target dummy, which is fine I suppose except it fills our keyboard with boring junk, and then Blizzard sees the bloat and removes all the cool stuff, and somehow now I’m supposed to believe that BfA has made an improvement by reducing complexity down to rotation? Come on man.

2 Likes

Enchantment is literally one of the worst underperforming specs for PvP imo.
Every guide I saw on it said - you will have to respec elem to be competitive.

What’s your excuse to hate DH?

Very true.

It’s unbalanced and somehow still boring to play.

Its enhancement, not enchantment.

I admire your indepth knowledge.

2 Likes

I can see why some can’t handle high apm or play the drain game properly, but boring… hmm I haven’t felt that way in PvP.

In m+ it is. I would agree that pve havoc is a straightline, no decisions to make spec.

I don’t mind the high apm gameplay, but if I were to go for that, it’d definitely be WW. I’m far less likely to fall asleep at my keyboard playing that spec.

It’s auto correct tbh, but I admire your vigilance

So “don’t repeat your last button” is way more enjoyable than “push off cd button” dps rotation?

1 Like

Well, kinda. I mean, you can essentially spam the same abilities in a row (the ones that don’t have CDs), but monks are rewarded for not doing that. They get bonus damage for pulling off combos. They also don’t have leech, so you can’t just keep whacking people in demon form to heal up, which is utterly boring.
I don’t want you to take it personally, but yeah, DH just isn’t for me.

I am asking cause I am curious about WW, I religiously avoid all Pandaria related content, so I can’t possibly have a clue what makes WW so enjoyable…
But I also don’t wanna miss on a fun spec for alt, so I need more info.

maybe don’t play DH which is the easiest class in the entire game

and go play Unholy DK where you will find your peace i’m pretty sure

2 Likes

2 Likes

OH, so you haven’t played WW?? Dude, you’re missing out. If you like the fast-paced playstyle you’d probably enjoy them. What actually makes them enjoyable probably differs from person to person. For me, I just like punching stuff with my fists.