Classes are too simple now

I actually like how the frost Mage plays at the moment. Though I would like to see the return of Frostfire Bolt as it was such a unusual spell to mix the two elements of frost and fire. Flurry which replaced it feels a little boring.

Rather than adding in rotational spells I would like to see more class flavour spells added for RPG reasons.

Can’t comment on other classes though.

I haven’t played mage in MoP, and there were no demon hunters, but everything else I did play back then, and they were all way way way more fun than now.

Frost dk. Nope. Just no. Pressing 2 buttons whole SOO HC was not fun. I love death knights, but MoP DK gameplay was garbage as dps, and passable as tank (did not help against issues on RADEN though)

I very much preferred MoP frost dk and for that matter any dk to bfa’s version. It was actually one of my top played alts that expansion and I really liked it for what it was.

I press lots of buttons as an afflict spec warlock, up to 9. The only time it goes low as four as is if I out-gear an enemy mob by a lot.

Steady aim Marksmanship doesn’t work since the mini re-rework of 8.1

I know, its only good to have x3 if you wanna surprise burst someone ( If you pvp someone who doesnt know how marksman works )

Still a playstyle nontheless!

fair enough, azerite has so much untapped potential to be cool, but the way it currently works/the way you obtain it is just awful.

1 Like

if you cant see a difference in classic/bfa forstmage rotation i dont know mate …

Agreed, i like the traits and all

But what am i supposed to do? i main tank & healer on my chars, dps aswell on some am i supposed to gather 1.8 million azerite to play the game for 1 season? i found out the best way of getting strong enough azerite for all classes is to spam 430/heroic pieces

They saw how popular the MOBA games were Dota and LoL with 3-4 abilities so implemented that into WoW…

Now you also get that MOBA feeling while playing an MMORPG. Actually I quit LoL eternally 2 years ago as a Diamond player, it wasn’t a pleasant surprise for me to see this, I mean playing my Warrior with 4 abilities :smile_cat:

The design of frost as a spec has barely changed. As I said in BFA you still cast frostbolt, except now you have 2 potential procs for ice lance and flurry. You wouldn’t use these abilities without the procs. So you end up just spamming frostbolt much like vanilla.
Aoe hasn’t changed much either. Vanilla is blizzard and cone of cold, BFA is blizzard and frozen orb.

It’s a nice idea, and if it was someone else I’d fully support it, but this guy makes whine threads more often than most of us go to the toilet. Never accepts that anything could be his own issue.

If he spent a third of the time he does making these threads, he wouldn’t have any of the issues he does. Apart from the being killed in pvp by people much better geared, but he could use that time to narrow the gap.

I agree that WoW feels very much like a cheap MOBA now. I guess the dumbing down of classes is necessary to make the game “accessible” for ca$uals. That’s how Blizzard operates these days.

1 Like

“Dumbing down of classes”

1: You havn’t even mastered your class(easy as it is), stop pretending you did.
2: You’ve barely even played and achieved nothing, stop pretending you did.
3: If it’s such a cheap MOBA, leave? Stop wasting your time playing something you obviously don’t enjoy.

Talking down to casuals while having nothing on your account… what a joke.

2 Likes

Obviously you lack the ability to read between the lines. Blizzard uses the word “casual” as a code-word for bads, it has nothing to do with time. You are acting like a buffoon shilling for Blizzard.

1 Like

So you’re a casual in blizzard terms then?

1 Like

From my experience only a certain type of player uses “casual” as a derogatory term.

It’s usually the type of player who’s not actually as good as he/she thinks and makes pointless threads about how everything is the games fault and should be changed to suit them.

Hmm… sounds pretty familiar :thinking:

2 Likes

I am a casual and I have this gut feeling i still perform better than many of the tryhards.

2 Likes

“If your only pressing 4 buttons, your doing it wrong” source: my wife