Classes are too simple now

Then you obviously cannot be playing your warrior properly.

A quick look at Icy Veins would show you that none of the three warrior specs relies on only 4 abilities.

1 Like

Threads like this did started getting on my nerves. I rly started to dislike this kind of generalizations, when you say how something did become oversimplified and things like that ( and people started to recently say the things like that like its some sort of meme for all sorts of things ) with some specs/classes than make sure that you have some evidence to prove that and that you actually know about what you are talking about, because each time when I see something like that now without that and without described things in the detail I think how its a total bulls*it and that someone who said that its just a troll.

im sorry, what?
LITERALLY IF U PRESS ANY OTHER BUTTON DURING BOSS FIGHT, THAT FROSTBOLT, IS A DPS LOSS
Look at parses, mages = Frostbolt only, many put it on 1 , make a synapse macro and spam that and top dps
Hunters? Auto shot, weave aim or arcane in between,from time to time, and if not, heal pet (lol)

dude, are u trolling?

if u dont know when all the pruning start, i kindly indulge you to pay a visit to end of wotlk and onward from there, when classes got so complex that they need to chose from watching rotations or fight emchanics, and this has come as e mail to blizzard dept from most of top100 guilds also
I dont want that. I also dont like one ability spam also, and what we have now is the best of both worlds

I used to think this till I played classic, in retail you have fewer abilites over all but you use way more of them often. In classic you have way more abilities but hardly use any of them, especially in pve classic rotations. 1 maybe 2 max its really boring, nearly every class is a 2 button snore fest while leveling in classic with some classes literally 1 button and auto attack/wand.

Gotta love how the only responses to the OP is a comparison of Classic vs Retail argument rather than focusing on the fact that retail classes are severely lacking.

Low IQ replies.

6 Likes

This has been discussed a million times. Yes, getting 1-2 new abilities for each spec would be awesome, but the number of them isn’t the problem.

The problem is at the core - filler-finisher mechanics for every class, gameplay revolving ONLY around CDs, that’s why it gets boring, because you’re doing the same pattern of actions over and over.

Ability damage needs to be equalized somewhat across the board, there shouldn’t be filler spells, every ability needs to matter and be impactful, accent from CDs needs to be shifted.

Look at Destro lock as a good example. Useless POS outside of ChaosBolt spam which isn’t threatening anyway untill infernal CD is up. That’s basically the system in play for all classes.

some of them can be played on controllerlooks at paladin and furry warrior

I once installed the controller add-on and partially leveled a shaman with it. It felt fun but weird at the same time and this was in elemental spec.

Don’t play a DH to begin with. It is easily one of the most simplistic classes to play. Try feral druid or sv hunter.

right now leveling pala with my steam controller

I had to stop very quickly because I stole my partner’s controller for it.

That was exactly my point… That frost is about spamming frostbolt and hasn’t changed much.

I appreciate you trying to explain hunter rotation but with all due respect you were on the forums 5 days ago because you didn’t know how to train Growl to your pet.

Sorry, but survival hunter is not lacking anything. It could do with the kill-reset harpoon as base line though, not talent.

2 Likes

Gotta love how some people present their ‘opinion-as-fact’ in agreement with blatantly obvious exaggeration while ignoring all the replies that actually have nothing to do with Classic v Retail, but I digress…

A more accurate summation would be that most classes tend to have a bundle of buttons that do similar things, such as a gap-closer, various damage buttons, possibly a silence mechanic, and then utility – and even that is a vague picture.

Would you like me to count for you how many buttons I ‘actually’ press as a Paladin, Warrior, Shaman or Hunter? Because I’m of the opinion that people who say they mindlessly mash only 4 buttons are the type of people who only grind world quests and then log out to press more buttons on nonsense forum posts.

5 Likes

I’ll have to agree on this. But, in my opinion, it’s far away from best of both worlds. However, they can still improve it. If they are willing to.

But now it is a filler instead of the main prio.

Except, you don’t have to channel Blizzard. So you just do everything while Blizzard and the orb is going.

This is also true.

It’s kinda…everything is feeling like an easy mode.
In prior expansion you had to use crowd control, pet off-tank in some situations when that nasty patrol would run into you just in the middle of a pull, warlock tanking that nasty shadow damage caster with searing pain, mage kiting some melee with just frostbolts until the rest of the group finishes some other nasty mob…A stupid earth grab totem in RFK could wipe your group if you don’t break it, because you’re rooted in place while the low health mob runs into a large group and pulls them. And now, these kinds of mob management can now only be seen to some lesser degree on mythic raids only.

As a warlock I would put different curses on the mobs depending on my group. If melee was dominant, curse of recklesness. If I had a mage, I would go with curse of elements. Curse of Tongues on casters. Every pull had it’s charm and it felt like a different experience.

And now? Unstable affliction, Corruption, Writhe of agony, Deathbolt and Dark glare everytime they are not on cooldown…that’s it! Every single pull, every single boss…everything. Plain and simple…boring.

Now…I just feel like there is this predefined rotation that someone posted on wowhead or icy-veins…and yeah, I need to use THAT. Because if I don’t and try to do something on my own, my dps drops and then someone links dps meter and then go on and explain that you’re experimenting with builds, items, trying some other combination of skills other than what’s written in the “Holy Bible of Icy Veins”.

Top 100 guilds called for class pruning back in WotLK? Well, there’s the general problem. Top 100 guilds, are not representing the WoW player base. The result is the game you have today. Is it good? Is it bad? Decide for yourself. But the general picture is what it is today. And judging by the posts here on the general forum…it’s not good at all.

So having 4-5 abilities in your rotation is “boring”, but casting one of 3 curses and the spamming shadowbolt for the rest of the fight is “fun” right? Leaving aside the fact that if your group was melee dominant you would use the same curse on every pack and every boss.

As opposed to what? a time where you were able to make up your rotation, use any talents and abilities you want and your dps did NOT drop?

1 Like