Classic and tbc population fix

Hello everyone so every server has a cap of 50% alliance 50% horde on all servers from now going forward if a horde reaches a cap on a server then they cannot make a horde character on that server if you’re a new player or have more than one account if it’s a server 50 A 50% H then you can make a new character opening up an alliance and horde character slot or one making it 50% A 51% H vice a versa than a population say 30% A 70% H.

1 Like

How is that going to help the population? BY stopping people logging on? Some realms have 90% horde. Since I assume this is to try and fix the PvP queues then it won’t help.

Either players can move realms for free even with friends and guilds doesn’t matter or just cap it so no more horde characters on certain realms same for alliance.

In the long run will fix issues because so much toxicity on the forum and players don’t want mercery mode and further on this is a much better plan going forward.

No, people will come and say “I am forced to change realm or not play” instead.

Forcing players to move or not play is a really, really, really, really, really, really, really bad idea.

Capping populations is the worst idea ever. You may think it solves it for some small minority of realms but most others will die, completely.

2 Likes

While I agree with you this should have been done two years ago but people here will just spam the forums of I pay 12.99 and can’t log on!!! Threads

2 Likes

I don’t think mercery mode is a good idea wasn’t in tbc so no point in adding it to tbc classic and there isn’t many options without capping it now or just let it be and players either quit or just reroll alliance which I don’t really want people quitting a game they actually enjoy :slightly_smiling_face:

I agree and have said so before.

People do have other solutions. Free transfers, Horde vs. Horde, and a few more. I haven’t seen one I think is right yet, but limiting logons is probably the worst of the bunch.

Neither was a population cap, so neither idea is any more legit than the other. If anything, the fact merc mode actually happened at some point, while a pop cap never did, would make the latter a more realistic option, all things considered.

I still don’t think it would be a good idea (the last thing my server needs is a mass exodus from a bunch of disgruntled Alliance players - as if we didn’t have enough of those locusts on MR already), but it still would be better than a cap. Your ability to access play on a server that you’re already playing on should not hinge on what other people do.

Just look at the forums. There is no “fix”. A part of the Horde player base is acting like absolute garbage and every day more and more people just walk away from PvP. Things will only get worse. If you want to see the future of the Horde if they keep it up look up Flamelash on the US side.

1 Like

Its funny to watch ppl throwing various ideas.

When will you understand that blizzard doesnt care? There are current issues of bg queues, classic era population and many more. There are long lasting problems like dead servers, where ppl basically cant play unless pay transfer and blizzard hasnt done anything about that at all. So why do ppl think that all of the sudden blizzard will start to care?

I just don’t think horde Vs horde is the right direction to take in all fairness players like me and other players want the classic and tbc experience :slightly_smiling_face:

This is not the solution to 14y old conceptual problem, that barely existed in couple of mounths from original TBC release as introduction of Blood Elves quickly equalised Horde and Allan e populations.
From a Business perspective they never limited their customers by the Faction choise and probably never would since that brings the Faction change money in retail and would bring even more when introduced in Classic, when every PvP Min/Maxing Horde would roll Alliance at the end of the season to farm Honor, then transfer back to have full previous season set + Horde racials because arena queues would be none existant.
Also, they want TBC and Wrath to be their subscribers safety net, that catches burned out retail players that would otherwise leave, possibly to other MMOs, before NE t content patch brings them back.

It’s a much better solution than horde Vs horde and in the end people will quit or just move servers then all servers will either become like flamelash horde will have majority of servers on there own and alliance will have the same tbh.

Forcing players to move in Alliance or not play PvP Is a really, really, really, really, really, really, really bad idea.

Capping faction population for PvP Is the Worst idea ever. You May think It solves It for some small minority of faction, but most other Will get tired to play Alliance Just for to be able to play PvP.

95% of horde population are fotm monkeys. Just wait for WoTLK and see how everyone will roll humans cause they “Always loved Alliance aesthetics”

4 Likes

Well, I bet you werent playing alliance during phase2? Any way to get close to a balanced server is better than nothing.

1 Like

It’s not my idea and I am against it. You should actually be relying to the OP not me, I agree with you.

Try deleting your post and posting again or editing it.

I see a lot of posts asking for mercenary mode and it’s not in tbc and giving horde that option as well is kinda selfish in my eyes to the alliance and would make world PvP even more unbalanced so by capping realms means no more horde characters on certain realms so players can start making tons on them and upping alliance ratio if you really want to play horde then you choose another server.

To be fair though, we will never get to actually experience what happened back then.

Back then, most people had no idea about the game and were at the beginning of actual min-maxing. Sure, we had the knowledge of Classic, but there were still more than enough people who just wanted to play the game.

But now, we have perfect guides for everything in the game. People know exactly what to do and that will not change anymore. The excuse of horde players stating that they didnt realize their servers would be horde dominated when they created their character in Classic two years ago is either a statement of someone who has never informed themself about Warcraft, which is doubtful since they wanted the PvP experience, or its just a lie.

The assumption that this whole situation is a player-made mistake is a fact. They chose horde because its the better side for PvP. Maybe a few chose horde because they like them, but that doesnt explain why the majority of PvP servers are dominated by horde.

Nobody likes fotm tryhard monkey zug zugs.