Classic Beta Error 132 when trying to launch

Wont let me launch, tried repair, reinstall and deleting cache and so on, any help please!

on pastebin /8qjrVsuL cant post the link myself…

Hello Bertimus,

Unfortunately, we can not help with any issues regarding the Classic Beta Server because they are entirely run by the Dev Team. Please check the Classic Forum for any updates regarding your issue.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

#1 cant post on classis beta forums
#2 no info on there at all on pretty much anything
#3 not one shred of helpfulness in your post, not even a hint of something for me to try
i’m testing your game, giving you feedback on stuff that’s not working and all I get is “meh not my problem”

Error 132 is a generic error code that may be caused by out-of-date addons, corrupted files, incompatible drivers, or hardware issues. The steps below address the most common causes.

1. Try closing background applications to resolve any software conflicts.

2. Reset your user interface to make sure your files and addons are not corrupted - (you can google how to do this).

3. Run the repair tool to repair any damaged game files.

4. Run ScanDisk and defragment your hard drive to try to repair any bad sectors.
    Note Do not defragment a Solid State Drive (SSD).

5. Run a security scan to remove any viruses or malware infections.

6. Update your drivers to resolve any compatibility issues.

If the driver updates do not stop the error 132 please try the steps below.

• Move the WTF, Cache and interface folders

1) Open the World of Warcraft folder (relevant to the beta version you are playing)

2) Move the WTF, Cache and interface folders out of the World of Warcraft folder. If Curse client or WoWmatrix is installed they will need to be disabled or uninstalled to allow these files to be deleted.

3) Launch WoW. There may be a little bit of a delay as new versions of the files are installed.

• Run the computer in a selective startup mode.

• Please run World of Warcraft in 32-bit mode.

Finally if none of the above works… (may be a temp fix)

1. Close out WoW an the Battle net launcher.
  2. Navigate to the World of Warcraft folder (relevant to beta again).
  3. Locate and delete the Cache.

Let me know how you get on.

The problem with Beta and/or PTR servers is, that we do not know what is happening. Maybe the Devs decided to shut it down and you get an error or they decided to have a different version updated etc. That is why we can’t even give a hint on something that can be done except to check for official posts.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Have same thing happen to me. :frowning:

Heya,

This appears to be a compatibility issue with unsupported graphic adapters.

Integrated graphics of A10 / A8-Processors are no longer actively supported by AMD since 2015, which is why we had to cease support for those chips too.

You may try to run the game with the DirectX 11 Legacy API. There is a chance this may work, but its not guaranteed.

1. Edit config.wtf in \World of Warcraft_classic_beta\WTF_
  2. Modify this cVar: SET gxApi “D3D11_LEGACY”
  3. Save file and try to launch the client again

Even if this should work, make sure to upgrade your graphic card. This legacy API may not be around forever or is meant to be a long term solution.

If you intend to keep on playing, make sure to upgrade your system with a graphics card which meets the requirements for World of Warcraft.

Feedback? Fill out this Survey.

Cherlystla, am playing BFA but when i try with beta hits me with error 132. have tryed everything but nothing works.

Try running the wow.exe in Windows 8 compatibility mode.

1 Like

Hey Arquen, please do not bump such old threads. Note that the Beta client is no longer active.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!