Classic has more daily players than retail

Are we to believe these numbers?

2 Likes

Since there is nothing to do on retail , and people are just waiting for df then it might be true .

Also, wrath is new now so it got rather high hype, and there is also that free mount so its all things together .

10 Likes

A topic like this gets posted every time classic gets a new expansion…just wait a few weeks

7 Likes

Yes and those people are the same ones complaining that retail is repetitive and same thing all over again and then they are playing classic wrath. Ok yes new players are always in for them its a new game. Tbh wrath was the best expansion ever.

1 Like

Doesn’t sound surprising, Retail is in a period where nothing happen while Classic is in the middle of an expansion pre-patch/release and not just any expansion, the most popular Classic has to offer.

2 Likes

So Wrath is about to release and you’re telling us Classic has more players than retail at the end of the expansion… Say it is isn’t so!!

5 Likes

Surprised Jean-Luc Picardchu face

1 Like

It’s definitely true.

2 Likes

Ofc it might, retail is p. pointless until pre-patch except for the minority who spam M+ and fated raids.

classic has like 20 times more raids completed per warcraftlogs. Bgs pop insta, cities are full etc.

Wouldn`t surprise me if classic had 4-5x the players of retail (at the moment)

To be fair, people still playing retails would probably play much more M+ than raid at this point, so I’m not sure raid is the best metrics.

Classic has nothing else to do than raids once you are at end-game.

Yep, I would say for raiders classic is a much much better game but for anyone else pvp/m+ retail is better.

I disagree here. I’ve raided some of TBC and to be honest…if I was not playing with friends, it was just boring as hell.

Retail raiding on its own is fine. It is bad because Blizzard added stupid entry barriers that just make no sense, such as pointless grinding.

that i definetly 1000 % agree.

if you are not hard spaming m+ or trying to clear fated raids there is 0 reason to log in retail

which is so sad tbh .

Because classic raids are more fun and enjoyable

Since Retail is waiting for a new expansion, I would say yes believe them. I’m not interested in Retail but the moment DF drops I’ll be back and abandon Classic.

4 Likes

Nothing new in classic, been there and done that. Nothing to discover and cba.

3 Likes

It’s a shock to me because I had imagined, mistakenly clearly, that “Classic” is a weird niche, with some players wanting, more out of curiosity than anything else, to experience the (almost) original vanilla, TBC and now Wrath.

I never expected 1.5ml players playing…

It has a huge influx of Retail players during downtime, I’m not sure why anyone would be surprised.

WotLK was also one of the most popular expansions.

3 Likes