Classic is DISASTROUS for retail

I tried it, as do many others, but it doesn’t really seem like much compared to retail. Leveling is slow and you barely get enough cash to buy spells, not to mention level your professions. Now I remember it - how I had to make a second character with Mining so I could get enough gold to buy riding skill for my main…

Yeah, maybe I will play some more Classic when bored but there’s so many Quality of Life things missing, like quests that point you in the right direction. I have less time to play than back then, why would I want to spend it grinding and stumbling about hoping to find the quest area?

Come on man. It’s a 210 euro backpack. Don’t sell it short.

Huh, no TLDR
Moving on …

No really it is not you are paying 1 sub anyways so your point is moot .

Besides TBC and Vanilla this is the expansion I played most, and it’s not finished yet… just saying :wink:

Fair enough. Though then it would be a 90€ backpack as you don’t have to pay for 3 months on your main account.

Stop it, they are already dead…

Yet Runescape is the largest MMORPG. Completely unrelated imo.

Without diving into a classic vs retail debate all i will say is since classic launched i haven’t logged into retail once and its the same for the friends i’m playing with. In classic i’m enjoying playing again and i realized i only logged into retail due to habit where as with classic i’m logging because i’m genuinely excited to play again.

I’ll be happy to play classic for a good year or so until i’ve gone through all the content again, if they throw in tbc later i’ll play that as well. I can’t think of one single reason to play BFA.

1 Like

but weren’t people originally saying it would only be 2-3 weeks before we saw noticeable dropoff? im not disagreeing with you that at some point within the next 3-6 months there will be a noticeable dropoff, but the amount of people people trying to say classic will flop (not saying thats your opinion) is a bit silly.

tetris anyone? or sonic? super mario? doom? etc etc etc? there are TONS of old games anything from 3 to 30 years old that people go back and play cause they liked the game. again, i suggest people look at Severance: Blade of Darkness from the early 2000’s. games that have their main selling point as their graphics quickly fail. having nice graphics as a side bonus to good gameplay is something different.

as someone mentioned, a lot of people playing classic are people who have quit retail at some point, or have been on private servers all these years. obviously there are a lot of players from BfA who are playing classic, and that MUST be effecting getting groups together for stuff, or just guild interaction. so are you happy that queues are longer or your guild (or other guilds) are finding it harder to field teams?

yes but no. for QoL obviously BfA is better in many respects, but for actual attention to the game and quality gameplay? no, not so much. at best they are equal, at worst classic is ahead! and that is so bad overall for BfA :frowning:

i cant remember who has to prove who wrong in a chocolate teapot argument. either way, BfA is doing so bad, that we shouldn’t go round making things up about it, cause BfA defenders will focus on the 1 point that cant be proven, and ignore the other 99 facts that show BfA is bad. this of course isn’t helped by blizzard not releasing figures. they KNOW how many unique accounts play every day.

might that not be to blizzard doing techey stuff behind the scenes? my server, which is one of the lowest anyway, the RP one, still looks very healthy with lots of people in SW and running randomly about.

100% agree. anyone trying to disagree with this i would love to see your defense of blizzard bringing out the game just to be benevolent.

again, maybe its cause im on the RP server, but i have not see a bad word really. and the one or two times there is, its some person coming in saying “bfa is great, classic sucks” type thing. so… ?

again, people need to stop making stuff up and just spamming stuff all over the place. it weakens your argument when a quick google search can show your real intentions. also i was confused too. i thought they might have meant 8.2.5. but obviously not.

this. i was fishing in BfA recently as it was all i could do while doing scanning, and another guildie logged on and said it was really nice that there were 3-4 of us online because it had been empty in guild recently. even though we were just talking it was nice. imagine people trying to find groups for stuff atm? :frowning:

this. i am a little confused about people liking it as if its a new game. the only thing i like is being ABLE to go back and play it. this is one thing i HATE about mmos. i cant just pick up the old disc and play the game as it was, like i can for EVERY other game i own.

i would debate this to a point tbh lol the TYPE of progression we are getting in BfA is very artificial hence why RPG progression is basically dead. the progression we are getting is perceived and not actual because of the way that they are designing the game. also, i dont know if “plenty” is the right word, though tbh it could be right, cause even if retail bleeds subs from today onwards, they would keep the game going till they had like a few hundred thousand players. but again, why should graphics over all matter?

I thoroughly enjoy retail and will continue playing for the foreseeable future.

To say it’s disastrous is a bit hyperbolic.

However I have started playing Classic as well and there are a number of core gameplay elements that show BFA up.

Classic is a slight threat as I do believe there are a group of players that have or will jump ship to it, but there are many like me that will split their time equally between the two. You may see that also as a negative as that means my group of playerbase are spending half the time we once did in BFA.

However, looking on it from a pure player point of view, I think it’s great to have the choice. And they say competition is the best thing for the consumer as it keeps the companies on their toes. Well Blizz just created their own competition and hopefully in the long run it will encourage the BFA devs to step up their game.

Used to think you a nice person and good poster but your relentless anti BFA is getting tiresome .You know people can and do play and enjoy both games right ?

Be warned, Vintoleth, you are only a nice person if you say good stuff about BfA. :laughing:

1 Like

No and you know that full well please take your trolling elsewere and the post was nothing to do with you and yet again you got something against me always picking fault with me why don’t you get off my back .

How does one “piss off your back”? :slight_smile:

EDIT, thinking about it, how did the post you quoted come across as me being anti BfA? i was quoting what i had observed on my realm on classic. i took no side in that quote :s

i have to echo redoctober here. why am i now not a nice person or good poster just because i dont like where BfA is going?

i would MUCH rather play whatever current version of WoW is out, than play a game that is 15 years old where i know EVERYTHING that is going to happen for the next 2 years. we dont even have a clue whats coming out in 8.2.5 for bfa.

my problems with BfA stem down to mainly 6 things, and these have been my gripes for years, not just in BfA. they have not changed.

1. rng. extreme uses of rng everywhere, and rng in legacy content.
  2. grind. the extreme grind to get achievements or mounts or whatever. and im not talking about % drop chance on a single item, i mean having to do a whole series of interconnected stuff EACH with % drop chances, and long spawns etc. 8.2 zones are perfect examples of this. and connected with grind is time gating. the poor story has been made worse by doing bits and pieces of it all over the place because it is being time gated constantly, AND by having to log on EVERY day to be able to do some things, rather than being allowed to grind at your own pace.
  3. the story is just all over the place. some decisions being made are like those stupid ones in horror films where you want to smack the screen cause of the characters stupidity. like others have said, after Arthas, blizzard have been hard pressed to bring such a baddie to the game. they had to recycle illidan to get a fair amount of hype for Legion. even grom hellscream was sidelined at the last moment, or ashara who people have been waiting for for years has come and gone in one patch. (8.2 was just a setback pending)
  4. low population servers not being addressed.
  5. gearing. getting gear is not hard. it is easier than ever. but getting the RIGHT gear now is a nightmare. BIS doesn’t bassically exist anymore because of WF/TF and all the possible stat combo items. gearing atm is just very bad and a lot of people cant see this, because they are being flooded with “free” gear.
  6. flying. i am not against pathfinder as long as there is no rep requirement, but flying should be available the moment you complete pathfinder, and pathfinder should be able to be worked on the moment you hit level cap. you should not have to wait a year+ for it. we only have this cause Ion is still throwing a baby tantrum 4 years later after we forced his hand.
  7. (a personal gripe that is not as game breaking for the game as a whole, but it is if you are a collector which is one of the core aspects of the game now.) transmog primarily, but collectibles in general being so hard to get even though they’re not really meant to be rare. what is so wrong or game breaking with a lvl 120 learning a steam vaults (TBC) leg piece of 1H sword first time? even more so when you have 20+ lockouts and it still dont drop. at least, not on the toon that can equip it! it will drop ALL the time on toons that cant use it.

so while i am fairly anti BfA atm, am i saying im Pro classic? no. i just think CURRENTLY classic is a breath of fresh air as BfA is so poor. people obviously enjoy BfA, and fair play to them. they obviously are enjoying aspects of the game i cant come to terms with (the above 6-7 points).

overall though, i think a lot of people, maybe even the majority think BfA is a body blow for WoW. it has hurt their image. i dont want BfA to crash and burn, i want WoW to be fixed and repaired to its glory. going down the classic route will NOT fix that. HOWEVER, taking aspects from vanilla - WotLK could. having a game which is basically just what BfA is, is poor imo. maybe im more invested in parts of the game than you which is why it “hurts” me more. im an achievement hunter, i am a collector,i like pvp. 3 areas that are being ignored so bad. i would raid as well, but my time online does not fit with guild raid times, and the item drops with all their different ilvl possibilities (see point 5) means i would be a burden on them rather than a boon.

so, i have always been consistent on my opinions of what is wrong with wow, and what is wrong with BfA. if you liked my points before, then you either missed the point of my posts or something has changed with how you see the game.

TLDR
i want people to enjoy themselves whatever they play, but nobody should be defending BfA. it has been a massive flustercuck and blizzard are just doubling down on their decisions and i will always post about when i think they are wrong and where.

its a shame you have the view that your text leads me to believe though i am glad i have been helpful to you in the past.

meh, most of the conflicts i have gotten into on here is because im calling BfA for what it is. im just sad that so many people are accepting this level of quality for WoW :frowning:

1 Like

Not accepting it at all even the most white knight of people know there is problems but whats the point of posting negative posts every single day it does your mental well being and others no good .

The forums the last 2 to 3 weeks have been full of people on both sides bashing the hell out of the game there is just no need for it .
Sure make a post saying your views but to daily whine (not saying you are) is really sad.
People gloating over twitch having 1.2 million 2 weeks ago and now its down to 80-90 k views . Ques being smaller sure some of that is due to new servers being open but classic is also losing players which is sad .

Another thing is people saying classic is all sugar and spice and all things nice yet ive to see one classic char on these forums post anything positive about classic or retail.
Edit

People have even tainted the Moooo/Cow thread with the bashing of the coverage of it .Its like people are not allowed to have any fun or be positive on these forums and if you do ,you get picked on by the usual people who go out of there way to belittle /mock/bait you .

you are sorta right. those white knights usually stay quiet on the bad parts to defend the parts they white knight. but yes, negative posts constantly do not help a persons mental well being, and maybe is one of the reasons why i am not liking the game as much atm. but i cant just blindly ignore the failings, so i am left in a limbo.

yes, this type of thing is silly and doesn’t really help things. such statistics are fluid and are often entirely a bad metric to gauge anything by. yet people keep posting them :frowning:

i have also seen this, but not just the last 2-3 weeks, but most of BfA. its almost like every single point being discussed has people strongly agreeing, or strongly disagreeing. there is no middle ground. and it is my opinion that while we argue with each other blizzard are looking back and laughing at us as the $$ roll in for their substandard product. it would be FAR better if we were one against what blizzard is doing, that way, more stuff could be done about fixing these issues, or maybe enough people might actually quit (even if only for short term) that it would properly hurt blizzard in a way the cash shop wont cover.

classic is far from sugar and spice. there are many things that irritate me about it. but here you go, just for you xx

classic: i positively love the feeling of progression again with talent points every level.
BfA: i positively love the Jaina fight in BoD and think it is an amazing encounter.

there we go :kissing_heart: or do i need to log my classic toon to say that? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.