Classic is for a year, TBC is for life

Nah it will be better. Honestly, you’ll see.

You must have faith. Strive for the light.

I mean, it won’t be different in the sense that yes, people will minmax. But minmaxing in TBC and WotLK is a lot less mental than in Vanilla since those games were built with more attention to the meta and finer tuning.

3 Likes

I’d gladly skip TBC for WotLK tbh.

But I’ll be enjoying some pala tanking in Outland.

I feel the opposite actually. TBC might be exciting for a while but I just don’t see it being better than the base game long-term.

1 Like

I agree , TBC is just the real WoW , everything is better instead of vanilla , i cannot wait

1 Like

Absolutely. I can’t wait to play the much better version of Vanilla WoW and stay in Outland maybe forever. Everything is better in TBC.

1 Like

Clunkety clunkety clunk goes the Fel Reaver.

2 Likes

Within the first few hours I would say.

I mean, the way I see it, it was cleared 15 years ago. What matters now is how long you, personally, will take to. In other words, the race was over long ago, now it’s just a personal/guild challenge. Just like Classic was.

1 Like

I dunno, levelling from 60 to 70 in a few hours, then everyone grabbing the attunement?

I guess it’s theoretically possible for a super-disciplined guild who camp overnight at the portal entrance, rush through the second it opens, and then are organised with military precision, assigned to groups to run the same instances over and over and over again until everyone’s levelled, attuned, and then race to Khara.

Yeah, perhaps someone like APES, though I think it would be a hell of an achievement if someone managed to do so.

Netherstorm, Nagrand and Zangarmarsh are still my favorite zones even to this day.

Eagerly await to return to outland once again

1 Like

The “new” meta will be the old one from the Sunwell days. Class stacking to the max (warlocks and hunters for dps, shamans for raid healing and group buffs) along with professions (you’ve mentioned the drums already).

World buffs will be gone, for the most part…and that’s one of the best parts. My hunter is currently logged out and I’d like to play it, but I just gathered the world buffs and I don’t want to lose sunflower duration.

It depends on the rollout, though. TBC is for life, indeed, but which TBC are we getting? The first patch or the last? Because if it’s the last, it will be fun for two-three months tops.

In classic wow we kind of started super-OP, which kind of took the fun out of it. New players probably never found out that Ragnaros had a second phase.

Other than that, I’m just as excited as you are, if not more.

I kinda share the concern, to an extent, but:

1. Even in 2.4, bosses like Kaelthas can kick your butt harder than 1.0 Ragnaros would’ve ever done.
  2. The problem with patch progression is that the game has a lot of major flaws early on. Maybe less so than early Vanilla, but still very notable. Both in terms of class balance and in terms of lack of certain QoL (guild bank springs to mind, but also the revamped leveling experience, the removal of worldbuffs and so on). Plus, certain bosses (most notably Kael himself) were very much broken before 2.1 - heck, he wasn’t even downed once before 2.1 came out.

Personally, I think the best option for Blizzard is to selectively undo many of the nerfs they applied from 2.1 onwards, but without a flat-out patch progression that, after the initial hype, would leave a lot of players disgruntled (not unlike leeway/batching). However, that would take a lot of time, so maybe it’d be easier for them to just pick a state of the game and stick with it. I think 2.1 is overall solid for a pick in terms of PvE content, as many of the bosses haven’t yet been completely neutered by then. I’d miss not being able to try original Solarian, among others, but I also wouldn’t mind not having to deal with 45min SSC trash respawns or cleave everywhere in heroic dungeons.

Then again, even 2.1 had its own share of issues (imagine Archimonde gaining two Soul Charges from Priests that have the Spirit of Redemption talent, for example), so it’d still need tweaking.

I dunno… I’m not fully convinced that we’d get a proper frankenpatch as I think we’d need, but between proper patch progression and permanent 2.4.3 I’d pick the latter definitely. An easier T4 and T5 experience, while regrettable, would be an okay price to pay for not having to go through the whole wbuff madness for another 4-5 months.

Classic:

Go to Blasted Lands, farm the parts for the buff.
Go to Booty Bay or Yojamba, get the Heart of Hakkar buff.
Go to Darkmoon Faire, get your preferred buff from Sayge.
Go to Dire Maul, get the tribute buffs.
Go to Stormwind, get the onyxia or nefarian buff.
Go to Orgrimmar, get MC’d under it (by your second account) and wait for the Rend buff.
Go to Felwood, get the songflower buff.
Go to the bank, pick up any chocolates and jujus you might find.
Go to the AH if you still need to, buy flasks for 250 gold a piece, oils for 15 gold, everything else, mail them to your character, wait for one hour for the mail to arrive, struggle with bag space for the 15 different consumables you have and the resistance gear you need.
Run to the raid and lose half the buffs on the way to a random shaman purge. Or get ganked on the way by 30 people without a chance of fighting back.

You kill a few bosses, but get nothing because two pieces of loot dropped and there were 40 of you; if it’s BWL or MC, you don’t even get to complain, because, well, what’s the chance of your class shoulders dropping?

When you’re done with the raid, which is a consumable fest, queue for the battlegrounds. You fall asleep because the queue is 2 hours long.

The next day, you try to form a group for an instance. Spam LFG, world and Trade for 30 minutes. Eventually you get a group. Somehow. Half of them don’t know how to get there, half of them are too lazy and keep spamming “123” ignoring the fact that there’s no warlock in the raid. One hour later you give up.

Try to farm some herbs, because consumables are so expensive. Spend 20 minutes getting there. Once you get there, it’s full of rogues in stealth, just waiting to gank you for that one flower and you just can’t run away.

TBC:

Buy a 50 gold flask from the auction house with some 10 gold food and a 10 gold weapon oil. Unless you’re a warrior or a warlock tank, you’ve got no resistance gear - maybe a few pieces for Mother Shazrah. Mail the consumables to your raiding character. It arrives within seconds. Fly to the raid without anyone touching you (unless it’s Karazhan). You’re done. You might get something, with more loot, fewer people and 3 type of armor tokens.

Queue for arenas. It takes you one minute to get in.

Form a group for an instance using the LFG tool. Fly to the summoning stone and summon the poor half of the party (those without epic flying mounts) there.

Farm something. Get on your druid in your flight form and fly around from herb to herb. If something attacks you, press space and run. Spam your favourite insulting emotes. Count the 10 Fel Lotus you got from the random herbs you gathered. Not great, not terrible.

You decide to take alchemy on your character. You use the mats for a flask and boom, you’ve got 5 flasks. Well isn’t that awesome! And you don’t even need to buy a cleared BWL id to craft them.

Conclusion:

No, TBC is not going to be just like classic. It may not be as great as we hope it will be, but it won’t be as bad as classic.

4 Likes

idk tbc is overhyped tbh, arena is complete trash, worse than the worst season of BFA. Attunement clown fiesta 100x worse than classic. Black temple / sunwell might be good?

I’m not much of a PvP player, but I’ve played both arenas and vanilla BGs and I’d much rather play the former. At least I don’t have to deal with endless queues or premades.

Not really. The “tediousness” of TBC attunements is vastly exaggerated, mostly by players who “missed the train” back then.

Karazhan’s attunement mostly asks you to do dungeons that you’d want to do anyway to gear up. And even then you don’t need to jump through much hoops - you just have to open a chest and kill an elite enemy that quite a few classes can even solo. In fact, only Shadow Labyrinth and Black Morass require actual completion - the keys in Steamvaults and Arcatraz can be acquired without even killing a single boss. Unlike, say, the Horde version of the Onyxia attunement q that requires you to do a full LBRS and two mostly-full UBRS runs while also doing several elite quests in the outer world.

SSC attunement is literally: kill Nightbane and kill Gruul. That’s so easy I don’t even know why I need to mention this one. Similarly, Hyjal’s attunement quest only requires you to kill Kael’thas and Vashj - two bosses that most guilds will keep killing at least until Zul’Aman comes out because their loot is that good.

Tempest Keep and Black Temple are the only raids whose attunement quests involve more than just doing a boss or dungeon you’d have done anyway, since especially the TK quests require you to do these dungeons on a “hardmode” of sorts. More annoying, yes, but far from 100% worse. Certainly less worse than many optional-yet-hotly-recommended Vanilla farms such as the Cenarion tactical quests. And don’t get me started on the Scepter chain.

Even Hyjal is better than any Vanilla raid except AQ40, Naxx and maybe ZG. Emphasis on maybe because the whole raid is so horribly undertuned by the time you access it that you can almost ignore most mechanics, and then it becomes a boring trash slug. Even Karazhan is heaps better than ZG for the most part.

1 Like

Worse than two hours in the AV queue to zerg the other faction’s boss in 5 minutes?

It’s not balanced, no, but is pvp balanced in classic?

It’s just classic with a lot of minuses removed, more fun raid bosses, a new battleground, fewer nasty logistics to deal with, no world buffs, easier farming, grouped quests and flying, useful professions.

Attunements are easy to find groups for, unlike the Onyxia attunement in classic. As times passes, you can skip some of them altogether with badge gear and craftables and eventually they’re getting removed.

It’s not perfect, but it’s a huge improvement over classic. You say it’s overhyped now, but all 3 shaman specs are viable in raids (to the top) to begin with and they’re FUN to play too.

2 Likes

I wasn`t comparing tbc to classic.

I was talking about retail arena vs tbc arena, many clueless retail arena players atm think that tbc will be some god tier amazing arena experience, when in reality its extreme trash. Which makes sense because arena came out for the first time in tbc

Well, we’re going there from classic. What were you comparing it to? Retail?

Retail arena is probably much more balanced, questing has had massive improvements, lots of quality of life changes, but outside of arena, retail has no soul left, it’s been a single player game with a mindless grind since Legion. Grind artifact power, grind azerite, grind anima. I can’t handle that meaningless stuff anymore.

Retail arena is probably great, I wouldn’t know, but people left retail for classic for lots of very good reasons…and they’ll be going into BC for lots of other very good reasons.

If what happens when BC launches doesn’t make Activision understand what they need to do with the next expansion, absolutely nothing will.

2 Likes