Classic LFG

addon sounds like a big crap and im sure it will ruin the game. While you are in Feralas, you will not be able to communicate with the whole world, except you enter /world. Use this. And automatic lfg spamming? No thanks.

(Этмер) #469

There’s global LookingForGroup channel.

If people don’t wish to want to know,the people they are inviting to their groups to complete their task, but rather wants to use rely on a data that does it for you. Then what was the point of all this? Why don’t we just delete the chat window and make it RP only server feature?

Break it. Break it real good. If it constraint other non-intrusive addons in the process then so be it for the greater good.

Figured I should leave a note about this here too. This was recently shared on the US Forum. Someone has been in contact with a Blizzard employee regarding this LFG Addon.

How to defeat ClassicLFG addon
(Bornakk) #475

We’ve been closely following the community discussion around this add-on for WoW Classic, as well as analyzing it to make sure we understand how it works. After careful examination, we believe the nature of ClassicLFG is incompatible with our social design for Classic. Thus, in an upcoming patch (in the weeks following launch), we will be adding restrictions to the Classic add-on API that will significantly limit this add-on and others like it.

In line with what we shared at BlizzCon last year, we intend to be very careful about allowing add-on functionality that might undermine aspects of the social dynamics that are core to the Classic experience, even in cases like this where it’s clear that the addon author had no ill intent and was simply trying to provide a service to the Classic community. Ultimately, if a streamlined group-finding system was something we considered compatible with Classic, we would have kept the modern Premade Group Finder tool rather than choosing to remove it from the Classic client.

It’s difficult to articulate a clear-cut rule for exactly when an add-on crosses the line. However, when an add-on goes beyond presenting information or providing aesthetic customization, and attempts to create an interconnected social network that relies on other players also using that same add-on, we are likely to scrutinize it particularly closely.

Why I don't want ClassicLFG banned
Lazy babies want to ruin the game
(OFFICIAL) Blizzard makes LFG addons ILLEGAL
How to defeat ClassicLFG addon
Ban The LFG Addon?
Mograine Discord
Thoughts about how to break ClassicLFG API
(OFFICIAL) ClassicLFG Addon Will Not Work in Classic WoW
Blizzard should ban using LFG addons

Thanks for responding to this issue. much appreciated.

I have no words … Thanks you Blizzard. You take the right decision :slight_smile: .

Thank you Blizzard!!! Such a reactive classic team you have! Very impressed!

(Zeynaa) #479

Noooo bros they werent supposed to win!!!

bros how are we going to run dungeons as associal retail players!!111

bros i hate talking to people i just want to join dungeons with 1 click of a button and leave after the first wipe bros please11!!

Edit: If you are going to scroll past this post to read other replies here is TLDR: Retail titanforge goblins seething unable to cope

Official Firemaw Discord

http:// discord.gg/xt67bFD

For Firemaw Players Official Server

Join if you are on Firemaw Server
http:// discord.gg/xt67bFD Official Firemaw Server for DS

(Timoris) #481

Ah!!! Yes!!! Finally an unabashed, untarnished GOOD NEWS. THANKS.

(Punyelf) #482

I think I have managed to link that response in every relevant thread now :laughing:

(Mbo) #483

Cancer eradicated.

(Psyfy) #484

:100: points for you!

Thank you.

Wow!
I hope the retail-team is learning from the Classic dev. team; unbelieveable response to community feedback all throughout the process
Thanks, thanks a lot!

Thank god, this made me really happy

Really disapointed with this response and will only make people use other means to achieve the same goals.

Blizzard really has a way to cave to the loudest voice, ignoring the other side of the coin, but it is to be expected from the track record that you guys have. After all because you heard to these kind of people, WoW reached the state it is in right now.

The addon was in line with what other addons did back then. It is just a chat parser to display LFG/LFM messages in a pretty interface, so tell me how does this forces users to use it or be excluded from the social aspects of the game if they do not have it installed? The other users can still see the messages and whisper the group leader.

Are you gonna ban all automated addons that force people to use them or be excluded from raiding also, ever heard of Call To Arms, qQueue, etc? I don’t remember you guys banning these back then.

I will just put DND or block people so they don’t whisper all people in /who and I will avoid being the group leader or forming groups like the plague, to not have to deal with all the click, scroll and read at the speed of light, with the amount of people that will be playing now on each server.

Really bad decision overall on something that was not broken, except maybe the auto invite option, but the author said he was going to remove it.

You guys forget that it’s 2019, not 2004. People have more means and technology to achieve their goals.

Wow absolutely phenomenal and unexpected!

Thank you!

Yes well, it is the majority that decides what most people enjoy.