Classic made me to want play retail more

Hey,

i loved original (classic) game when it was live game. I had multiple 60 lvls and i was pretty addicted to it.

But now i tried Classic it is kind of slow, boring and you know everything what will happen, what is where, what you should do etc…

After like 60 hours i just stopped to play bcs everything what now i feel like annoying just started to ruin all that great memories what i have for original game.

And bcs all that reasons that annoyed me in classic i now appreciate retail much more than before.

Have somebody same thing like this?

16 Likes

You spent 60 hours playing a game you found slow and boring?

7 Likes

Classic has its appeal but it did not make me enjoy or like current modern wow any better i like classic for what it is but i have done classic already gone through the zones over decade ago.

I rather like the pace of classic and i truly enjoy that professions are actually useful.

As for modern wow the game feels like a dried out husk that just waits for it being thrown to a dumpster. Classes feel empty as do professions everything revolves around boring forgettable collect some crap resource that everybody hates and over the top amount of RNG.

1 Like

Atleast he gave it a proper try.

9 Likes

Its the way lots of people seem to be doing things nowadays just look at forums there are people who say that wow has been dead boring and crap after vanilla/tbc yet still they enjoy torturing them self playing the game they hate for over a decade.

Don’t know about others but if i dislike a game i just don’t play it and move on.

2 Likes

I did remember vanilla a bit too fondly and some aspects I remember being hard back then. But with a lot of WoW time since vanilla… I see it different with classic being around. The game doesn’t have the same appeal and I find no difficulty in it. It’s more slow pace content and part walking simulator.

Don’t get my wrong, I play classic randomly for some down time from BFA.

1 Like

To each their own I suppose. To me it’s the exact opposite. Decided I wanted to level My Mag’Har priest a bit and went back to Classic after 30 minutes. Being able to pull entire camps of mobs like some sort of immortal god just feels wrong.

Hope you’re having fun in Retail ^^

6 Likes

I went back to retail also. I did enjoy and miss doing the old quests again though but for me it feels pointless to play a game that will most likely not progress after Naxx. I am not a raider so hitting 60 would be the end for me

2 Likes

People have to understand that classic is catered more towards your 15 year-old selves in the past.

Yeah those times were awesome, but you’re not 15 anymore, you all are adults.

WoW retail grew up with you.
It grew with your demands
Your demands of not having enough time in the day anymore, to make things easier, all so you could pay attention to real life responsibilities.

At the moment a lot of y’all are having a mid-life crisis and have probably found extra time midway again to briefly play 8 hours a day again.

Soon though a lot are going to have a relapse when you go back to only playing 2 hours a day, or only 1 day in the weekend.

3 Likes

It is true that playing Classic gives you a new appreciation for all the QoL normal WoW has. Not to mention you are a literal god even at level 1 so that feels nice.

Two different products.

1 Like

I like Classic for its immersive RPG elements, but there are definitely some things I am glad were improved in Retail.

3 Likes

Different games, different audiences. Nothing else to say pretty much.

1 Like

Enjoy retail, no harm in not liking classic. At least you’re not bitter about it like 90% of people are.

Ye tell me about that with work, wife and 2 little kids :slight_smile:

Classic was to slow for me
I made a undead warlock somtimes my shadow bolt hit the mob somtimes it resisted shadowbolt
I had to drink after every mob i killed
Made me miss my retail warlock a little bit

Same here…

First i try to play Classic and i leveled my druid to lvl 23.
At the moment i play Retail, but with the classic philosophy. I play a character without heirloom, i take Leatherworking and Skinning for my druid and install only Storyline and read the quest textes. Is a very new feeling to play this game and dont rush to the endcontent.

Seriously try it what i do. Start with classic with few days and later retail with the classic philosophy. That makes so much fun.

2 Likes

Classic was a good game in 2004, but it’s just an awful game in 2019 and is just a painfully boring and complete chore to play. The entire world and class design is such strange mix of finished and unfinished content, where some zones and classes feels like they are in a beta stage while others barely even qualify for a alpha stage and this is how it will stay forever. It’s just sad that people begged for this.

1 Like

I tried it too as an Elemental and stopped after 2 hours. Classic Shaman gameplay is dog’s poo compared to BFA.

i wanted to play classic but 6 hour queue times made me think i might as well have a break since i have been subscribed since xmas. might as well wait until tourists are gone and the servers have settled down a bit. i used to have tons of fun on nostalrius though, happy to be able to play classic soon without the risk of the whole server + your char being removed

1 Like