Classic RP vs Expansion RP

I don’t have an issue with some temporary layering to alleviate the launch process. The traffic is going to be huge on launch just down to people coming in who are curious to give it a go.

It’s not going to be the same if I don’t sometimes get stuck in the looting animation for several minutes at a time.

Nor will it be the same without my RP being enhanced the Blackrock Mountain.

Yeah, definitely. :slight_smile: I am thinking that my forsaken - will be a living person in the classics.

1 Like

Imagine RPing without transmog after having tasted it

Dont have to imagine it, already tried it. A lot of people mix-matched plate with leather, etc. Made a lot of nice attires. Bag and bank space is going to mean a lot.

As for the sharding / layering they specifically said it would only be in the launch period which is more than fine with me.

3 Likes

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/wow-classic-european-realms-structure/56694

They’re trying to bring us low… we didn’t brexit for this…

We’ll just get a potion for even more language barrier removal

The one problem is the comfort that we adapted ourselves to.
So I must say…
We -must- at least, spend a day or two on Classic WoW in term of RP to see how lucky we are to have TRP and such. Transmogs and all that jazz.
We don’t realize how lucky we are to have such things for RP. Even if it could be better…

Japlus or Forcemod 3? I’m a jedi academy veteran too!

1 Like

TRP is just an addon, though. Nothing will prevent people from porting it to work with Classic. The Classic WoW client is, actually just a reskined Legion WoW client.

As for transmogs, it will indeed suck having to use your bagspace for nice-looking outfit. On the other hand the advantages is that the vast majority of the player characters you will be interacting with will be looking like every-men scrubs, which might be a bit better for immersion.

JAplus. How long ago were you playing?

2006 or something around those years.
Mainly on Forcemod 3.
I know a server called Enclave was on japlus later on too. Continuum.
What servers did you play on? I know this is a huge derail, but this is total nostalgia!

1 Like

Transmogs and the equipment manager is probably legit the two things I’ll sorely miss while playing classic. I have not-so-fond memories of stacking my RP gear in seperate bags and creating macros to switch them out on the go.

However, what I will experience while exploring the old world again will more than make up for it.

2 Likes

Well… I’ll prolly be blaying a lot of classic, though I’ll prolly prefere RPing on retail… Too many features that are now in that makes the RP-experience so much better.
Whenever it’s races, diversity, more zones, transmog, better character models and the list goes on!

Me and my friends were part of a server called RPG World which ran for many years, can’t even remember when I started playing … a few years before WoW’s release at least. Probably quite a bit before your time so our server would have dissolved by then. I was playing it on and off right up until I joined wow at the tail end of 2005.

So rare to see other JKA players out in the wild! I must admit I never played ForceMod though.

There were like 5 threads about it already. Same old replies are being posted over and over again

free posts

what about all the things that it doesn’t have? Transmog has made customizing your character much easier to suit your roleplay needs. The adding of elixir of tongues and access to more zones have given us a broader scope of roleplay, that vanilla cant offer at all.

Overall sure. Transmogging is probably one of my favourite additions to the game - especially when you didn’t have to keep all the items you wanted to mog.

But there’s a lot of plusses to RPing in Vanilla that have been kinda messed up in the current game. The first thing that popped into my mind is phasing. From Cata onwards, most zones will be plagues by different quest states and phases, which causes characters to either temporarily disappear whilst the server is trying to figure out which phase your character belongs to, or permanently, because some people in the group completed the storyline, whereas the others, RPing on a fresh boosted character, have not done so.

So many good campaign ideas killed because you know that there’s a good 25% of ones clique that won’t do the quests because they don’t pay attention, 25% who forget and so on…

The biggest issue I’m seeing in this whole debate is how often people want to disregard the other side. Be it some wild claims that everyone who wants to play in Vanilla is some pre-teen that never played this and only want to play it because some streamer told them so(cool stats btw, share them, Brigante).

Whereas truth of the matter is that this is potentially a really good opportunity for Blizzard to see what players interact with the most, and if possible, they could bring in learnings from the earlier version of the game. I for one miss a lot of player agenda that we used to have, that mostly manifested in the ability to choose what you fight with, not just some new skin of the same type of weapon.

Blizzard has already admitted that they’ve gone too far in some scenarios, such as class pruning and losing the sight of class fantasies. That was a great first step towards rebuilding the trust between Blizz and the consumers. I’m honestly hoping that they’ll do more of that.

I’d like to give it a go, but I can’t see it working out because EU servers won’t have language restrictions. You’ll be seeing French, German, Italian and Spanish RPers all trying to RP in Stormwind at the same time, turning random RP into an absolute nightmare if you don’t know any language other than English, or at least don’t know any of the other main languages on EU servers.