Classic server Wipes

Hey there.

So since classic is about to soon hit its end I was wondering if there will be stuff like classic server wipes where maybe a new server will open up that starts at 0 again or that an already existing server gets “reset”.

I think this could keep things a bit fresh and alive but it was just a brain fart of mine and I wanted to know what you guys think about the idea.

3 Likes

Soon, not really. This topic is made weekly and no one knows, but in my opinion not until TBC is released, and then only maybe.

1-2 months after naxx they should release fresh imo.

Personally wouldn’t mind it sooner though

4 Likes

Yeah man, let’s reset the servers now before Naxx is even released, I can’t see that annoying any players at all.
Great idea mate.

5 Likes

I Obviously meaned after Nax and all that is cleared.

1 Like

Who would it hurt to create a whole new, fresh server? You can just keep playing on your current one.

2 Likes

From what I have read most servers are quiet already so creating fresh servers will only split the player base even more?

Maybe this is correct for you, but not for everyone.

There’s still thousands of players and guilds out there playing at different paces and of whom will be be wanting to experience end game content for at least another 12 months yet.

1 Like

I came to Classic to experience C’Thun and Naxx, stuff I didn’t get to do in Vanilla. For me, Classic hasn’t even begun yet, and won’t for another 6 days, since we are about to finish the war effort on Zandalar Tribe.

3 Likes

“split the player base” - people aren’t playing for other but because they want to play. Classic after initial leveling stage become raidlogging/pvp logging/gold farming and alike and after naxx will start to fade away. If they announce TBC with transition people will be getting ready. If not then there will be less and less reason to play.

What private servers did is launch a fresh realm after one finished progression. When K2 ended progression K3 was launched and pretty much all of players rerolled (there was like 1-2 guilds raiding on K2 after K3). Existing K2 toons were merged to old K1. When K3 finished progression and some time passed it was merged with that old master-realm and no fresh was launched as Classic was expected in summer :wink: FRESH was the replayability of Classic on private servers for years.

3 Likes

This is what we were saying when Classic still was being developed. We asked them for ‘‘Ladder Servers’’ like in Diablo 2 that are wiped every once in awhile and the characters then transfered to ‘‘permanent’’ realms.

For most people (including myself) the fun and engaging part of Classic is about the first year, after that it becomes very stale and you rather have that exciting fresh hype again, trying out the other faction or another race/class than to raidlog autohitting raidbosses.

So people that are really hardcore and wanted to clear AQ40/Naxx could have done so on the permanent realm.

But hey, don’t expect smart ideas from a billion dollar company.

2 Likes

Chuckled a bit at “soon”. It has at the very least a full year ahead, it’s not ending any time soon.

You think? Considering that it now didn’t even take us a year to get through MC, Blackwing Lair, Onyxia and ZG you think AQ and Nax will hold much longer? Cause I might be wrong but as far as I recall they are the only two things left to add to the game.

Shadowlands is releasing later this year. They will not release Naxxramas around Shadowlands release and hype. At earliest it might come out in January, after which people will be farming Naxx for many months to come to gear everyone in t3. It’s also pretty close to actual releases from Vanilla.

And what incentive does a new player/someone who rerolled has to level up on those servers? Where people have stacked 20k+ gold on their mages? Where people are leveling their 3rd or 4th alt,and pay for boosts only (which i totally understand)? Where all the resources are overfarmed? Where noone is doing dungeons etc? New servers wouldnt hurt anyone. People that want to level up with others would do that, and pwople that want to be boosted still have their “old” servers:)

1 Like

There will be most likely some merges because I can’t really see BlizzVision opening new servers when TBC comes back again.

P5 has just been released, the gates of AQ are still being opened on some servers as we speak and there’s already people thinking about the end.
We still have AQ to do, and naxx after that.
This thread is like irl planning for christmas decorations when easter just started.

In about a year is not even remotely close to “soon”.

They should release naxx sooner rather than later.

And release fresh realms 1-2 months after naxx. So maybe around christmas

2 Likes

Yes with even less players than they have now! No point levelling a nice shiny new character if you can’t get a group together when it’s needed! The only way to level will be by boosting, and then back to where we are now, only with double the dead servers.

1 Like