Classic Timewalking in Retail?

Ok, now we’ve got the Classic servers running. Which is pretty.

And I understand why Classic is not implementing a modern (if loved) feature such as transmogs. It just wouldn’t be Classic.

Truth be told however as a collector I feel very sad I still cannot get some old uncommon and rare mogs that were removed from game with Cataclysm… nor even farming them in the ‘new’ Classic…

So since Blizzard has all the files still… how about offering us some more old instances, handled as Timewalking megadungeons?

We do have Timewalking dungeons AND raids… and Mechagon is a megadungeon…

That way we’d be able to access at least some of the uncommon and rares that have been removed for… no reason at all? :stuck_out_tongue:

Please, Blizzard, please!

4 Likes

thats not going to happen imo, even if they wuld bring back the huge dungeons without splitting it up, the playerbase would get too impatient to d it

2 Likes

timewalking megadungeon… with what exactly? Everyone knows that dungeons in vanilla are just sh!t with no tact at all lol. U want just patchwerk fights whole “megadung”?

1 Like

I would love they improve Timewalking and include an option of TW applied to the outdoor zones.

So that means during one TW event people choose to play in the outdoor zones in normal mode or TW mode, TW is the same but those players are reduced to the level of that expansion and they see the world in a phase with the lore of the apropiate expansion, for example with Garrosh as leader in Pandaria and Cata TW, and seen the cities in the state of that expansion. With the improvements in phasing people could be in the same city and ones see BFA version and others Cataclysm phase, without spliting the players in two versions.

This mode could allow to replay all the quest content from that expansions, including removed quest chains that are no longer playable, they could make so we can play Pandaria Legendary quest chain but in TW mode dont give titles, achievements, mounts, etc, to keep it as exclusive.

That could be extended for Classic because now that they have the old world adapted for Classic, and those servers use the same infraestructure as BFA, they could add the original Azeroth in BFA servers and have both versions as two phases or maybe as two separate wolrd, just like Draenor and Outland and in-lore the same world on diferent eras but in game are two separate continents. The old world could be used for the outdoor zones of Classic, TBC and WOTLK, not just for removed dungeons, but also to play quest chains for TBC and WOTLK removed like Siege of Undercity

1 Like

This.

The playerbase nowadays aren’t patient enough… Everything is “GOGOGOGO” and “NOWNOWNOWNOW”…

1 Like

I would like if they added the old zones, with the removed questlines, using the zone phasing technology. We would have the possibility of doing the removed content with heirlooms, transmog and blood elves :grinning:

3 Likes

Yes, but there were many items that were removed with Cataclysm and they are not special and probably they are not in the collection tab of most players that play back them.

For every item like Benediction are hundreds of world drop greens and blues that are unobtainable not because are exclusive, simple because they drop from enemies that were removed with Cataclysm. The same for many quest rewards for low-level quest.

Another kind of removed items that were not exclusive are low level sets from removed dungeons like defias set or scholomance set that are no longer in game and old players like me don’t have those because but that those are not wort to keep in the bank. I had been a tier collector since WOTLK and I assure you the things collectors keep in their banks before transmog were hard to get items and tier raids, and paradoxically, except some exceptions, the things that were worth to keep in the bank are the things that were not removed.

Remember Transmog collection was added in Legion, but most of those unobtainable items were removed in Cataclysm. We could exclude things like Benediction , Tier 3 or Corrupted Ashbringer because those are things that probably no one who did it delete it, or even those items were acquired with quests. But for much other, more mundane and trivial items, not even people who play back them have it in their collection.

In any case i think it could be a good compromise between exclusivity and remove everything for example restoring old content with zones, dungeons and quest chains but not allow to earn in those versions achievements, titles, mounts and some items that were special, but allow to play the story, explore the zones and collect removed items that are no special.

1 Like

yes its an rpg not an action online game.

i always loved the huge dungeons like brd and stratholme , but i dont see such dungeons happening anymore. Mechagon looks somewhat like this i think, but i dislike timed content like mythics, same with the affix thing. Would be cool if we had big challenging dungeons without all the junk they stuff into mythic dungeons.

2 Likes

I disagree with that i dont think any items/apearences should be removed from the game evrr

1 Like

Im against it. When something is taken from game it automatically becomes exclusive. The same for special weapons in WoD, Pandaria sets and Legion Mage tower skins.

People who worked to get it put a lot of effort to be the owner of these things. I don’t see any reason why now anybody should be able to get the same items.

So, NO to returning of unique things that were taken from game earlier.

Just did wailing caverns in vanilla and it was a blast. Getting lost inside a dungeon, wiping and having to run back from the graveyard.

I’d rather have that than a top DPS simulator.

And lets face it… It doesn’t matter if a dungeon boss has 10 different boss mechanics it still doesn’t give you any challenge after the 2nd time you kill the boss…

But I quess it’s hard for a backpeddling casual like you who can’t even do a M+10

Your wrong. You cant compare blue items from removed dungeons with specisl rewards like MOP challenge gear or Mage Towers for a single reason: The people who did those dungeons back them dont have those items too because transmog was added in Legion and those dungeons were removed before Legion and unlike other old items like MOP Challenge Gear there are no achievements that can be used to allow everyone who has does items to got them now.

Both people who worked for it and people who dont do not own those transmogs

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.