Classic WOTLK Servers

Hello.

whats everyone doing for wotlk, are people staying on these one sided servers or are you playing the fresh servers where hopefully we get some faction balance?

I currently have a few 70s on normal servers but with the faction balance being so bad I feel no fun in the game due to no world pvp etc. I cant even imagine leveling in wrath with only one faction as it completely destroys the point of a pvp server.

So anyway just would like to hear your thoughts?

3 Likes

One sided servers are born from people avoiding PVP. It really is as simple as that.

For most players who raid-log in classic, no opposing faction has zero impact on them. I suspect we’ll see no change in WOTLK.

1 Like

So either all the people who want to pvp come together and go to fresh servers, or we try to spread the word of 1 dedicated normal server to try and get faction balance like firemaw. Most people I know are frustrated that they cant get onto firemaw because of the balance.

Why would you join a pvp server to try and avoid pvp? surely you would just play on a pve server?

I don’t know - ask the alliance who, en amsse, moved away from every PVP server to firemaw and crippled the entire faction on a dozen other servers.

2 Likes

Seems like Beta Male behaviour to me.

2 Likes

It’s just the mindset. The idea of another player causing you a minor inconvenience is too much when people want BiS molten core purpz. I feel like, thanks to private server meta+ youtube videos, we completely missed the point of classic.

3 Likes

Wouldnt call being actually farmed in IF was a minor inconvenience tbh, but it was becouse of how extreme a few people on most server took it that we have the situation we have now, if people werent activly trying to make the other side quit or transfer during classic vanilla we would have had more servers that were a bit more balanced atleast

1 Like

Should never play on a pvp server if you cant take a bit of pvp, one of the only alliance left on gehennas and still fly round killing people lol.

Where a pserver 99% of the time is PvP and no PvE or other realm to transfer to…

20 year old game is known and theorycrafted to the bone, what did you expect? That meta won’t rule the game?

Blizzard went with technical recreation as it was. This in turn allowed players to derail it away from anything resembling old WoW. Some pserver do have some policing rules and Blizzard started doing their own with the start of TBC and in SoM. To have anything close to original feel in modern times you have to police the player not to break the game. This means a lot of blocks/changes to “broken” activities…

…but still PvP realms did not work on retail and I doubt they will ever again work for Classic. IMHO warmode with equal faction limit is the only option :wink:

1 Like

Or maybe… just maybe, you should get more organised and actually contest the people doing this, instead of dying a few times, getting annoyed, then rage-quitting and using server transfer as a shield.

No you don’t

Not being able to take some pvp is clearly why I stayed until the aliance side was actually dead with not a single raiding guild on Stonespine…

Or maybe when the horde were 65% of the server literaly farming people in capitals becouse lol im bored might not have been the best idea if people wanted to have more servers that were still alive.

Someone from my old server claimed being the minority and getting ganked, Ironforge shows them being majority until the server collapsed, almost over night.

In classic Alliance was THE PVE faction due to paladins and racials. The min-max mindset makes PVP a waste of time for players who decided to chase those goals. participation and faction majority aren’t the same thing

1 Like

My big point was that if people want to try to have atleast one balanced server among the fresh servers they will have to learn from what happened atleast on stonespine and most likley a few other servers, where the majority literaly drove the minority away over time it took a lot of time but it did happen, and if you take a look at IF pro you will see that stonespine was a ally minority server from the begining but it was fairly stable until a point when people didnt want to actually get killed in IF or any other capital becouse there was a few bored rogues.

Because the Horde moved to Gehennas en mass and decided to gank every raid and dungeon entrance 24/7.

1 Like

Its just way more Horde players than Allliance on both Classic and Retail.

And alrdy playing on a 40/60 Balance is very bad so most Alliance players just Transfer its not really the type of PvP not able to use the Sumstone

It’s s 53/47 split on Europe. Pulling this 60/40 thing out of thin air.

You do know that ironforg pro is not the be all end all of how many people who play right? its about logs and what ever the thing arena players use, and thats it. While it most likely would just be a 1-3% difference up or down on each side, you are looking at all the servers as a united thing with that split you got, now try one where you just look at pvp servers (they are more popular) and one where you check at only pve servers and you will see that the population that actually have to care about server balance becouse they can get killed at any point actually is closer to what Pigeonknife said than what you said

Alliance: 35.933. 36.9%
Horde: 61.496. 63.1%

These are the numbers for raid/pvp logging chars on PvP servers in Europe.

Based on what?