Classic Wow Era

I have not played classic wow since 2020 and I log in today and see my characters are now on the wotlk classic server, they should have stayed on the Classic Wow Era Server.

5 Likes

You had to make a choice prior July 26, 2022 whether if you’d like them to stay at Classic Era or otherwise they’ll be automatically moved to Progress Era realms, in this case TBC → WOTLK Classic.

Actually Era were the new servers and classic went in the natural progression as Saneko says. Classic => TBC => Wrath

If you didn’t make a choice by the deadline your characters couldn’t stay forever in limbo.

I have never logged in with these characters since I quit which was before tbc or even before tbc prepatch and I did not know that these characters will be effectively deleted cause their gear is worthless now on wotlk I would pay money to have them available on the classic era realm

5 Likes

That’s exactly what happened in the 2010s. Progression through expansions is the natural outcome, the Era realms were added in addition to progression realms, not the other way around.

took a break for a year. came back and saw that all my characters have been moved onto wotlk servers with no museum server cloning option available.

this is a pretty ridiculous move by Blizzard. Bring back character cloning.

4 Likes

Welcome to the Support forum, as it appears your post is a suggestion you should submit it through the ingame suggestion button as we do not monitor feedback on this forum.

Magical Suggestion Box
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/21518

Alternatively you can click the pencil in your opening post and move it to an appropriate forum for feedback (if none available, select General Discussion).

It’s odd as you had quite a bit more than a year to choose which game to play. In fact all of TBC.

That’s exactly what happened in the 2010s. Progression through expansions is the natural outcome, the Era realms were added in addition to progression realms, not the other way around.
I expect similar thing to happen at the end of Wrath Classic, characters will be moved to Cata.
If Blizzard creates Wrath permanent realms, players would need to opt into them, the default would be to go to Cata if someone takes 1-2 year break.

Official responses on Era forums? I guess we qualify for that now that we are high pop! Not complaining, just saying :smiley:

Make a new char and join the adventure mate. Era is here to stay and nobody will take your chars from you. Tons of levelers at the moment and a perfect chance to relive you best memories.

Hope to see you in game!

4 Likes

why do you work as a customer support person without actually getting paid for it? worse than slavery, at least they got free food and a place to sleep in return for the work they did.

1 Like

Many of us have the same problem.

1 Like

I’m not gonna create a new character and obtain all that stuff again, let alone rank again.

1 Like

Then maybe you should have logged on at least once in the whole time of TBC.

2 Likes

I understand man, was tryna be positive. By the looks of it, they are not gonna bring the cloning service back, unfortunately.

If you reconsider, you will be welcome to join us.

1 Like

I’m not asking for “cloning” service, I don’t want to duplicate my character. I just want them to stay on the server and expansion they were left at

2 Likes

But this is what they did: your characters are exactly where you left them.

When TBC was launched, Blizzard created new Classic servers, and people who chose classic was moved there. Rest remained on the original - now TBC - servers, which eventual became WotLK.

1 Like

Enjoy ulduar gdkp

2 Likes

There was no cloning for tbc

1 Like