Cloud Gaming for WoW

Hello

For the upcoming expension “Shadowlands” i need a new PC.
But its more and more common that cloud gaming platform(s) like “Nvidia GeForce Now” or “Shadow” is used instead of buying a new PC.
Is there a recommendation from blizzard ? Is there a “Gaming as a Service” Provider that offers World of Warcraft ? Otherwise can i use a “Desktop as a Service” Provider? Or is everything against the terms of licence?

1 Like

No form of “cloud gaming” is allowed by Blizzard at the presiding time. You can review the legal info at your leisure here: https://www.blizzard.com/en-gb/legal/

Nothing official here, but considering Activision Blizzard and Google have entered a multi-year relationship I wouldn’t be surprised if it’ll eventually be on Stadia.

1 Like

It’s specifically against the rules.

https://www.blizzard.com/en-gb/legal/08b946df-660a-40e4-a072-1fbde65173b1/blizzard-end-user-license-agreement

License Limitations . Blizzard may suspend or terminate your license to use the Platform, or parts, components and/or single features thereof, if you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:

Cloud Computing : Use the Platform, including a Game, in connection with any unauthorized third-party “cloud computing” services, “cloud gaming” services, or any software or service designed to enable the unauthorized streaming or transmission of Game content from a third-party server to any device.

i dont know why blizzard is doing this. Im in the same boat as the OP, i have a poor laptop and im not gonna upgrade on the hardware side, it means blizzard will lose my money. If they allowed cloud gaming, they would get my money. feels like they are too greedy and sleeping on cloud gaming market

2 Likes

I think it’s banned as a company used to do it but didn’t get Blizzards permission first.

1 Like

well i think you are talking about geforce now, and it doesnt make much sense because geforce now was in beta since 2015 and WoW was available during the beta. However the moment GFN came out of the beta and got monetized, blizzard removed all the games from it.

WoW was available during the beta… WITHOUT Blizzards permission. Why do you think it disappeared, and those rules got added to the EULA. (speculation as blizzard never disclose information like this)

1 Like