[Conflict RP] Theatres of War - Boiling Water 🍄

Suddenly, the slick depths of the Steamvaults came alive - the grinding of machinery and the hissing of steam sending ripples throughout the Serpent Lake.

In the darkness, there was a green glow.

The naga slithered through the marsh, clutching his trident loosely. They had suffered setback after setback - their hour of ascension and the final defeat of the land-dwelling vermin had been thwarted and their dark master seemed to have turned his gaze away from them - and then gone silent entirely. Their Queen - their true purpose for living - had gone missing. They knew she lived on, for she was divinity - it was an impossible though, to think that Azshara herself had been defeated, let alone killed. Left alone, the naga remnant did the only thing they knew - they began to plot.

It was easy to convince them. Mekkatorque had won victory after victory - first in the name of the Alliance in Zandalar and then in the name of the gnomish race proper in Mechagon. The leper gnome cause was in tatters - sector by sector, corrdior by corridor, Gnomeregan was falling to the usurpers. Any excuse to inflict vicious retribution on Azeroth was good enough for the leper gnomes - and the few surviving students of Mekgineer Steamrigger’s forbidden experiments - and the terrible disease he crafted there in the Steamvaults - were frothing at the mouth to get started.

As the twisted lepers set to work, so too did the naga. The tidestone was lost, taken from them by the land-dwellers, but it was not the only relic of the first temple that they had stolen away. The brazier still held that ancient. divine power - that of Mother Moon. It only needed to be bent to the will of their first daughter. A drop of stolen power was all they needed to invoke Azshara’s wrath and make one of their own her avatar - and boil the waters of Zangarmarsh with Her Radiance.

Hello gamers, it’s me once again

I am going to be running a small campaign around Zangermarsh next week literally based around one line of quest dialogue I thought was cool*

This will be a mix of DM’d encounters / player conflict via emotes and it will be kicking off starting on the 29th of this month

The signup roster for this event is very nearly full - purely because the PCU represents like 120 - 150 players alone during RP hours - but I’d like to offer the chance for some unaffliated but still extremely cool guilds to jump in - a maximum of one or two on both sides. Individuals are also welcome if they’re in good standing with our community / will RP the conflicts tastefully. As mentioned there now this will be done via emotes rather than PVP - to see if the way system we’ve been using internally could work for more open-style events so make sure you have your language pots

If you’re interested in coming along, feel free to post your interest here and I will let you know the details if you get in

OK … sweet … see you there … haha just kidding … unless :flushed:?

*https://wow.gamepedia.com/Containment_is_Key

66 Likes

can’t wait for this one, mate.

10 Likes

gonna be epic and based, but dare I ask…

based on what??

15 Likes

Based on Stan Marsh of course you silly elf.

1 Like

hope we meet shrek there ! he will be like
" get out of my swamp! "
haha guys

10 Likes

What quest will he do next ?

6 Likes

they dont call it Zangar MARSH for no reason

bet it smells like onions!!!

8 Likes

Too many marshes. Also Perroy quit stealing my mog
8 Likes

Can’t wait…!

6 Likes

Will ol’ Steamrigger be making a comeback?

Regardless, can’t wait for this one xx

3 Likes

This is going to be an amazing campaign!
I can already feel it!

1 Like

They could not live with their own failure

2 Likes

Listen kid i dont have much time
it’s

Based on: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Containment_is_Key
Based in: Zangarmarsh, Outland
Based: Based

8 Likes

Emote fights with people who will actually get as beaten up as I’ll allow my characters to be! Nice.

7 Likes

Holy, based? Is this the based department?

6 Likes

Are we cool enough to sign up? If so, the EO might be interested in going to Outland to kick some Nagas… tail.

6 Likes

yo??? new campaign for the boys???

1 Like

Love to attend as just an individual if there is room.

I’m v cool and can emote fight for days, big truths.

8 Likes

Razor Hill Gamers would love to attend!

8 Likes

Love the concept, glad someone remembered the leper gnomes in Zangarmarsh. If there’s still a few spaces going around, I’d be happy to bring Arclight down - numbers are pretty small, so wouldn’t expect much more than 4-6 folks from us.

11 Likes