Conquest gear rip off

Conquest gear ilvl should have started at least at ilvl 210. It is very offputting to have a 197 ilvl honor item being improved by a measly 3 ilvls to 200 ilvl conquest gear!?

4 Likes

Yes, it is very strange. It is because M+ necessitates 1 000 000 different ilvl tiers. If we deleted M+ and banned all the players who play it we could have gear tiers that made sense again.

You should get the anime gear from your covenant vendor and not bother spending honour for honour gear, just get anime gear then conquest gear and during this time you will save up some honour for conquest upgrades. Only honour item you need is trinket trinket and battlemaster trinket.

1 Like

That’s what I did. Only got the trinkets and now farming the dreaded conquest grind.

Well~ the reason for the ilvl starting on 200 with the honor lvls being what they are, is because of the timegating. They intentionally placed honor upgrades behind several timegates in the renown levels, so at the start of the season, a 200 item wasn’t an upgrade for just a 197 item.

But yes, all of this timegating and ilvl upgrades are designed to mirror PvE as much as they could.

Which will still be a thing next season, except it won’t bother mythic raiding as much as it did this season. It’ll still overlap with heroic though, and everything prior to that. All because of the barebones ilvl scaling. They only fixed it for the mythic raiders with this change in 9.1, not for anyone else.

1 Like

Honestly the amount of upgrade tiers pvp is crazy. Idk what remedial at blizzard cooked up this stupid system

1 Like

Agreed 100%. Takes ages to grind for full 197, and to get +3 for next upgrade using conq is a bit of a kick in the face.

1 Like

don’t you think it would be great if they would increase the honor required for ilvl 197 gear and conquest gear is only 1 set at ilvl 200?
obviously would need to scale down all pve gear to 180 then =)

I would think that would be great
so between bg heroes and rated max gear would be 3 ilvl difference, and I think conquest has slightly more vers ratio

It looks like in this expansion they want to give player power rewards only to those who do max level group content successfully and improve progressively and dont start playing mid season. In other words Blizzard is abandoning solo crowd. With current systems you will never catch up the high end. Not until next expansion.

Nah, it wasn’t a coincidence that you can do layer 8 in choreghast with pvp gear, you know? So any ilvl changes to the conquest gear needs to take that into account.

WoD ilvl scaling (proper ilvl scaling just like back then), where snoreghast would trigger that ilvl scaling on the items as well as the PvP content, would be a way to solve it. Or just let PvPers get a way to farm soul ash through PvP.

The current way it’s designed is just bribing people into content they don’t want to do so they can access content they want to do. It’s just not as RNG as it was in BFA.

you can easily do l8 with ilvl 180 anyways. Also ilvl 200 wouldn’t scale down in pve then, so that is more than enough to do snoreghast

Agreed, the time it takes to upgrade is relatively long time. But the grind for the conq items is so stupid… 25 conquest per win!? Wtf… Hurts when I have three alts to gear

1 Like

That is why I can’t be bothered. Playing other games. Clearly, this expansion is not for me.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.