[Solved] Constant crashing after windows update to 1903

i.imgur .com/hy1P9FC.png
This is the message I get.

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception!

Program: D:\World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe
ProcessID: 10028
Exception ACCESS_VIOLATION

The instruction at “0x0007ff76d816222:” referenced memory at “0xffffffffffffff”.
The memory could not be “read”

I’ve tried the following:
Repairing wow
Reïnstalling wow
Installing multiple older drivers for my graphics card

I’m out of idea’s and getting quite frustrated. I hope you guys have a solution

I get the same crash in wow classic but a lot less often. And I noticed I get most when there’s heavy graphics on screen

AMD 2700x
16g ram
1070Ti

[Solution]
I had installed the lates Bios Update for my motherboard and apparently it’s not really well optimized. So I downgraded it and now everything seems to work fine again.

2 Likes

Good morning Akunda,

Did you try the additional steps here?

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Tried all but one, as I’m not going to to defrag an SSD.
I’m pretty sure it’s a graphics card driver problem in combination with 1903 and wow. Wow ran perfectly fine on 1809. Installing older gfx drivers also makes the game crash.

Other games like pubg, civ etc run fine.

1 Like

I am experiencing the exact same problem. Already have a ticket open. But what makes it extra weird to me is that retail runs fine on the same system while classic keeps delivering the same error message :frowning:

1 Like

Hi I am also getting this error #132 on a new PC

So far I have tried 3 sets of drivers, uninstalled and re installed wow twice.

CPU 3700X
GPU 5700
16GB ram

ANy ideas?

1 Like

I personaly tried them and judging by the clicks (11 atm) there are more of us experiencing the same problem. Now i know 11 people is not going to keep anyone at Blizz HQ from sleeping at night, but please tell us that at least someone on the classic team is looking into the issue. On a personal level me and the misses want to play together at launch and preferabaly not have to buy an entire new system to able to do so :wink:

Kind regards

Good morning Gnomorea,

I wouldn’t be able to tell you what the classic team is working on at the moment in detail because I am not much involved with them at the moment since classic is still officialy in beta status. So a few things might still be changed and looked into. That is why a last closed beta was opened to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible on launch day.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Hello there! yesterday i tryed to get in and lock some names for Classic and i ran in the same problem! i really dont know what to do, my Retail WOW works fine and got no problem there…

i hope this will be worked out fast. - if so, could an update on the problem be shown here ?

best regards,