Controversial Discussion: Goldshire's Decadence

Greetings there fellow RPers. I hope you all have a fine day so far and y’all chilling.
Today, I woke up with a certain thought in mind. Goldshire. Most of us, if not all of us, know what Goldshire is. Public ERP (Erotic RolePlay, for those that don’t know what it is) happens sometimes there. TRP (Total Roleplay, an addon for making Roleplay easy) profiles usually contain sexual content, some of the terms that are PUBLICLY given have to do explicitly with sexual intercourses, in an MMO via monthly subscription game that has an age rating of 12!

If we take into account that any person over the age of 12 can play World of Warcraft, create a character at Argent Dawn for Alliance side, then he/she eventually ends up in that place where public ERP runs free. Don’t even get me started that the age rating isn’t always taken into account and even individuals below the age of 12 could play World of Warcraft. So there is a high risk of pedophilia for the time been in Goldshire and probably most of us won’t even know it.

And I ask myself, for I am relatively new here. Does Blizzard act for this kind of situation?

1 Like

EDIT: This meme can never die. Never. Don’t take it away from me.

37 Likes

Time and time again unfortunately…

Basically Goldshire is serving as a containment, to keep all the stuff there contained and focused in one place, rather than it being spread everywhere.

Still it is a shame, though. I like Goldshire as in the lore location, and would’ve liked to RP in there if it wasn’t the mess it is now. Although it’s better to contained rather than spread everywhere we go.

Thankfully RP can be done in warmode, though.

13 Likes

Join the crusade against erp, be it in goldshire or elsewhere.

Community itself can weed out alot of them to start with. Shunning them has worked wonders, and yes you have every right to ruin “their fun” as it’s not authorised by blizzard.

They’ll make up excuses but you cannot verify someone’s age online anyways, I recall lying about mine when i was younger. Who wants to say they are 12 in a community full of adults? I hate the victim blaming in this community, be it with this or nudes floating around.

9 Likes

Public ERP is very dangerous in general, I wonder if there were any legal issues so far with this, someone could possible fall a victim. Problem is that Blizzard should prevent and not punish. Prevention is what matters after all but if you are to punish public ERP-ers then the damage has already be done.

But as Kump said, one side of the story is that it acts as containment, but I am sure that Goldshirers try constantly to make an opening at Stormwind so they can have their “fun”. WM is a solution but the problem still exists. WM just hides it under the blanket.

1 Like

Yup, have you met the Guild ‘‘Goldshire Lux’’?

1 Like

Heard of them and Lilynore? There was a “wedding” too at the Cathedral last week. Quite a sh*tshow.

1 Like

There must always be a Lich Ki… an Itch Inn?

Yeah, I read the thread, and I didn’t like ‘‘her’’ prior to that either.

Public or private what is the difference? It’s just as dangerous for minors.

It leads to the same result, noncery. And let’s not forget how many times the erpers try to go further ooc. It’s just cyber sex and I’ve yet to meet a minor on this realm/who was a minor on this realm who didn’t get advances/pressured into this pedo’s hobby.

She goes around recruiting literally anyone and giving out gold I think, so someone could easily join for gold and possible some new Roleplayers fell in that trap already and they think that ERP is normal RP. It is a shame a really.

1 Like

Aye, and the :crab:s about Always checking if they’re 18, cuz lying on the internet ain’t a thing at all!

Definitely. They live to harass you OOCly over Discord. I remember some threads here about Goldshire, but nothing really changes. Well, until Blizzard gets accussed of allowing pedophilians and blackmailers to use ERP to lure away minors.

Just enforce a no erp rule in your guilds and don’t join guilds who don’t enforce that rule if you truely care !

If erp wasn’t accepted in any guild, we’d see much less of it.

6 Likes

I rather not Blizzard do a Tumblr.

And honestly, if you ever encounter a ERP TRP account, you can report those to Blizzard, who hopefully will act on it in a timely, acceptable manner (banhammer).

Yup, adding to that, screenshot it and send it to them as well with their real character name with it.

1 Like

Were you also upset when hand of Zul banned slaves?

1 Like

Very.

But seriously, not really.

Blizzard do not care about it, as much as they should. It doesn’t matter how much we complain about it, Actually for once I am kind of lost for words. It Doesn’t matter. They should. They should do something about it, but most of these are off realm accounts or trial realm accounts, what are they going to do, that becomes meaningless the day after?

1 Like