Convenant Choice

Hey guys what convenant should i go for next patch and let’s say im gonna play all specs

1 Like

Be a hard recommendation there in all honesty.

Enhancement want venthyr. But it’s due to enhancements maelstrom mechanic it’s so good. But no use to a ele who don’t share that mechanic.

Elemental want necrolord, but is utterly useless to enhancement.

Alot of my shaman friends have 2 shamans

1 enhancement as venthyr
1 for ele/resto as necrolord.

For a equal across the board I’d pressume you’d just take the DPS hit in ele and go venthyr.

This has sadly been my offput to play the class even tho I enjoy shaman alot, it’s irritation to know effectively whenever the meta changes your basically swapping covenant to maximise it

Where most classes have one ideal covenant across the board.

To be fair , in single target situation necrolord will be ALOT more viable for enh post-9.0.5 with the buff of stormkeeper and primordial wave (may even be go to in pvp to pretty much oneshot people with lightning bolts (i can’t wait to be disappointed by the damage but oh well)

I have 3 chamans right now , only the kyrian is missing but i’m leveling him up and at the moment i’d say necrolord would be the most versatile of the pack , venthyr is very limited , fae is for pve , i can’t really see it work in pvp due to the canalisation of a nature spell (But the transfusion deals ALOT of damage as an enh chaman with some mastery to back it up can’t wait to see what kind of damage it will do post buff)

venthyr is very boring (only my opinion)

And kyrian could be fun but can’t say before i tested it myself. But in any case i can only see it being good for ele shamans at the moments (but i could be wrong)

Venthyr hands down IMHO.

As restoration it gives you a super chain heal with realtively low cd and good damage. Perfect to save people when something bad is going to happen.

It works wonders with Enhancement and Elemental too :stuck_out_tongue:

Not to mention the teleport, I have dodged so many things and problems with that. I don’t know what I’ll do when we switch to the next expansion :rofl:

while i agree… the now lava burst nerfs to elemental, May actually mean Necrolord wont be BiS for Elemental anymore so we may see a reversal there, which is going to be weird as that may also affect our legendary choice and i have no idea what we’ll realistically move to? considering Elemental doesnt have the best legendaries…

also Stormkeepers being changed to only affect chain lightning as far as i understand, so that combo wont work.

I started night fae and will remain so. They get a change, which is a welcome one.

I don get comments sometimes with higher keys, about my choice of covenant, but cba to care. I already pick a lot of almost fixed choices, but I still have my own input.

The blue fox has also saved my life more than once, it’s really really handy having a “blink”.

It’s also not my playstyle, build based on riptide. I’m sure t’s amazing, but it’s not fur for me. Hence my legendary choice, which I really like and don’t regret for a moment. Last night did my “final” timed 15 with it, works amazing.

I also use deluge a lot, depending on the affixes. Let’s just say I choose what fits my preferred way of playing. I always listen to advise, but never listen to “you need to play this otherwise you’re stupid” comments :smiley:

ah interesting i will see that on wednesday as soon as i can (i have a shaman in each covenant for testing purposes :p)
Hum i don’t know if the nerf to lavaburst will be enough to put necrolord behind , i mean we all (i think) play with master of elements and what does multiple flameshock does? more master of element procs :smiley:
I find the storm elemental very underwhelming and focusing mainly on single target builds , magma totem doesn’t interest me that much xD
BUT the good thing is that maybe other covenant will be an option now , the only thing i regret about others convenant from the elemental point of view is the lack of “interactivity” with the spec . I mean coommooon why is necrolords the only one that brings a better gameplay upgrade :smiley:

I tried to play fae elemental and , personnally i think it sucks compare to necrolords gameplay , these two flameshock gets addicting :smiley: But i love fae enhancement for the same thing i love necrolords elemental : Spec / Covenant interaction : Fae transfusion deals nature damage , niya burrs and poison deals nature damage aswell and niya gives alot of mastery making fae transfusion burrs AND ascendance hits like trucks (that why i’m playing with this legendary too :D)

We won’t after this patch alot are looking at storm ele builds. Which means u can’t have master of nature.

Someone was saying apprantly it’s beast.

However you are correct, as if we start using storm ele builds we will need the legendary. Which is based around flame shock reducing the CD on It.

Thus we will want 2x flame shocks… likely even more.

1 Like

I mean , i will be happy to see it but it’s a shame only Necro have interaction with the spec when others just add a new ability to throw in the mix (looking at venthyr : really wish chain harvest did a little bit less damage , but a little bit more for each spec like dropping Flameshock (or has a chance to put flameshock on target hit (like 50% or something like that) (i mean 5 flameshock on a 1m30 cooldown before reduction it’s not that broken if chain harvest didn’t hit like a truck)) (vesper totem could also spread flameshock on one additionnal target on each pulse maybe ?) (And for resto it puts riptide instead of flameshock idk)
Fae transfusion i can’t find a way to make it work with elemental (and when i mean WITH i mean mainly synergize into the spec not just add a flat heal and flat damage boosts) like it does with enhance (nature damage boosted by mastery :D)

The thing is Flameshock is a core ability in elemental , and when the times comes will be aswell in enhancement (fire nova says Hi :D) so i’d like to see it more and covenant abilities now that they putted it in one of them :smiley:

I haven’t played enhancement in SL but played quite a bit Ele & Resto. I started as Venthyr, went Necro and then changed Kyrian.

If I had to rank those for resto, I’d say it’s Necro>Kyrian>Venthyr. For Ele it’s probably Necro>Venthyr>Kyrian. The 25% buff to Vesper Totem vs the 15% buff to Chain Harvest might ultimatively put Kyrian ahead of Venthyr. The problem with Chain Harvest for resto is that it does lots of healing every 90 seconds. You need everyone to be low to get much healing out of it. Vesper Totem’s healing can be spread out over a few seconds. On the other hand, Venthyr has a lot better soulbinds.

If you really want to play all 3 specs it might be worth it to just go Kyrian. If you prefer dpsing only, go Venthyr. If you want to play ele/resto, Necro should be the best. If you wanna play resto/enh you probably should go venthyr. Please keep in mind that I haven’t tried out enhancement, thus that part is only a guess.

My best advice is to just try it out. You get the 2 abilities right a way and changing from there is just a few clicks. If you listen to people now, you might grind out a covenant that’s not fun to you nor the best for the spec you play the most. Refarming 30-40 Renown isn’t fun. Trust me, I’ve done it twice now. :upside_down_face:

I love necro, fleshcraft is nice for a squishy class and prim wave combos are fun. I rolled shaman for ele though so yeah… Tough choice if you wanna play all specs.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.