Convenant System

Do you like the system from the lore perspective? We are free to choose whichever we want which is good for the role playing part of the game but there will be optimal choices for all specs and classes. So we will have Void Elf Warlock who will side with the light guys, Maybe Dreanei Shamans working with the Vampires. Do you think it will make sense when we dive in to the story to be able to pick the optimal choice for our dps?

Sure, but can they even really be determined? It’s not just one combat skill we get from the covenant, it’s also quite different soulbinds aka skill trees that are accessible to us through them, and possibly more. It’ll certainly not be easy to create an accurate theorycrafting model that takes all variables into account and comes up with an answer that will be optimal for all situations, if any… Especially if allof this also has quite different synnergies with your talent choices.

If Blizz doesn’t mess this up, it shouldn’t be something where a guide can just tell you what to do without loads of caveats. And while some people will still try to follow theorycrafting dogma, of course, even if the determined advantage is within error range of the model, I really don’t think the majority will.

In theory? I do think there could be some narrative for about everyone, if you really want to push it. Why couldn’t the draenei shaman sympathise with the intention of punishing -and redeeming - sinners, like the vampires do? And why couldn’t there be a Void Elf warlock that only clings to sanity by convincing himself that the corruption he faces is a burden he took upon himself to serve others, like the Kyrians do? And while their aesthetic is pretty strong on Light, I don’t think their magic necessarily is.

I certainly wouldn’t say that those are standard cases… but none of the covenants seem that black and white that there isn’t room for different rationales for working with them. If a paladin chooses to work with the Necrolords, because they are the defenders of the realm that isn’t really much different from the Ashen Verdict uniting Argent Crusade and Ebon Blade against a commin foe.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.