“CoS gear becoming prominent in arena isn’t a red flag to us.”

What? He means that so few people are playing that 2.4 was just 500 players. Even now 2.4 is 1700 players. Many of those playing are just Zug Zuging while their cos items heal them it’s a joke

I hate argument of spells or mechanics being not necessary because small % of top players only use it. That’s exactly what makes them that small % of the best players. Learning curve is necessary because it makes people stick to their character and to the game. Right now you can have 11 alts and play them at decent level. It wasn’t possible back then because there was always something you could do to improve. Enhancement Shamans and Ret Palas had even shield macros to lower Rogue’s opener damage. There were small things that mattered but thanks to “it’s not important only top players does it” learning curve is so small that most of the classes are just not appealing to players. The best part is that these casuals that struggled with easiest content still struggle because no matter how easy will your game be they will still be bad.

5 Likes

why you all feed this jito forum vampire with your replies???

6 Likes

Yes, just ignore the essence of my post why this saison is dead and how blizzard think about it. You don’t understand the ladder at all but dont worry, it doesn’t affect my experice at all if there were days with 10 min queue on low mmr, no, dont worry.

I can quite understand that if you look from this point of view that it’s okay to have PvE Gear in PvP. Hence the comparisons to older expansions.

But why the hell would they just make PvE gear matter again in PvP, when they just found the best system to satisfy the most part of PvP Players in MoP/WoD?

There was literally no reason to make PvE gear matter again in BFA and even Legion and outright removing the Vendors for it.

Adding then RNG for PvP gearing on top of that is basically just speaking thousands of words for ignorance and carelessness for PvP Players.

9 Likes

I think it was simply just embarrassing to have games lead to 70% dampening. Boring and embarrassing. Can’t have that when it comes to the promotion of the game, which these tournaments in the end are.

Why it’s allowed on live… dunno, too much work/money to start doing much about pvp?
In MoP and WoD they used to continuously nerf trinkets and whatnot to make sure they didn’t become a factor. Now…? A buff to sub rogues. Some changes to maledict. That’s it for how many months now?

3 Likes

I watched that Ion’s video and I feel insulted with what he said. He ruined this game no doubt. I hate this guy. I hope he will fail and step down to other position as he failed miserably as the game director. I’m disgusted after what he says.

7 Likes

Right above.

You said you want the game to be the best and most enjoyable it can be but here you are saying the very thing you defend is detrimental to the gameplay of this game => it is detrimental to this game.

If you want the game to be the best it could be how can you want something detrimental for it? Try arguing that credibly.

Because what makes the game fun and enjoyable is different for everyone of us?

Some people think that having lots of buttons to press is really fun.
I don’t.
Some people think removing gear and focusing the gameplay around the players’ strategy and execution is fun.
I don’t.
Some people think that it’s most fun if Arena maps only have pillars and look like Nagrand Arena.
I don’t.

We all argue and present our ideas and suggestions with our own fun in mind. I say what I think is best for the game for me. I’m not here to argue your case or your fun - you do that. I say what I think is best for the game the way I see it - and that may not necessarily be similar to the way you percieve the game.

And some ideas are just plain moronic.

Ion and his team are the worst that ever happened to WOW and generally PVP.

11 Likes

PvE gear ist the reason why the amount of players who actively play pvp is declining. A declining number of pvp players means a declining number of viewers for those “eSport” events (lol) and ultimately a declining number of actual participants of those events.

But hey, why look at things in the long-run when you can make money NOW? :man_shrugging:

(and no, i am not blaming Blizzard that they just want to make money. They are a company and it’s their main goal. I just think that those short term solutions are the wrong way to approach this).

They don’t care about long term, because WoW is a dying project, they just care about milking it as much as possible with least investment and caring.

4 Likes

Jito the white knight. Something never change. They disable these pve items because they know tournament will be huuge clown fiesta with them. Like tournament with tanking trinkets lol

8 Likes

No, again.

You admitted yourself that it is detrimental to the game. And yet you (like everybody here) obviously wants the game to be the best it could be. Everybody has a different view on that, not the point.

You said that pve gear is detrimental for the game. Thats your own words, quote on quote. Yet you support it.

So i ask you again how can you seriously claim you want the game to be as good as it could be when you actively want to promote things in this game that you admit are detrimental to it.

Haven‘t heard of you for a while. There you are again, talking even more sh.t than before. Great player, great exp, great mvp.

Get out of this Forum again, go back to pve forum.

6 Likes

Pve gear was what made this game great having that legendary and killing Pepe with it what’s the point in spending months farming that awesome gear if you can’t do anything with it?

I’m tired of explaining the same topic over and over, pve gear isn’t what has broken this game all the self healing and the classes being generally unkillable to begin with are what’s broken this game.

Nothing dies dampening should not be a deciding factor i should be able to kill somthing without damp and because I can’t these tank items just make it even harder.

The game needs more sustained damage and less burst so people don’t get one shot remove alot of the self sustain classes have so we can actually kill others without dampening and the game would be alot more enjoyable.

Yeah, sure. As a PvP only player back then I really enjoyed getting raped by double legendary TSG with DBW Heroic or some sh*tty RLS in Cata that just fcked me up in the first cheap shot.

10/10 fun would recommend, great game design

3 Likes

lol, i always knew that you have no knowledge in terms of pvp and stuff but how can you be that delusional?
There is almost no good pvp player who enjoys this meta, everyone I know hates stopped playing this season, last time i qued ( 5 weeks ago) it took me 2 minutes in que at 1900 rating? i didnt had that long ques at 2700 mmr 4 o clock in the night in BFA S1…
Just look at the pvp stream viewer count or the arena tournament viewer count. They fu cked up the game and just dont care anymore.
I promised myself not to answer you anymore because you have either no knowledge of the game or you are just a big troll i dont know. Wont argue on with you on pvp related topics anymore cba

2 Likes

i dont think ion failed that much. maybe i am biased because i play enhance but bfa s1 was fun lol. everything started to get worse with lock buffs and pve items