CoS items - harming effects

Why even to bother progress CoS, all I can find there… are 2 items from second boss… both of items doing damage - to my character. All classes find superitems with superboost and I find stupid burden useless item, like the stupid burning talent, says much about this “warlock” class - penalisations, nerfes, breaking fantasy, but nothing in exchange

ah it’s just the 2nd highest simming trinket in the game :upside_down_face:

Not sure what sims you’ve been looking at, but Harbinger’s Inscrutable Will is only the best for Affliction. For the other specs it sims pretty meh, although the increased ilvl can carry it.

Frankly, it should be the highest simming trinket for any caster, considering the crap you have to put up with using it. Getting randomly silenced can cause some major frustrations because sometimes you just can’t avoid it.

And all that isn’t even taking into account the DPS lost while being forced to move.

Can loot only 2 items.

• trinekt - if I stay at place, it keep silencing me
  • legs - if I dont stay on place, it keep dmging me for 60 k
    garbage items - I simply refuse this stupid raid

sounds like a learn to play issue to me :slight_smile: Besides, you can switch out items for certain bosses.

For example I don’t use my sliver trinket on stacked fights since it’s useless then.

Simply not true.

I think more items should be like this, it’s interesting to have your equipment require playstyle adaptation and not just be stat sticks/have a chance to do damage which you wouldn’t notice if not for DPS meters. The same reason is why I find Sliver to be an interesting trinket, and the same with Whispers from Gul’dan and Resonator from Eonar. Gameplay altering items should be the norm.

Unfortunately, until there are more items like this they will either be “mandatory” because the reward for the risk means they are the best items in the game, or they will be harmful as there will be no reward - so why have the associated risk?

I look in my bags at all my trinkets, and they are either boring passives that I need to pay no attention to, or they are use effects that I just macro “/use 13” to my CD which is equally uninteresting.

More trinkets like Harbinger’s Will please, and more non-trinket items that have an actual effect outside of being stat sticks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.