Cosmetic Mount upgrades

Ok so, now that we’re getting world buff changes to WoW Classic … and that issue is getting resolved.

I feel we need to do something about the players who have hit gold cap and sitting with hundreds of thousands of gold…

One idea I had for this is that, we create VERY SLIGHT cosmetic upgrades to existing mounts ( e.g. Fire horns on the kodo or Icy glow effect to your wolf)

with each upgrade costing a rediculous amounts of like 150k gold from a shady black market vendor or something.

This gives people something to dumb their gold in and keeps the economy stable
Rather then paying 21g for a mongoose, due to all the gold buyers and inflation.

What do you guys think??

Shiky - Razorgore EU

I know this is not related, at least not directly with your proposal, but you made me think about something.

Now, in retail, that mounts are just cosmetic because mount speed is no longer tied to them, what if we had different armors (and other sorts of cosmetics) for each type of mount, that we could equip/change?

I mean, it would give more mount diversity without really having to do a new mount.
You want a wolf with Horde/Orc armor (like the current ones), there you go, you want a wolf with a Darkspear look, with feathers and some wooden plates, etc, you can have it. A Silvermoon wolf? Sure, throw some gold and red on it. An so on, and so forth.

1 Like

Yeah exactly, this is what I thought, but It’s more related to a gold dump, I’m not a big fan of caring about mounts and collecting them, but I do think the economy in current classic wow is a bit busted, and wont get better unless players have a gold dump, because people are just too good at farming gold at the momen & boosting / gold buying is a huge issue.

1 Like

Wider cosmetic library, availability and looser transmog restrictions are all part of a potential visual market WoW could really use to provide content beyond having a numerical value in something such as class buffs, bugs and ignored flaws of which many Blizzard has ignored as it is.

Not to be the party pooper however because I love cosmetics and visuals, and I will take the fact that players of all kinds will do everything in their power to get something if they like the look of it to the end. But they have not been really innovative, brave or rather extensive enough to do this in the first place.

Whilst customizable barding and mount armour is a heckin’ great idea to tap a new way of in-game gold investment, it just feels that it will unfortunately fall in the same regard they gave the potential of other cosmetics and non-numerical activities such as proper housing, looser transmogs and generally bigger appearances.

Which is very little, if not, none.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.