Could rogues get ONE (1) weakness?

Why are rogues still allowed to be completely OP with their speed, stuns, stealth and stabbing? Couldn’t they have at least ONE weakness?

Level 52 rogue can keep me from healing, I try to run away, it can keep up and doesn’t even bother to stealth. Then it keeps ganking me, I use EVERY single CC I have, but nothing works! It’s immune to quaking palm and leg sweep somehow!

I tried to use ‘ring of peace’ to stop druid and that rogue from ganking me, so I could HEAL, but the rogue can easily stun me for 7 seconds even though I am inside ‘ring of peace’.

That stun/sap range is ANOTHER really OP thing they have - why can’t it be so that rogue has to be REALLY close to do anything to you? That would make AoE ACTUALLY useful!

But now AoE is a joke against rogues that can sap, stun and who knows what you from 100 km away and then blink instantly to you from that 100 km away, no matter how fast you are.

Monk mobility is a bad joke against rogue speed.

Why does blizz let rogues remain this psycho griefer class that pretty much no one can do anything against?

If there was a rogue counter class, I would play that class and only that class, and never anything else. That’s how annoyingly ridiculously frustratingly OP those rogues are, and I can’t understand what kind of sense it makes or why it’s allowed.

This rogue kept up with me, as I said, I tried those two CC so I could escape and heal, but no, they had NO EFFECT. I couldn’t use karma for some reason, and then I had 1% HP and died.

I know, you all probably want to say “git gud” or “l2p” right now, but when I can’t use karma, I can’t make anything I do count, I can’t outrun the rogue, it can stealt, stun and sap me from a distance, can’t heal even in ring of peace, WHAT options do I have but just die at this point??

Like, I want to be able to stun the rogue and escape and heal. But that is 100% impossible, because rogues are TOO OP right now.

Couldn’t they have at least ONE proper weakness? couldn’t their OP in stealth, stun, speed, immunity, blinking, and all that, be nerfed to NORMAL level??

Some ideas:

• Remove CC from rogues, if you are gonna allow them to have all the other OP features AND hit so hard you can’t even breathe before you’re dead - I dropped my mouse and by the time I picked it up, rogue had ganked me in stun.

• Modify rogue CC so that damage breaks it. This way they can still be annoying, but they can’t just brutally murder you without you being able to DO something about it (this is the biggest grief about rogues, that they can just ROB you of any action or possibilities, they can just gank you against your consent and will 100% in stun! THIS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED FOR ANYONE)

• Make their CC have only 1 charge and really long cooldown, so they have to really think hard about when to use it

• Make their CC ALWAYS escapable, so at least they can’t GANK YOU mercilessly while you sit in stun helplessly, but you can always DO something!

• Reduce their stuns to normal level

• Reduce their speed to normal level

• Reduce their stealth to normal level

and by ‘normal’, I mean, instead of the current SUPER level, reduce it to ANY OTHER class’s level, please. Except maybe the Paladin that was 2nd top healer and top KBs simultaneously (seriously, level 59 Paladin that has a name that almost spells the word ‘Overpower’ (so they KNOW they’re OP!) that every BG has top healing and top damage, most KBs, etc… how is this allowed?

The SAME player should never have both ‘top damage’ AND ‘top healing’, but there you go, apparently rules do not apply to Paladins.

HOW did they mess up BGs and any kind of semblance of balance this badly? Rogues and Paladins roam so freely in these BGs, ganking anything that’s not 100% super sharp with all cooldowns intact with 10 friends around to help. You’re alone and rogue saps you, I don’t care what class you are, you’re dead, unless you can bubble or stealth for long enough to reach your own team…

… which, as in my case, will probably just run around like clueless robots and not help you at all and the rogue will still gank you anyway. Maybe a DK or Paladin can do something, or maybe a warrior can ‘leap’ away, but play anything like a monk, and you’re like “poor man’s version of rogue without the CC or stealth”, it can counter and outdo everything and anything you can do.

I wish they would beef up other classes’ ability to ESCAPE the darn rogues, so it wouldn’t be 99.999% sure you die in stun every time a rogue so much as looks at you.

Sigh. I am so tired of this, the feeling when you just do everything you can to try to escape and STILL get ganked in stun is just enough to sink your hope for all humanity and make you depressed for life.

I solemnly pray and wish that every single dev that had anything to do with either creation of rogue class, designing of it, or making it so OP that monks have no chance to survive or escape, would face their karma and have to be ganked every day by rogues while they try to escape (and fail), for the rest of their lives. I wish that even if they escape to the other life beyond this one, their karma will bring purgatory in the form of rogues to them, that keep ganking them and ganking them in stun and bringing the same exact feeling we all have to endure every time we have gotten ganked a thousand and then another thousand times in these badly designed, imbalanced BGs until they truly and really KNOW what they created and what it feels like to be ganked by them in stun.

If this doesn’t happen, there is no justice in the Universe or the whole existence whatsoever, and then I don’t even care what happens, if I have to live in such a place.

8 Likes

I don’t know, when I face a rogue in a BG, 99% of the cases they’re dead. It’s probably my favorite class to play against. When I get sapped it makes me happy in anticipation.

Oh it’s you again. You do know writing this on your warlock once a month is enough for everyone?

Changing class and writing the same doesn’t make it more punctuated. We get it. You get killed by rogues and you hate it.

Caught in a stun a WW will 100-0 a rogue with CDs. Likewise - vice versa.

I’m actually not sure if your constant posts are trolling or not. So I won’t offer more.

Inb4:
Yeah but pala
Yeah but warrior
Yeah but mage
Yeah but priest
Yeah but hunter
Yeah but monk
Yeah but demon hunter
Yeah but death knight
Yeah but warlock
Yeah but druid
Yeah but shaman

© Blizzard and beloved players protecting their poor rogues

Strong plate wearers are the rogue counter

Also my guardian druid makes them melt. I love when I am in cat form and rogues think that I am squeeshy… Hahah. Love to see them runnning

Was the rogue behind you?
(I’ve been caught out by that before).

I think Evasion (annoyingly) negates a lot of cc.

Vivify is good if you’re ooc or los, not so useful mid-fight (esp against specs with MS).
RoP is useful for knocking back/kiting etc, but standing in the middle of it won’t save you from anything.

Let me know how you find WW when you ding 60. If you do manage to pop Karma, it’ll likely absorb a solid 10k & you’ll still get 1-shotted through it.
Which is something to look forward to.

1 Like

And it is only the beginning, in 9.1 they are supposed to get a huge MS buff…
It would be healthy for the game if their cc were nerfed:

• sap and blind should be on a same DR

• Evasion is too long in current meta. Whats the point of being nearly immuned 10 sec when it can kill u in 3 sec

• stuns should break on damage, based on % hp. For example 40% hp, idk. Just common sense

2 Likes

I believe OP is trolling but I think your answer deserves a reply.

To put this in perspective, let’s say you have all the correct talents etc for pvp. You would have imprison (an instant cast 5sec CC) on a 45 sec cooldown meaning you could do this 2.66… as many times as a rogue could blind you. A ranged 4 seconds stun and an AoE stun for 2 seconds. (My numbers might be off but something like that)

Sap can only be cast if you are not in combat and blind has a 2 minute cooldown. Whenever a rogue uses blind he trades off a big cooldown. I don’t think putting them on the same DR will improve the game even if it might be less annoying for people facing rogues.

A rogue who uses evasion can still be CCd, if you stand behind him, you will still damage him. I also believe some abilities like shadowstrike hits through even if you do not stand behind him. Compare this to 8 seconds of paladin bubble, or 10 seconds blur with 50% dodge and 20% reduced damage (with half the cooldown of evasion). Every spec has some kind of defensives and if you want to change that you should change every spec. Rogues are squishy when you have forced them to use their cooldowns.

This would change the ENTIRE game and would not only affect rogues. I think that reducing ALL damage and ALL healing would fix the game more. This way you cannot get oneshot in a stun.

Having rogues going around and oneshotting in a stunlock is not healthy for the game and I do not think that’s a good way to play. Instead, maybe reduce the damage during burst and increase offtime damage. For example - sub rogue out of stealth and no dances using backstab to kill your enemies would take about 40 globals (1k damage).

Nice to know OP doesn’t watch the AWC to be complaining about rogue, they’re the least of your problems if you think that rogue is the class in this expansion running rampant.

1 Like

It’s funny how people still cry about Rogues, While druids be jumping around being a better class at your class in everyway there is. They are better tank than any tank class. Better healer than most healers. And they can be rogues, just better Rogues. Even better caster than most casters…

I should reroll a druid come to think of it… Infact we should all re roll druids. They are all of us baked into a superior class. Gods amongst men… All hail our druid overlords!

1 Like

Well. When I play my ret i play with rogues. They are so easy to kill as ret. Try that as a caster cloth. One misstake and you are dead.

1 Like

At least rogue demands skill… Alot of classes don’t even require that.

Looking at you moonchickens -> pushed one button and makes sure doesn’t get interupted

/say my job is done here.

Just by looking at your sentence structure and your arguments it’s safe to assume that you invented that specific fight from scratch just because you don’t know how to play against a rogue and don’t know what classes counter it and why. Hint to what classes hard counter rogues: plate, brown / pink, 2 hander.

Sadly for you, monk is not one of them, so you have to use some braincells to win a duel vs a rogue. Worst part is that it most likely took you more time to invent that story and write that wall of text down than to read the icy veins monk guide to at least know the basics of your spells.

In other words: you’re a crybaby that needs to improve but can’t accept it.

Evasion >>> a saran wrap >>> blur

And yet they are not even top 10 in terms of representation at the leaderboards (dps specs) in 2v2.

Stormbolt >>>>>>>>>>>>> Evasion or blur anyway.

Sub rogues need buff to their damage outside Dance plz blizz fix dat.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.