Could the development team be bigger according to Blizzard's profits?

they bought a whole stuido last year so can they do it again ? yes. they need a reason tho. if wow dies or becomes extremely profitable again then they could decide to invest more. right now it looks stable.

hmm i think DF has Suffered this more then prior and after expansions will do.

Ion said Very early on, that DF isnt ment to be massive, it Wont fix the game and its not the title they’re trying to break records with, when he said 11.0 holds MUCH More for the game.

I think DF is a Filler expansion and a Testing ground to see how much content the playerbase Actually wants for 11.0.

well thats a harder question.

you’d need to find out exactly how much WoW makes. and How much the Current Dev team costs to Support. to find the Profit margin of the game itself to then make such a Decision.

making it on blizzard, is basically including ALL of blizzards games and Activisions which isnt rly a grounds to Increase or Decrease WoWs staff pool.

That seems like a very strange and counter-productive thing for a Game Director to say about his own game.

Where do you have this from?

pretty certain it was during their hype fest for DF with all the interviews,

it was worded differently without such bluntnes sofcourse.

DF Was Described as a Correction of Course for World of Warcraft, and they aknowledge it wont rectify the Damage the prior expansions have caused. however they plan to correct WoWs Direction.

while 11.0 Was said to be the Major moment, Weather thats because they’re going to do something alike overwatch and Move WoW 2 into WoW 1 as a way to Replace its Servers / Hardware or what was not stated however, or they think the game Will be in a Better place to innovate on was Unclear however. Just that 11.0 is ment to be massive.

which isnt so much declaring DF as a Small expansion ofcourse, but it Implies hes aware this expansion wont grab the big Record breaking selling Titles we have seen from prior.

I’m going to be a bit skeptical or assume it’s a lot of personal interpretation.
There’s no way in hell Ion would make any kind of concrete announcement about the scope of 11.0 before official announcements. That’s not Blizzard’s style.

Im afraid, without Rewatching ALOT of Interviews to find the section where he was talking about 10.0s Aims and Future goals i prolly cant provide a Quote for judgement so yeah will have to be left at that haha.

new devs are working already on new wow

wow:immortal

Well no. They were working on a mobile Warcraft MMORPG, but it got canceled last year after the fallout with NetEase.

i low key think wow is getting a rework of ssorts.

Biggest team ever can’t be a purpose in of itself, they have to make something.

I would also speculate the side gig of this biggest team ever is the trading post and increased frequency of balances/patches (example: paladin rework, priest apparently in the works, new pvp talents…)

this is all very hunch and feels based, dont @ me

probably transfering it right now to king games.
doesnt really matter, diablo 4 ahows already they are capable to make a mobile game for pc and consoles alike

No. Canceled means canceled. Activision Blizzard are a publicly traded company. Business lies are a no no.

Diablo IV is not a mobile game, it’s for PC and console. You’re confusing it with Diablo Immortal which is for mobile and PC.

For WoW, not other blizz games?

Stable yes. But again, can they easily do better with their profits. Don’t forget greedy companies can pocket way more than invest back into products, in this case MAU’s is still stable, and that’s all CEO’s need to keep staff overheads low and to cash bonuses, it doesn’t help having brain dead players, not questioning the larger picture.

I’d rather see a lower monthly fee. WoW is falling far behind other games with it

Not actually, the subscription model is back in vogue.

Software as a service model has really taking off. Quite a lot of F2P games now have battle passes, effectively sneaky subs. The Trading Post is battle pass lite.

You rent lots of things today, from your music streaming service to your Office software.

Which is why another monthly fee is an instant turn off for new players. Also the 20 level trial won’t get you hooked

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.