Could you elitists let me play?

After not playing wow for 8 years i came back late this season. I’m not going to extend the discussion about mmr beeing so messed up, neither ilvl gaps beeing ridiculous. Everyone got it, blizzard messed up!
If you guys get frustrated not beeing able to improve your alts, imagine me trying to do something with my main coming this late. And blizzard isnt the only one to blame, i’m blaming you guys! Yes you’re reading right.
So i heard i could gear up doing some RBGs but LFG is packed with “Alt group, 2.0/2.2k XP, /w link or no inv”. Oh guess what? i came too late. As much as i note that i’m a skilled player, healer CCer, and top DPSer nothing works without a “link”.
So out of curiosity i’ve been watching some 2k+ rated rbg matches, and thats when the frustration really struck me HARD. Seeing some clueless people playing at those ratings using PVE rotations ZUGZUGing to do dps, and not CCing and silencing healers, beeing carried by other good players, and knowing that they’re beeing chosen over me because of a “link”? I mean i’m not the best player in the game, dont get me wrong, but this turned out to be a utter joke to me.

1 Like

Solo Queue.

2 Likes

well arena io says your highest was 1,5 in rbg on this lock
so does your paladin
and hunter

sorry mate, but welcome to XXI century, where 3rd party aps tell us who you are

and you are the perfect example of the new wow community. I’ve been playing arenas to farm conquest since ilvl 170+ with the only and single friend i kept from back in the days. Didn’t use LFG for arenas untill now. I didnt realized i could be mocked by doing that, maybe i could have farmed gear first to have a nice W/L to show you guys… How did this community became so toxic?

3 Likes

First of all, i didn’t call you names, i did not say anything about how talented, or gifted you are, or if you lack any, i just pointed out how system works now.
I didn’t mock you in any sentence.

This is how wow works right now, raiderio, arenamasterio, check-pvp, everyone aims for the best possible choice, whether it’s mythic+, raid, arena or rbg.

Don’t shoot the messenger.

1 Like

just try to rank up without any kind of achievement mate, going 1500+ its incredibly easy, After that you’re unable to join good groups because people require the “link”. Only leftovers. I did play my paladin blindfolded without knowing new classes spells and abilitys, and i did learn them while playing rated arenas with 23k hp to farm conquest with a couple of friends, not realizing i could be left behind by people inspecting my W/L ratio. I have the basic notions of multiple keybinds/macros, counters etc. Now imagine someone completely new to the game…

Use Fake Achievment then. Be smarter

1 Like

Unfortunately the lack of attention and affection from daddy blizzard has led the community to become toxic and self-centered.

4 Likes

I’d rather argue that this community became like this with the birth and growth of twitch, combined in pvp especially with the removal of arena teams and hence the removal of the “bonds” you had with your team mates in favor of your own individual rating. Back in the days if your team struggled you all struggled to keep it afloat, now if your rating tanks you can always pretend you helped a friend or got a bad group.

And since how you act in game pretty much mirrors how you act irl, in a way it is a similar situation to our modern societies with twitter and social media in general which led to the rise of a massive bunch of self-centered idiots who believe that only their opinion is valid and that they are the best at anything, giving them the right to scold and flame anyone who “deviates” from their narcissistic standard for an ideal world. They are never at fault and they never do wrong, it’s always someone else preventing them from reaching their goals, right :slight_smile: ?

3 Likes

same like lack of attention from daddy blizzard has led rbg rivals and duelistis to be 1,5k hardstuck in arena where they sit at 40k hp vs ppl who are just starting, same story, toxic ppl

Well nevermind, i just cancelled my subscrition. Had fun for a couple of months but this game it’s not the same as i knew it some years ago, it was an healthy and fun community with blizzard adressing the community’s concerns. Now devs live in theyr own world and the player base turned into toxic tryharders. Keep pushing if you enjoy it guys, i’m done!

1 Like

WoW is no longer the same game as it was 8 years ago. Some aspects have been improved for sure but they do not compensate against the other stuff the game has been ruined by. The game will not be the same ever as most of the developers who cared about it are probably long gone. The remaining staff only care about profit in the most aggressive way. The current CEO is probably the most greedy person in the game industry. I personally have enough and decided to unsubscribe to no longer participate in this. Perhaps it will fit your expectations in the current state, perhaps it will not. I hope for you that you can find enjoyment. Otherwise, I hope you have not bought the full 6 months subscription time in case you get disappointed.

2 Likes

i Just did unsubscribe! This got to the point that some weeks ago in a BG some players started arguing with me and other alts that we shouldnt be doing random BGs before reaching a certain ilvl. We should be playing epic BGs instead not to ruin their game. Maybe you guys got used to this kind of behavior, but for me coming back from the “old wow” it’s really sorrowful

Wait until you get focus step kicked into blind into sap in a RANDOM bg :joy:
You can queue some skirmishes and in a good 80% of the time face 226 mouth breathers.
Or maybe enjoy some yolo 0CR RBGs and face 220 at 1200 mmr?
Maybe you’d love to queue some arenas and get matched against 226 pve heroes at 1100CR?

Endless possibilities, you just have to get creative :wink:

1 Like

I know the feeling. I was combatant for quite a while because the arena matches were against Rival / duelist geared at 1500. Even played an elitest geared at that rating. -.- What would a Glad be doing at such a low rating for him I wonder.

Why dont you do your own rated BG?
Noone invited my rogue 180 itm lvl alt, so i started doing my own teams. Question is: Why should i invite 205 1.5k exped lock if i have same exp 220+ itm lvl players, or even 210-215 itmlvl with much higher exp?
Sorry Márinho but i have much better options to invite. So please stop crying :slight_smile:

First of all, I feel you, I really do. I startet late - not as late as you - but still late into the season. My saving grace was a sister who dumped gear on me and conscripted me to do M+.

With 205 item lvl your chances to join a group are close to zero. And tbh, I would also not invite you. Start your own group, search for lead and tc and you can rush to 1800 on a single - albeit long - weekend.

…bg. Ingame chat. Off.

Enjoy playing.

Stop letting others influence what you do in a GAME

Create your own low CR low ilvl rbg group loads of people will queue. From experience low Cr groups are 10x easier to fill and play. And you get gear so easy.

I’d also say that the push from 1600-1800 at this stage is also hellish. Getting 1600 is easy enough pugging randoms. But approaching 1800 slightly more coordination is needed. Albeit it can come from one person leading.

Some people genuinely have no idea.

1 Like

Yep, you need at least a decent tc and a good or great lead. I won’t say it was or will be easy. It will be a nightmarish grind. Hours upon hours of sitting in the LFG tool to play maybe one or two games and you can bet whatever you want that half the group has to walk their dog/go to work/needs to cook the second you lose a single game.
I think my average was 60 min group-building per game. Faster below 1800, slower above.

On the plus side, you will sometimes find ppl. who might recruit you to their main-group.