Covenant abilities are a poor design choice

I hope they scrap this one.
Imagine if you could only swap your talents once or twice a month. That’s terrible.

3 Likes

I disagree, we will choose a covenant and commit to it. I think it’s much better than chopping and changing every five minutes.

17 Likes

I’m willing to agree only if they manage to balance out the abilities. Otherwise it will be a major flaw if one is far superior over the other.

5 Likes

You don’t understand. I’m not complaining about how hard it is to change covenants. I think everything about the covenant system is promising and can lead to some interesting gameplay, except for one thing:
Having abilities linked to this system.

No, I understood you perfectly and I disagree. I like that we will tie ourselves to a convenant and the abilities they offer.

10 Likes

We can tie ourselves to a covenant without the abilities, you know?

1 Like

Hoh boy just imagine if any of them become game changing abilities. Having a ranged root as a warrior sounds too powerful in PvP for an example

I would say they are a poor design because they are a borrowed power. We’ll have fun for a couple of years with these spells and they will be gone.
I just hope we won’t miss them like legion’s artifact abilities/legendaries.

7 Likes

They can be baked into the spec later on, like Stormkeeper for Ele Shamans for example. It’s not an issue at all.
What is an issue however is having a whole talent tree’s worth of gameplay-changing passive and active abilities locked behind a Covenant you can’t swap easily.

Or they could straight up remove them. As they did with many specs…

1 Like

Where’s my Fury of Illidari at

I agree.
Mostly because blizzard has a track record of heaving 1 good abbility in every talent specc and two flavor abbility.

I dont trust blizzard to be able to create 4 abbilies that are equal.
I mean 15 years and class of the patch is still a thing.
Until blizzard has proven it can accauly create fun to play and balanced classes.
Anything that cant be changed quickly will screw players over.

Don’t forget about soul binds. It may turn out those talent trees there will be way more impactful as a whole that one extra spell from covenant:

Arrogance (Tier 1): You have a 5% increased critical strike against targets whose current health percentage is lower than yours.

Covenant spell seems to be somewhat situational.

You do know thats the only new Feature in the whole Shadowlands expansion?
But I am with you. Even that one looks ans sound boring AF.
I have no idea how anyone can be excited about Shadowlands…

I like them i LOVE THEM becasue I Have ENOUGH will power to MAKE CHOICE I KNOW SCARY!

Can you imagine MAKING CHOICES!

As same as HORDE OR ALLIANCE ?

FOR THE BANSHEE QUEEN ! or Traitors /alliance fanboys!

More choices which matters in my MMORPG!

4 Likes

Depruning.
This is the only reason I even came to BFA after a year and a half not having touched the game at all.

3 Likes

I just hope they will be balanced. I want to go to Maldraxxus. Other covenants are of no interest to my dk.

1 Like

There will be 1 being better in X situation and not in Y,There will be 2 better in Y adn not in X etc vice versa there will not be 1 univerasl for evertyhing as essences /talents you change them based on what you do for best there is no 1 fits/rules them all.

I feel Venthyr will fit my blood dk just perfectly, especially since I’m hella arrogant

I say this it will be at max as racials if being X race stops you doing XYZ then you just suck and look for excuse instead of getting better literally…

Nontheless feedback and waht will be will say!

I go for look always!
SInce looking good= doing good= 20% bonus dmg and hps!
YOu do better if you like/love look of you!

3 Likes