Covenant abilities are a poor design choice

If some covenant abilities are broken than others and you can’t switch well then cya, people won’t make the same mistake again moving to a new expansion like that

Do you lose access to the cosmetic things, such as the boney wings and tombstone, if you switch covenants?

New zones. New dungeons. New raids. New abilities. Depruning old abilities. Hopefully new BG or Arena. New customisation. New gear. New mounts. New pets. Potentially new Allied race. New story.

Maybe other people might be excited about any one of these? Not suggesting you need to be of course :smiley:

How naive. They’re ignoring the PvP vendor outrage, let’s not forget.

1 Like

We can live in hope!

Trying to keep positive here :joy:

Would be truly nice if there were single player modes of them. At least for tmogs. But rn I do not feel anything when another raid gets released.

1 Like

Its mmoRPG~ make a choice and suffer consequences. I hope there will be more stuff like that! You dont need BIS for everything to play this game. I wouldn’t allow even swapping covenants!

Same with legendary gear… You get something and have to adapt. Not farming BIS~ crying on forum that drop chance is 0.02%

3 Likes

What I need to know is can I mog Kyrian set if I’m Venthyr if I unlock it on another toon :thinking: Cause if so I’ll need to use my alts

That would be an interesting option.

Last time I really cared about raiding was back in Wrath (lol), but that said, going to Ny’alotha and also Dracula’s Castle in Shadowlands have piqued my interest in recent times.

2 Likes

PepeHands :frowning:

1 Like

you will be surprised what depruning means in the end.
They even listed spells that they “deprune” that we already have baseline (hi tremor totem and capacitor totem)

unpruning will give some random abilities and 90% will never use ever and make the classes not more fun or functioning.

Don’t get me wrong, those abilities listed should definitive make it back into the game, but these are not the abilities I would choose to unprune the crap design that we currently have.
Most abilities listed have very little impact and are niche except kill shot

Pretty sure you’re a PvE player mainly. Those “niche” abilities as you say are very important in PvP.

I was a pvper till they decided to kill the pvp in this game, now I barely logging in :slight_smile:

frost bolt or arcane explosion for example is also in pvp a niche.
maybe you get the 2.5s frost bolt cast back, surely super useful especially if your class already has multiple other skills to slow :wink:

apart from that pvp is also only a small part of the game which is currently completely dead.

The goal is to offer you multiple talent trees on top of the ability so you get enough choice to never regret not taking another covenant for their ability

Just gotta find how it’ll be implemented but the idea is great imho

I would actualy love that. One of the things I hate about current WoW is that constant changing of talents from one encounter to another. Having a choice that is more permanent makes the choice more meaningful.

I predict the abilities will be available to use only in open world. Not in instances like dung/raid.

I say keep the utility abilities that are the same for everyone locked to covenants and free the class specific ones. If they are usable in content like raids and m+ from what we have seen some are just straight up made for m+ some for raid etc, or at least it seems like it and i would hate to select my covenant because of my ability AND also felling like i’m lacking in aoe or single target because that covenant is only good for one of them. It’s dumb.

they should just have it so going through each one unlocks the ability then you select which one you want at the arbiter.

And then it will be completely useless. Just imagine if Dreanor’s main selling point would have been the ability to summon a shredder in Gor’gond.

1 Like

If it’s all the same, I’m rather going to trust the guy with serious design experience, and a legal degree, over your PHD in poptarts, chief.

God, I hate the wow forums, wowcg is so much better.