Covenant system for dungeons sucks

It is such a pain in the butt to have to added restriction on finding/making a group for pushing higher level keys that one from a particular covenant is required. It makes playing with guildies much harder if no one happens to be from the covenant for that particular dungeon. It makes it much more complicated to form a group where you are already looking for one with CR and one with BL. Just a pointless over complication that slows the game down unnecessarily. This is what was picked up on in beta but was ignored by the devs.

Well current meta is vdh (kyr), hpal (venth), fmage (nf), bommy (nf), rogue (necro).
all covenants envolved. u can change that a bit. like taking elesham and not fmage. if ele is necro u can swap rogue with anyone. if u choose wwmonk (kyr) u can swap vdh with bear.
hpal can be changed with restosham (both venth).

most other changes will require some sacrifices. but 20+ is doable by premade of any setup.
if u going to go full harcore, u gonna have to stick to meta im afraid. semi-harcore pugging will reqire some meta’ish setup aswell

Also at this point you can opt to go meta covenants for high keys (below 18 is low) since raiding doesn’t require specific covenants.

I agree with OP. Getting into a SD is a nightmare. On top of the time spent waiting for the group to form now there is an additional restriction (for a better chance at a successful run) that further narrows the selection of ppl.

It is actively preventing people from playing the game.

For example, make the use of dungeon perks reputation based, rather than covenant based

Then everyone will be able to use them. Unless the whole group is on alts, in which case no-one will be able to use them.

yes bad design, limits what you can play. maybe it’s fun just for lulz, but on higher levels it’s just pointless.

It is actively preventing people from playing the game.

like many systems in the game, nothing new.

And what m+ are you doing?

Unless you’re pushing into 20s you can manage without cages in SD and so on.

Pushing 20s so yes it is a big issue to get the right covenant but I also find that peeps asking for covenants at much lower key levels so the perception is that they are a requirement. Nice idea to have dungeon buffs but poor implementation that makes the game harder to find a group and just play.

+18 +19

I invite you tho to try and time a PUG +15 in Fortified, Sanguine, Quaking in SD without a Venthyr and players with ~1100 RIO.

Where is the issue with that? Are we supposed to play or wait staring at the dungeon finder?

Did you reply to the wrong person? I can’t see any relationship between my comment and your second question?

I think this was you. I don’t know if you meant this as “it would be too easy” or “that would be great”

The keyword there is PuG.

I didn’t mean either. It was an observation, not an opinion.

If I’m pushed for an opinion, I’d say I like it the way it is. It adds another layer of complexity and something else to weigh up when making choices. (In my case, it’s the choice between keeping my druid as night fae, which is marginally better for the specs I play, or switching to venthyr because our regular group doesn’t have one, and we’re getting to a point where it matters.) I like that. It makes the game more interesting.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.