Covenants are ruining PvP

They’re destroying it.

Look at Priests covenants… They’re either Disc or Holy and have an ability to quickly kill people with their covenant ability.

Stop ruining PvP with covenant abilities. I see why there’s so many Priests in arena now…

( Main a holy Paladin)

Covenants are 100% not the reason why you see many priests lol…
Gotta be trolling, I give you a 2/10 for effort at least.

1 Like

now that covenants can be switched without hassle, it isnt that bad.
they were ruining pvp for the first half of system lands though

1 Like

Why are you writing this when the expansion is almost over? What’s the point?

Maining Resto Shaman and enjoying so much when Priest Meta afk’s out of Arena.

Because there’s a slight chance we have these covenant abilities in the next expansion.

most of the game ruining covenant garbage is in the talent trees for dragontrash

They arnt ruining it, they HAVE ruined it. Its beyond salvation at this point.

1 Like

Covenants is a good idea. But lack of real meaningful balancing between them ruined it. For most specs bis covenant is determined.

It’s part of the reason. Their damage capabilities is ridiculous. Would you like me to also tell you how many times Mindgame has been nerfed this expansion?

1 Like

No it’s not. If it was, people would also have complained about SP or Disc. This was not the case. Conclusion?

Blizzard seems dead set on making the most iconic covenant abilities into the DF talents.
If the dk/druid talents are any indicator then priest will 100% have mind games somewhere in their DF talent tree since it is by far the most iconic of any of their covenant choices , not sure about the other options though but who knows.

Personally I think they have made too many covenants into talents ( like in the druid tree) basically making keeping the playstyle similar to SL, which is something i can see backfiring as people always expect something fresh being added to their class in terms of playstyle and rotation, if the talent combination options only end up being a reflection of SL covenant swaps and legendaries then it won’t be much different from SL imo.

if you saw dragonflight talents for dk/druid they have covenant abilities as talents so its gonna be for every class probably

I like that to be honest and i am happy that they keep such abilities. One of the most often complaints about borrowed powers was that you loose all of them in the next expansion and the classes feel incomplete, so in my opinion thats a good move, but i understand that this is very subjective. I am interested to see how it will play out, i like the druid talent tree so far.

someone just woke up

I can’t tell if you’re intentionally acting dim or not. But judging by your post history, I’m going to say you’re not acting.

Why do you think that is exactly? When you give a class more healing capabilities AND more damage potential and CC potential than other specs, it creates a class that is very unbalanced.

All 3 priest specs were a nuisance before they nerfed Mindgames a good 4/5 times. And even now, with Kyrian and Venythr holy is still a nuisance. If you don’t think covenant abilities are potent then there’s no real arguing with you. Because no matter what I say it won’t fix blatant stupidity.

But yeah, there’s a reason why people all play the same covenants; because they’re STRONG in comparison to other covenant abilities and conduit trees. And a hefty chunk of damage dealt is done by covenant abilities. Soul rot/decimation bolt/sepsis/ ring any bells? Oh, and lets not forget flayed shot for BM hunters. And Abomination Limb, which does the vast majority of UH DKs damage.

I didn’t say they are not potent, I said they don’t ruin PvP and are not the reason why we see many hpriests. If you think otherwise, feel free to do so, it’s still wrong.
Remove all covenants from the game, hpriests remain #1
Why? Because of they easy cc chains they can build up themselves from range while pumping instant heals and having an answer for every go. All this is simply not tied to covenants. It’s an objective fact.

And if you’d actually played PvP you would know that especially priests do not run the same covenant.
Maybe you just forgot what the OP was about? Maybe you just want to argue for no reason. Idk.

Reading comprehension is also hard for you I’ve noticed. Bless you.

Really? Did you notice that before you chose to ignore (or failed to comprehend?) the statement of OP (which my statement is built on) or after?

It’s still bad that you have to react to healer’s covenant spell like to dps CD. It’s absolutely mental.