Creeping Venom *BUG*

The damage of this talent is bugged. It does exactly 3x LESS damage than it should.

Example: Instead to deal 100 damage in 4 seconds. It deals 33 damage in 4 seconds.

• Should be : 12 ticks total meaning 3 ticks per second
  • BUG: It Ticks ONLY ONCE PER SECOND. Which reduces its damage to only 33%. It worked fine before. But after 8.1 it became bugged, and from ticking every 0.33 seconds, It ticked every ONE second instead.

What’s worse. If they wanted to nerf TICK RATE. They should have increased TICK DAMAGE to make it even. But no… Another NINJA-NERF-DONT-USE-THIS-TALENT-BLIZZARD™ - PLAN

Edit; Confirmed by many people to be bugged!

1 Like

Its really hard to tell, I’m testing the dummy right now on this character I’m posting as - since assa is my main spec, it says it should do 4140 damage without procs but varies based on my haste procs. According to the tool tip it says it should do 4140 damage however mine did 1.8k which would imply its doing far less than the tooltip.

However If I’m not mistaken, it might of been nerfed in PVP combat.

edit: there is no PVP Changes to this spell, its genuinely doing less damage than the tooltip mentions, then again thats assa in a nut shell. weak sauce dots, rot class playing for fatigue (in 2 vs 2’s atleast.)

I tested it many times. And it does 3x LESS damage. I don’t know why.
Simple way to test it is to remove all poison enchantments you have active. And just go to a mob or player and hit Envenom. You will see that the DOT damage is 3x less than what it should be.

-If it says 4k damage over 4 seconds, Instead of ticking for 1k per second it will tick for 300-350. Exactly what you experienced !

Afaik CV has been nerfed compared to the tooltip for a long time, like since before christmas.

Nerfed to what… The damage from tooltip is nothing special, it does similar dps to deadly poison, IF it remain on the target for longer than 4 seconds.

I am trying to believe that this is a BUG that has gone under the radar. But some people prefer to use Ceeping Venom instead other talents.

But at the moment, Creeping Venom and Mind Numbing Poison, are both very low dps increase.
Having Creeping doind 30% of THAT, is utter **** I mean it ticks few TIMES less than your melee swings for god sake…

Waiting for someone from BLIZZARD to answer this topic hopefully…

Where does the assumption it ticks once per sec come from ? Because it never did tick once per sec, if it does now it’s new bug. Last I checked this talent was supposed to tick every 0.5s. It’s the reason why we played it alongsiwe BFF in PvP in season 1, because it made BFF deal damage very very fast.

That being said there is a times 12 in the wowhead formula just linked above. If you compare with existing DoTs it usually means there are 12 tics, over 4s that means 3 tics per sec. If it currently tics once per second only and not three and coincidently deals exactly three times less damage here’s your bug, simple, we’re missing 66% of the tics, but the tics do the right damage.

I will upload proof that it ticks every 1 second instead of every 0.3.
Yeah it should tick 12 times. At the moment it ticks only 4 times.
When you apply it it shows that it does damage every 1 second. And you can clearly see that it does so. Not every 0.33 as it should.

I see people complaining in-game, but no posts on forum so It was strange to me.
Pic incomin in 2 hours approx.

p.s: Still waiting for Blizzard employee to answer us on this bug.

Here is the proof from me. It ticks every 1 second instead of every 0.33 seconds. Its clearly a BUG. Because 9 damage x 4 ticks = 36 damage.

link to image (without space): https ://imgur.com/5l3qyGX

Because 9 x 4 can never be 108
LInk to image (without space): https ://imgur.com/cOQFjxs

Any answer from Blizzard? , bump…

Waiting for reply.

Waiting for reply. Why are we missing 66% of the ticks… Blizzard ??

Still no answer from Blizzard ? Bump ?

Still no answer from Blizzard staff ? Our spell does 60%less dmg and no one cares.
Well we all see how much EU forums mean to Blizzard and EU community as whole…

1 Like

Still no answer still no FIX. Gotta love Blizzard…
I guess bugs are only adressed when posted on US forums. EU players are just free cash pawns. We dont have ANY influence or meaning.
Thank you!

hey blizz, how about fixing this mess?

So theres a new bug with creeping venom now ontop of the current bug in this post, if a target keeps the dot actively ticking on them it breaks you from stealth too now it seems.

Tested it in arathi today, I vanished with 0 dots on me or anyone even near me, couldn’t get any openers for the next half minute or so as creeping venom ticks were breaking stealth.

1 Like

Another good reason not to pick it.

Still not Fixed !!!
a YEAR almost and still not Fixed. Time to stop wasting money on a bugged game. Blizzard has officially gone to CASH-GRAB-RUSH-HALF-BAKED-CONTENT-DONT-EVEN-FIX-BUGGS-SH1t-COMPANY.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.