Cross faction

We really really need cross faction on pretty much every content and that is now. Raids, BGs, Arenas, Dungeons. The 2 factions is just now ripping the game apart and Alliance bleeding more and more players to either quit or reroll horde making it even worse.

Keep the two factions for lore and world pvp perhaps but everything else is just… it makes it more unplayable for alliance side by the day. Its even impossible for two groups on the same CR to run RBGs at the same time, theres not enough players to fill those groups for at least an hour.

People rerolling breaks the game even more but I understand them and I really urge blizzard to fix this now.

15 Likes

Sounds like development, and that costs money, denied.

5 Likes

Yes please. I want to go back to alliance, and still run keys with my horde friends.

7 Likes

My friend says he is raiding on alliance side quite fine.

2 Likes

are you really going to pretend that alliance is doing just fine?

3 Likes

“Muh friend says”

Great source of objective information.

5 Likes

Like alliance dont even have 100 guilds whos 10/10 mythic. It just takes too long and they will make mythic crossrealmed anyway. Is that fine when it takes months and months after the other half of the playerbase? Not really.

2 Likes

What % of the actual overall player base both horde and alliance actually mythic raid though?

2 Likes

As an Alliance main i can confirm that we now have to pug our raids.

1 Like

Just like the OP.

It’s a know problem and theres oodles of data to support but.

Your “but mah friend is happy!” is what? Denial of an acknowledged problem or just clueing us in that your friend is oblivious?

3 Likes

Not really any Vulpeeras in stormwind. You can still have 2 factions in the world but you can go groups together in dungeons and stuff.

1 Like

This “known problem” exists since Burning Crusade. Today, this “known problem” is not more important than it was back in the day or basically, every expansion. Before it was far worse when you did not have region wide realms but rather battlegroups.

Yet, there are Alliance players that manage just fine, like “muh friend” for example.
Therefore, when players, like OP, create a post like these, I don’t think it’s really logical, fair and objective to speak in the name for all realms on the Alliance side and I am quite sure that in the case of “muh friend”, he is not an exception.

However, everyone that does create posts like this, is an exception but make it sound like it’s a global warming that affects everyone.

Yeah, I think not :-1:

EVERY bg is designed as a continuous war zone between the 2 factions.

but hey, who cares about the design. humans always fight in an orc base. they build orc architecture all the time.
and orcs can make draenei stuff easy.
:neutral_face:

everyone knows night elves LOVE spending time in orgrimmar. its like their second home.
i mean, who cares that in warcraft 3 they pretty much chopped their forests and went to war with them.

really ?
comon… think…

this game is designed around the idea of 2 factions.
how did vanilla start ? cinematic was “Four years have passed since the mortal races banded together and stood united against the might of the Burning Legion. Though Azeroth was saved, the tenuous pact between the Horde and the Alliance has all but evaporated. The drums of war thunder once again”
no raid or special event, they just hate eachother.

You have been playing with the Horde for like last 7 years…

Have you not heard of mercenary mode?

No one asked for this, people are just asking to raid and do dungeons together.

I’m sorry if that’s ruining your “immersion” but didn’t you just defeat Sylvanas with the help of Thrall?

3 Likes

Yeah, thanks for this. They think that is a thing of the past and it should be buried in the ground, reason? Because they said so, completely ignoring the fact that faction conflict exists, whether they like it or not. And since they “said so”, that means that Cross Faction is perfect solution. Why? Because.

God forbid someone pays 20-30 euros to transfer to a better realm (not even faction) to do what they want to do.

Except we have developers acknowledging its a problem, and developers assuring us they’re working on a solution, and even hinting at cross-faction play. That’s quite a step from the Burning Crusade.

Horde filled the Hall of Fame way faster than alliance. If you look at keys, there’s a whole 3 alliance teams in the top 20, and 17 horde. It doesn’t get much better in the top 100 either, with 26 alliance teams there.

Looking at the 16-20 bracket, 5 alliance, 15 horde. 11-15 bracket, now that’s a bit better, 7 alliance vs 13 horde in the top 20.

Basically, in any competitive PvE setting, horde outnumber alliance a lot. At trivial levels, it doesn’t matter.

Does your friend raid mythic, by the way? Did he clear it yet? Or is he raiding heroic, which pugs have been clearing the second week?

1 Like

Yeah, sell that crap to someone else. I clearly read what Ion said and there is no way they said “they are working on solution” that is what you and people like you are translating to themselves when they are unable to make the difference in expression.

Let me quote that for you

Lore and world fantasy are extremely important, and it’s ideal if they align with gameplay, but if story considerations alone are ever dictating frustrating mechanics, that’s a conflict that we need to resolve in favor of gameplay.

Then someone asked, “Does that apply to Cross Faction gameplay aswell?” He replied

It does. “Alone” is the key word above - there’s more to the faction divide than just narrative. There’s no quick solution here, but especially when it comes to equal access to endgame systems like M+ and raiding, that barrier is a major issue that we know we need to address.

It’s about equal access to endgame systems and there is no, I repeat: There is no quick solution here!!

Cross Faction is an evident quick, band aid solution, that community is proposing and whining about. Because community wants and thinks that “Haha, in lore we are all friends ^^ hurlburehguluur!!” and they just want to plug the switch and allow everyone to play with everyone which is a catastrophic solution.

I am not sure which part of

Lore and world fantasy are extremely important, and it’s ideal if they align with gameplay, but if story considerations alone are ever dictating frustrating mechanics, that’s a conflict that we need to resolve in favor of gameplay.

You people don’t get…

I rather see a solution in form of “mercenaries” which will allow some form of cross faction but… play with alliance as besties? Ha, dream about it.

1 Like

And back then, they already attempted to implement their first solutions to faction balance issues. That came in the form of balancing racials, and I think even adding the Blood Elf race so that the Horde has something ‘pretty’ to play.

The region-wide statistics that combine all realms also show a clear Horde bias. Sure, Alliance realms exist but there’s way less of them and they have smaller endgame content scenes compared to Horde realms.

Just because you theoretically can do content with only a third of the other faction’s player pool doesn’t mean we’re in a good spot. Using this sort of argument, should we also cease any class tuning because there’ll be players that can make sub-optimal specs work by playing significantly better than the others in their group/enemy team in case of PvP?

Mythic, in top 100+ some of the guilds. I don’t know if he cleared yet this raid, I know his guild was on previous raid 7/12 Mythic, 2nd month into the release of expansion. Then we didn’t play much ever since.