Current state of affl locks?

Hi guys,

Are they any good in pve? is the AoE dmg still crap?

cheers

Good in raid and bad in others aspects of the game.

I heard it was bad but didnā€™t believe it. Then I went to the PvP training dummy in Boralus to see the difference between Destro and Affl.

I concider myself to know the rotations on both specs pretty well.

Results after 3x20sec (average) :

• Destro 998k dmg
  • Affl 488k dmg

I wasnā€™t missing any major CDs, and still couldnā€™t get Affl higherā€¦
Definitely something not right there.

Affl can be made into having better healing than Destro, so maybe the idea is that we sacrifice DPS for self-healing with this spec. But I donā€™t knowā€¦ Either way this is a DPS spec and shouldnā€™t hit half the damage of another spec.

Affl is my favorite spec too, and is the one I used all the way up until BFA, until suddenly I was forced to play Destro. Destro is a fun spec too, but I rather enjoy that Affl can move while attacking.

For me both Demo and Destro have very turret focused playstyles, to do your big damage you have to cast a lot of spells in a short time window and I found that some fights are more movement focused than others and thatā€™s where affliction shines. Just yesterday on Gunker in Mechagon I found that my damage output was pitiful as destro and demo yet when I went affliction I was suddenly very efficient at moving and damaging as well as being able to sustain myself so that the healer had one less person to deal with. Sadly though on fights that arenā€™t movement heavy destro easily overtakes affli simply because of the infernal/chaos bolt combo.

1 Like

U cant compare DPS in PVP. As affli I can have higher dps than all other player (balances, shadowpriests)ā€¦ or keep very very high. But thats not the point, because affli isnt able to kill anything. U get high DPS from spreading dmg, but this expansion you have to tunnel one players because huge amount of passive defenses and healing AOE spells make spreading tactics ineffective. U need to put 2-3 good chaos bolts to kill enemy not to cast million dots with no effect

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.