CVar componentTexLoadLimit does not affect pets, mounts or shapeshifted druids - WoW Classic

Greetings everybody,

before I elaborate on the problem I am currently facing, I want to say that this is about World of Warcraft Classic, not the Retail version.

I found a CVar called componentTexLoadLimit which according to documentation I found is for: "Character component texture loading limit per frame ".

This works really well and is a great relief for my crappy laptop in big cities, most of all when there are pops happening,… but apparently it does not affect (hunter) pets, mounts and shapeshifted druids.

That shapeshifted druids are not being affected feels kinda strange since they are still real players (some might argue).

Is there another CVar for those things, or was this just an oversight of the CVar I am talking about?
Is there a way to print all available CVar to the chat? I know that there is the /dump command, but I am still a LUA noob and not really familiar with the WoW API.
These are probably questions someone with a better understanding of the API might be able to answer… or a developer on Blizzard’s side.

(Side note: is there any official API documentation from Blizzard itself? The only stuff I can find is from fan sites)

Kind regards

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/advancedinterfaceoptions has a CVar browser

1 Like

OMG this sounds awesome, thank you so much for this hint, I check out if it works with the Classic version.
— Edit —
I checked the Addon out on both Classic and Retail versions.

There is a very interesting CVar called bodyQuota which according to the description is for “Maximum number of componented bodies seen at once”… it seems that it does not affect neither Classic nor Retail, even after client restart… maybe a relic from a long time ago?

Also I see that there are pet battle CVar available in Classic, which means either:

• the Classic Client is based on a Retail version where pet battles already existed (heard that the Classic client is based on Legion, couldn’t find any citations in the web though)
  • the Addon is a port from Retail and shows those properties in the Classic version now as well

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.