Dalaran coins

You know you can fish coins in Dalaran and some of them were thrown ages ago by Famous characters. This is really interesting as I’m a big fan of ancient lore!

One interesting note I found out is that all three Windrunner sisters threw in their coins. This was probably during their youth sometime during the second war.

Alleria threw in a silver coin, and it says: "May my sisters realize their full potential, the name Windrunner known as result of their deeds.”

Let’s analyze it: so Alleria wished for her sisters to realize their full potential. Did that happen? Well Vereesa is the Ranger general of the Silver covenant and she seems happy in her position. Well, as happy as a widow can be.

Sylvanas on the other hand is a mess. Went from a Queen, to a Warchief, to the Jailer’s puppet and then… um. Well the rest is spoilers but you know. So the coin never really came true .

Sylvanas threw in a Gold coin, and it says:
“I hope my sisters and I can grow up and get married together. This coin appears to be very old.”

Let’s analyze this: so we know Alleria and Vereesa both got Married. (Even tho years later Vereesa became a widow). And yet Sylvanas never really married. So… her coin didn’t came true. And she threw in a Gold coin, so she was very hopeful lol.

Vereesa threw in a Copper coin, and this is where it gets confusing because she spoke in Thalassian (half the words are not found in the Thalassian translation dictionary), which leads to many speculations about what it means.

“Asto’re da shan’re. Turus Fulo Il’amare, A’Talah Adore. Isera’duna…”

The few words we got is:

• I wish
  • Parent
  • death
  • Green ones
  • Be with you

And upon putting it together in the correct order:

“I wish my Parent…
Death be with you, Green ones”

We know with Thas’dorah’s lore many years later, that Vereesa’s mother was killed by an Amani. So perhaps Green ones means Amani? Or Orc? Or both? Who knows.

Did death reach Amani? Not exactly. The Amani Neva Die. They Neva give up. Same case with the Orcs. So… this coin never came true.

Conclusion: throwing coins in fountains doesn’t make wishes come true in Warcraft.

Other coins include characters like:

• Kel’Thuzad
  • Kael’thas
  • Arthas
  • Jaina
  • Thrall
  • Archimonde
  • Uther
  • King Terenis
  • Anasterian Sunstrider
  • Chronormie

If you read Arthas’ coin, not only is it hilarious… it also kinda came true but in a curse kinda way. I highly recommend start reading this one.

5 Likes

Alleria fought in the Troll Wars as far as I remember, that makes her at least 2800 years old. She was a seasoned commander and warrior during the second war. That would mean that her youth, and very likely that of her sisters would be long over by the time the second war comes around.

That never really made sense because we know that Tanaris Windrunner ( who was the first Ranger general) was elected during the Troll wars. He is the ancestor of Alleria.

Lireesa windrunner (the mother) became Ranger general many years later

Alleria was supposed to be next after her mother died but refused, so it went to Sylvanas in Warcraft 2.

So putting all this info together, it is clear Alleria never fought during the Troll wars and it was simply a mistake.

1 Like

Archimonde’s coin was my favorite. Still got it in my bank.

1 Like

whats on it?

“I wish to know how you survived my wrath, little fountain.” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.