Dark Ranger status in 8.3

So, apparently, a large part of the Dark Rangers remained behind in Orgrimmar.

I see you remained in Orgrimmar.
We dark rangers were fiercely loyal to Sylvanas.
We trusted her… followed her commands.
It is clear that our loyalty was never truly reciprocated.
Some of my sisters and brothers have chosen to remain at the Dark Lady’s side. I, and many others, have not.
<Velonara’s expression becomes steely. Determined.>
I refuse to be a slave to this torment. Both the sin’dorei and Forsaken are my kin. I stand with them, and with the Horde.

15 Likes

Ooh thank Holunki for small favors…the Blizdaddies atleast did not take our most beloved Dark Ranger.
(After Sylvanas herself ofcourse)

3 Likes

:roll_eyes: that line always makes me smile

2 Likes

Wat? Does this sentence even make sense?

I actually like it. It shows the Forsaken rising above their emo phase, and taking responsibility, AND, all of this, without Calia.

Perfection.

6 Likes

Wonder what happens to the undead night elves now :thinking:

It’s odd to see this. Can’t remember any dark Ranger starting to grow close to the horde. Explain blizzard pls.

Its also a direct contrast to Sylvannas most common line “What are we if not slaves to this Torment?”

So yeah, also shows she is a big girl now with her own opinion ,not following Sylvannas.

A job well done

8 Likes

We didn’t want to spend more than ten minutes developing a reason to distance Sylvanas from the Horde in order to create our awesome Uber Villain…so we throw this dialogue in and take for granted you guys will swallow it in good faith

OT: I guess that this signals Blizzard isn’t as stupid as to throw away one of the core traits that Sylvanas brought to the Forsaken table with the whole Banshee/Dark Ranger thing.
It’s something.

2 Likes

I mean the Dark Ranger ain’t wrong. She shares the heritage of Blood Elves and Forsaken (kinda).

I partly hope gone and forgotten…but that would be to easy.

The whole initial " I now see the truth" thing, at the start now contradicts with them looking at Calia for answers…

I used to think that one of their “insights” was how “the processing” in the afterlife was broken and that only the Maw awaited after death, so in that regard they would basicly be thanking Sylvanas for taking them away from that fate…the flaw in my theory here seems to be the wisps, some night Elves turned into whisps after their death, others like Delaryn and Sira, didn’t…Do the wisps still make sense when the machine is broken?
Anyway, right now I’m more likely inclined to believe that allot of this story changes on the fly instead of having been planned…

3 Likes

I just want them to rejoin the alliance and then never talk about it honestly. Say it was mind control, everything else doesn’t make sense.

This isn’t me trying to rile you up, but I’m honestly a bit curious now to where all of this is going, despite dreading that I may get another disappointment.
You should remember that, while it may not happen right away, there is still a chance for a twist, were both end up back with their own people, one way or another.

Yea, well, I mostly just want the undead night elves back in the alliance because joining the horde has never made sense in the first place without mind control and if they stay in the horde and even become some important NPC then I don’t know anymore.

I want this traitor filth executed. No matter what the puppets of Sylvanas says. Emos belongs here :point_right::door:

If the alliance doesn’t get them the horde will. Also just say it was mind control as everything else doesn’t make any sense.

See, I’m looking at this door icon…and I’m thinking…yes? Is there more? What does it mean? Where does it lead? What is the writer trying to tell us here…but…nothing, I mean I knew I’d get disappointed at one point, like I said, just didn’t think it would happen this soon >=(

You got that. There is nothing and they’re nothing if Sylvanas left them, so there will be on the right place wherever this door leads to.

1 Like

Why would anyone want to be loyal to the Horde in it’s current state? Now’s the perfect time to break away, Baine’s too weak a Warchief to do anything about it.

1 Like

Because the Horde is a family. Ohana and all that shizz. Baine’s first command as the new warchief was planting these notice boards all over Silvermoon, to fight blood elf separatism:
https://i1.wp.com/criticaldispatches.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/ci09ah0uwaar-gj.png