Date of Birth prompt, bugged account?

Thought I’d give the game ago after taking a break due to mental health, upon launching battlenet this morning, I’m greeted by an offline / can’t connect screen, entered all my details as usual including the code from my physical authenticator.

I was then asked to confirm my date of birth, clicked okay then nothing happened. I also tried launching the WoW.exe and going in to the game that way, and greeted by a pop up regarding the date of birth and an error code, clicking ‘ok’ does nothing at all.

So here I am actually WANTING to play the game that I used to play to escape and all I’m greeted by is multiple ways of telling me I can’t log in, even when I have a current subscription. :confused:

1 Like

Stupid question, are you putting in the same one you entered when you set your battle.net account up?

Yep, nothing has changed on my end as opposed to just deciding to not play the game since around 3-4 weeks ago.

When I launch battlenet normally it just auto logs me in and remembers my details, at first I thought it was a battlenet issue so I tried the WoW exe and it’s still the same, something regarding date of birth and the AADP in the UK

I don’t know what AADP is but I’m in the UK and it asked me a long time ago, I put mine in and it worked.

If you are 100% sure you didn’t enter a fake one when you set the account up, all you can do is open a ticket to get it sorted.

I’ve made a ticket yes, normally there is a live web chat 24/7 which I was hoping to do. I wouldn’t of entered a fake birthday when setting up my account etc.

Webchat is only open at certain times. I’m not really sure what they are.

"Due to AADC regulations, we need you to verify your date of birth to continue. (WOW51900314) is what pops up if i go through the WoW.exe, been on my account settings and I can’t ‘see’ a date of birth that I entered neither does it give me an option to change it

I can only suggest a repair to the game until they get back to you about the problem.

I’ll just wait, there’s plenty of other games to play.

Hey Ariedan,

Date of birth is now required in some regions and if you didn’t have one registered previously, you should get a pop-up when you log in to enter it.

From your description it sounds like it didn’t save when you first tried in the app, so maybe try logging in to the account management pages here: https://account.battle.net/

Otherwise you can try just restarting the Battle.net app and give it another go, or if still needed, clear the cache with these steps:

1. Quit the Battle.net App
  2. Press Windows Key + R
  3. Type %LocalAppData% and press enter
  4. Open the folder Battle.net > BrowserCache
  5. Delete the file Cookies
  6. Restart the Battle.net App and try again

Failing that we can of course help in a ticket, but you should be able to do it on your own so you don’t have to wait for a reply.