Day 23 - Daily Bot Reminder

Daily reminder of the massive bot problem we got. At least try to fix it, Blizzard.

5 Likes

You will be level 70 before they do anything.

Please ban bots more frequently Blizzard…

Atleast you have brain with this…

1 Like

We can put our differences aside on this matter at least.

I remember when I was 14/15 and playing TBC/WoTLK I was thinking about botting. But the general consensus in my community and from random people I asked about it back then was that you are getting banned pretty fast for doing so.
Now there is this stupid sh*t with “banwaves” where the botters can just calculate operating costs very easily because they know when the next ban will happen. If there were GMs checking hotspots manually on each server a couple times a day the majority of bots would disappear very swiftly.

It’s obvious that in todays greedy corporate world this doesn’t get fixed by Blizzard because it generates a noticable stream of income via boosts and server transfers.

Long term the players and Blizzard will lose out though because this breaks trust and diminishes accomplishnents ingame. The minority who are buying gold and ingame achievments are a huge source of income ( 80/20 rule) and ActiBliz is too greedy to stay away from such temptations. It’s understandable but it sucks Blizzard.

The worst thing about it is that (save for Classic fresh) we can’t experience the game (TBC and WotlK) and its economy in a natural, bot free state.

As a goblin and AH player this makes me extra sad.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.