Dead servers MEGATHREAD - Ghostlands/Dragonblights plea to Blizzard

They need to make guilds and AH crossrealm to cover all eu servers. Then everyone can be on what ever server they wish but still join any guild they want to and participate in big economy. Connecting realms will remove problem temporarily but it does not guarantee it won’t happen again.

This is not a good solution because many people would lose their names. For example i would rather play alone in Dragonblight than lose name i have had ever since this character was made in vanilla. I would quit if i would be forcefully moved servers and lose my name in progress.

3 Likes

Couldn’t that be solved with a second name option?

3 Likes

It would still change the name so not for me it wouldn’t solve it. Everyone having server tag behind the name is fine (like we have with current connecting realms). But like i said it would be much smarter to just make AH and guilds work crossrealm. Server populations will change and there is nothing to guarantee that the realms where people would be moved would stay populated, so we would run into same problem again.

5 Likes

I have sh*tty names on most of my toons, mostly due to a lack of creativity when i made them way back. So id like having to change all my names😆
Except this one. Its also stupid, but its my stupid name

5 Likes

I never played on an empty realm, but I imagine it isn’t fun. There is no doubt in my mind that Blizz should try to fix it.

4 Likes

Mine are also not special or anything, but those characters are old and they got history and they would not feel the same without same name. And that feeling of long story and history behind my toons is one of the driving forces why i keep playing. :smiley: And Jikko sounds like good name and not stupid at all.

3 Likes

I agree with u. I’ve had this char and this name since early tbc and it would not feel right to have to change it. Cross-server guilds and AH would be nice.

2 Likes

I totally agree with you. The name is big part of this character.
And thanks btw ^^. I just mashed 4 letters close to eachother on the keyboard (j i k k) and added a vowel. I also have a Jikke walking around. Been using those names for over 20 years now!

2 Likes

That was obvious, no one wants to move to a dead realm, some of those who did accept the offer regretted it and paid money just to get back to their original realm, after that first time they did that, blizzard knew it would never work, they should have done the opposite and let players on dead realm get free transfers to a few realms, and blizzard not ‘realising this ?’ makes them more stupid than they really are, but no they are not that stupid, they just like their xfer $$

2 Likes

I felt like you, then I discovered ctrl-alt-vowel and realised there are mány óptíons for keeping your name while changing your namé.

(Yeah ok so technically the accents confer a pronunciation difference - but you’re probably the only person who’ll ever notice it :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Like you say, pronounciation is different and also some are completely different letters. Not same name at all for me. I am usually having lot of giggles with some names using accents and especially scandinavian vovels like ä,ö,å and such to replace other vovels. Some of those names can be really hilarious sounding and in some cases have changed meaning of the word to something completely different. But i do use those special letters in my own language and other languages i speak, so i pronounce them automatically right way in my head. :laughing:

But thanks for sharing your story. I do think i am from the more stubborn end when it comes to names and i think many will find help for character naming with your tips! :hugs:

2 Likes

They ignored dead realms for years before they even did mergers. I too left a dead realm at my own expense. Years later they did some merges but it was too late IMO. Most people I knew had moved. Obviously not everyone wants to reroll on a new server or pay to move.

4 Likes

@Radium: Indeed. :D:D:D Finnish is particularly prone to changes as there are dozens of words that swap meanings, if a or o are replaced by ä or ö. :D:D:D

If you are able to do this, I envy you, a lot. I speak multiple languages and I have to pay special attention not to make certain mistakes… even with such completely ordinary letters such as r and h, which are stressed in some languages, while barely audible in others. And English… Oh boy. The stink ordinary letter e… Words like get, bet and set have a sort of hard e, while the es in words keep, steep, steel and deep are far closer to double i. Car, bar and ajar do not rhyme with war… and the letter a in bat, cat, chat and hat is far closer to ä than a. And on it goes…

2 Likes

Hah i actually ment it that if someone writes ä instead of a i see it as ä not a. So as finnish person i could not be Rädium or Rådium because there is no way i can ignore those letters and assume or read them as a. My english pronounciation and speaking is far better than my writing but i occasionally fall into same errors you mention in your post. :rofl:

2 Likes

@All: Additional note: If someone brags about being able to pronounce even very difficult phrases, I usually ask them to read something similar to the following without mistakes:

Pyhä Yrjö syö öylättiä ja höylää työpöytää myöhään yöllä kyykyssä ja yökkää, kun kyy hyökkää myrkkyä syösten, keskeyttäen työstön sekä pääsiäismunien ryöstön.

:D:D:D I think you can appreciate the phrase above, too. :wink:

2 Likes

update to my gm ticket , and Community Team email:

Hello Vintoleth,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Ghostlands/Dragonblight situation has been on our radar for quite some time now (as well as some other realms). While we cannot commit to an action right now, we wanted to at least acknowledge that we’re on it. It’s not a case of something flying under the radar.

Your feedback will help us push for a decision, so thanks again, and please do continue to make yourselves heard on the forums, we really do read those threads and both the content and the volume of feedback will help us set our priorities.

Kind Regards,

World of Warcraft European Community Team

so please ask any friends and guildies to read and comment in this thread.

11 Likes

@Vintoleth: I am very glad to read your post. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I been participating this thread already but just want to add as a founder and guild master of Inertia-Dragonblight that our guild also supports this thread.

4 Likes

it is positive to hear, but after so many years i am hesitant in celebrating :frowning:

like we mentioned in another thread the whole Brazilian tests were nearly 2 years ago, and has there been any further mentions of merging, linking or whatever method is being looked at?

not to mention, this has been going on since cata :frowning:

i dont mean to dampen their reply, because it IS GREATLY appreciated, but without substance or more information , it seems generic. :frowning:

2 Likes

@Vintoleth: There is, however, one fairly important detail that is changing. Classic launch is approaching. It requires servers, too. IF Blizzard were to connect existing realms, they could reallocate servers for Classic. Also, while my “plan” is mostly a few scattered notes, I think I am going to try to solidify those notes into a far more detailed plan of possible connection groups. Blizzard naturally has far better information than I do, but I am curious what the community on the forum would think of it.

4 Likes