Dead servers MEGATHREAD - Ghostlands/Dragonblights plea to Blizzard

You tried your best, and thank you for that :slight_smile:

As someone with about 5 alts in the 80+ range on Ghostlands, I would really appreciate it if the team would stop monitoring the situation and decide to take action. Please. Set a threshold for acceptable player minimums, and when servers are regularly below it for 6+ months, merge them with one that is in the same state.

This must be solved for the long-term health of the game. My honest recommendation for anyone new to the game or whose friends have quit is to start up on a “full” server. It is so much better. I will take Argent Dawn’s buzzing population over a low-pop server any day, including the days when there are login queues.

1 Like

Every server out there is at risk so they should implement something that doesn’t take years to decide upon.

I guess its asking too much from an indie developer trying to make it big in the mobile industry. :>

1 Like

I really hope they do something about this issue.

2 Likes

Bladefist frostwisper zenedar has the same problem. We are bleeding Community. And blizz doesn’t seem to care at all. They need to help us all. Before it is really to late.

4 Likes

My assumption is that Blizz think sharding covers all the problems.

And if guilds were x-realm, it actually would, because it would be irrelevant which server your character happened to be on. We really do need to just bin off this idea of “server firsts” and “local economies” and merge it under one roof. Some will win (on lower prices) and some will lose, but it just needs to be gotten on and done before things evaporate.

4 Likes

They are not. Connecting realms is not something they can do, so they are just spewing some generic BS to make you feel listened to.

1 Like

while personally, i think this may be the case, im trying hard to keep my personal opinions out of this thread, as, as they are my personal opinions and not fact, they are more open to people trying to start an argument for no reason. eg. “i’ve played horde on tarren mill/draenor since vanilla, and ive never seen any issue with dead realms. get gud scrub” etc.

why is this? and if that is true, is there any way to merge/link/connect realms?

i PERSONALLY think this is true based on nothing more than feelings, and the fact that low pop servers have been an issue since late 2009/early 2010, yet in nearly a decade, no long term or decent plan has been done to fix it. connected realms was a band aid and anyone who thought it was more than that, should not have been working on the problem.

this would probably be one of the better routes worth going down. as long as there are NO barriers between players, it doesn’t matter how its done:

• one AH,
  • cross realm guilds,
  • cross realm trading,
  • sharding that works (your friend/guildie standing in front of you not vanishing as one of you go into a new shard, or falling off a 2 player mount as you move to a new zone)
  • and (forgive me) cross realm chat channels.

if these were done (am i missing anything?) then that would be acceptable by all i think. the only other thing i wonder about, although this is farrrrrr down the list, is what would happen with npcs/quests that are realm specific, like rares, quest mobs and boss spawns.

2 Likes

Well, I meant the community managers. Certainly Blizzard can do it.

1 Like

ah, ok yes i get you. i originally opened a ticket to a GM, but i knew this was not the GM’s remit. i only hoped they could point me in the direction of someone who’s it was. hence they gave me the email to the community managers. i presumed that these are the right people to put this to, and i believe i did say to them in my first email, that if they (the community managers) were not the right people to talk to about this, could they point me to the right people. the fact that they have not given me any other departments to contact, like the GM did, only leaves me to believe that the community managers are somehow in the loop of fixing this.

1 Like

This is a thing that they really could do with sorting anyway. I find that sharding is way too keen to split people up, and not keen enough to put them together. The difference between Ghostlands and Argent Dawn when hanging around Boralus is baffling. For all that on GL you’ll regularly see players from other servers, proving that we can be put into the same space, AD is by far the more visibly busy.

And you know what, yes, now and then there is a moment’s delay when interacting with a vendor or object. It is also (imo) vastly preferable to the empty spaces that some servers endure. Lag vanishes when you hit an instance anyway, and city centres really could get away with packing people in more tightly - even if you then get split up when leaving.

Failing that, at least have the algorithm prioritise people who are in some way in your social circle. If there are people from your guild or community around, try to make them visible if at all possible.

I’d also really like to have visibility of people in WM, even if I can’t directly interact outside of /s… It’s just a PvP flag with the caveat that you can’t just turn it on/off on a whim. Treat it like one!

3 Likes

I linked this thread and Vintoleth’s Clockwork Orange webpage link to my guilds discord. Alliance version of that " Guild Raiding Times" could be a good idea too.

Things could be a lot better on Dragonblight/Ghostlands…

Paid character transfers, that is a no for me.
I can afford the subscrition fee, but not char transfer costs.
Only 2x120’s, but far more 110’s. + Ally and horde alt guild.

While leveling in BC, I made friends with ppl from AA.
And in AAR I have been since it was made.

Regarding character names…
IF a server merge, transfer or whatever in the future. I would prefer to keep this name. Or… just have it as a single letter. “H”. Minimum is 3 letters?

2 Likes

Don’t want to be negative but no, you weren’t referred to the community managers because they are in the loop but because you are part of the community and you needed to be managed.

They probably have no clue themselves and whilst I’m a fairly new player and not in the loop with everything that’s going on with wow I’d say the problem cannot be remedied in any easy way, because if it could be, they’d have fixed it already and not try their best to muddle through players’ complaints with placating corporate talk.

Writing this actually made me sad, because I know that’s exactly the kind of a response you don’t really want.

1 Like

I guess we are playing the waiting game now :slight_smile:

I have read and I agree

2 Likes

Not sure there is a waiting game, there’s only us saying there’s a problem and Blizz saying they know.

There’s no ETA involved in any of that :confused:

2 Likes

draenor alliance is also dead.

fix faction imbalanced
merge draenor and silvermoon

1 Like

Draenor and Silvermoon?
Ain’t both high pop servers?
Well… atleast on the server list.
I do have a horde alt on Draenor, sadly stuck at 100, due to no energy to level it.

1 Like

I was meaning the response from Blizz - I guess I should have been clearer with this :blush:

In their response to Vintoleth, they write they know of the problem but won’t announce anything about any solution before they have the solution at hand, so we have a waiting game :slight_smile:

1 Like

i could add a page for alliance raid times i guess, but i wouldn’t know the best way to go about it. i’ve been part of the furniture as horde here since tbc, so even if people dont know me personally, they’ve probably seen my name or guild name in the past. i wouldn’t have that sort of “cred” with alliance. and considering i have only been able to get 8 guilds working together out of 60+ messaged, yeah, it would be hard to get the details. also, and no offence meant, but having more alliance players raiding doesn’t help horde on ghostlands :stuck_out_tongue:

i would have liked to do an alliance side of the coin, but how time consuming it is to get the facts and figures i got (as blizz dont provide them anywhere), i would not have had the heart to do alliance as well, nor would i expect anyone too. even though alliance are in a far better spot than horde, of maybe a 3:1 ratio, that means nothing as alliance are also having a hard time on ghostlands/dragonblight.

oh dont get me wrong. i worked in an industry with that middle management “no speak” for over a decade, and i know it when i hear it. but even though i, and nearly all here reading it know it means basically nothing, we cant prove they ARE lying. even though we know they are. we have to be civil always, and just hope to get numbers behind us. the best way obviously would be for everyone to just stop paying, and talk with our wallets, but i know most would not do that, and nor would i blame them or expect them to. so, this is the next best thing.

i think there are not difficult ways to remedy the overall problem, but the optics will just look bad in the short term, (loss of servers) even though in the long term things would be better (happier players, maybe even more players). some mmo’s in the past have had it pointed out to them that they are “failing” or “dying” in neon lights, because they had to reduce server numbers. while some of this was true, it was not because they had to reduce servers.

if blizzard remove 30+ servers, shareholders and the media will just look at it as “a loss” and not look at the bigger picture cause they are stupid in this field. and so, blizzard will do nothing because of optics.

yes, but faction heavy. draenor is highest horde pop, more than 95% horde, and silvermoon is highest alliance with more than 95% alliance. For Crucible of Storms, on silvermoon, the top horde guild is 212th of 230 guilds, and are the ONLY horde guild. on draenor, the top alliance guild is 217th out of 304 guilds, and the ONLY alliance guild. thats why alliance on draenor, and horde on silvermoon will feel bad cause for them there is no one really there. they are in a worse state than horde on ghostlands/dragonblight.

true, and also this contradicts the whole “Brazilian” situation. we knew about that for ages before they attempted to see if it works. AND, im guessing that even though it was successful in Brazil, (so says Ion), it was not successful in overall implementation, as we’ve seen NOTHING done in nearly 2 years.

without thinking too deep, the best thing would probably be a connected AH, and CRZ guilds. a connected AH shouldn’t be as hard as they make out, cause GW2 has it (are you not as clever as Arenanet blizzard?) and if we can already do CRZ dungeons and people, CRZ guilds shouldn’t be such an issue either. these 2 actions would “probably” solve almost everything. if people cleverer than me were to give it more than 2 seconds thought, im sure they could come up with even better ideas.

so yeah, i know that the CM fobbed me off both times, but my hands are tied. again, all i can suggest is that people get friends and guildies to keep posting here. my guild has 450 unique players. while half of them are probably inactive, that should be 250+ unique people posting here. i dont advocate for posting on multiple alts as its against T&C i think. but then if EVERY guild, on EVERY low or medium pop server posted here, we could amass hundreds, even thousands of people showing their unhappiness with the situation. hopefully this will bring blizzards attention more AND people will keep abreast of the situation more and hold blizzards hands to the fire more and more.

after all, if TRUST LEVEL 5 - THE COW LEVEL can get 553 posts, and over 12.6K views, surely something like this can get traction. we just need to ask people, and post this thread in trade/general periodically.

or, if people are happy with things the way they are, maybe my finger is not on the pluse, and guilds really dont mean what they once did and they actually dont matter to people anymore?

6 Likes

I dont know what T & C is, but if its against the rules, i blame Blizzard for it, because sometime my avatar changes without me changing it in the user options for posting, and i dont always notice it

I used to post on another alt, but it changed ‘not by me’ so now i stick with this Avatar, until it changes again and i dont notice

1 Like

Vintoleth, connected AH + CRZ guilds?
Yes to that from me.

1 Like