Dead servers MEGATHREAD - Ghostlands/Dragonblights plea to Blizzard

Well it’s fine if you gave consent to it because it’s aswel fine to say no sometimes :sweat_smile:.

You misquoting minx!!! :laughing:

2 Likes

Any news regarding the major problem of the dead servers?

1 Like

We are still waiting to hear. Sadly the last we heard was from Ion at BlizzCon saying he was going to meet with the server team to discuss it. We have had no news since.

2 Likes

The issue has always been paid server transfers. Blizzard milking this situation is one of the reasons why I won’t buy another blizzard game. We know merging is very possible, they just don’t want to do it because of their greed.

5 Likes

Yes I agree.

They should be doing their best to make sure huge population inbalance is addressed in a timely matter without paying customers having to chase them around.

Way too many servers, merge and close some. They won’t though for fear of people thinking WoW is dying.

3 Likes

Yeah, if only, we’ve been beating this very dead horse for almost ten years now. I mean, are they trying to maintain some sort of alternate reality in which the game still has 12 million subs?

lol

3 Likes

Yeah be lucky if it’s 1 mil :rofl:

3 Likes

it is more than 1 miljon for sure, but probably lower than 5 miljon atleast now, maby even under 3 miljon.

Anyways even if Blizzard would merg like all realms to eachother the problems would continue and alliance side die out faster and faster, unless some extream changes in lore happens, as it is now alliance lore when they get some, makes them look weak or like cowards most of the time, even at times when they try to make alliance look cool they manage make it bad for some reason.

in BFA we got a big attack on Dazalor, what was ok until you got to the last 3 bosses, where the lore after wards was just lol, mechatorgue got iced for no reason, could have made him just fly away instead punting the horde when doing so, second fight was just pathetic again, some random mages, who where not threat at all and then just a water elemental.
Jaina fight was not so bad, becuse she did just lol and run away, and she continued to be quite good after that.

But most of the time the lore is just bah, and at no point do you se any of the real alliance succeses in game, like in lore ally won both arathi and darkshore, but nothing in game not even in next patch, where horde succes do show, Azhara for the goblins, hillsbrad under forsaken rule, Undercity lost even if ally won, due to sylvanas again.
Alliance become pathetic what makes things just bad and people get fed up.

3 Likes

You know Cross realms is what killed them in the first place right?

Maybe we should all ask Ion on Twitter if he’s got any news

5 Likes

What means do we have to get in touch with the Devs to try and get an update on this? The universal opinion seems to be that no one looks at the EU forum, so asking here won’t help. Is Twitter really the only means we have? I don’t use it at all, and making an account to ask a single question which will probably be ignored seems a bit pointless…

However, Ion did say that he’d be talking to the server team the week after Blizzcon so I was really hoping we’d have heard something by now. Even “we’ve investigated and we can’t do anything” would be better than this waiting and hoping. Ideally I’d love to know what they’re planning (or even just thinking, at this stage) and some timescales. Will a solution be in place before Shadowlands? Or are those of us on low pop realms going to spend another expansion waiting for a solution that’s not going to come?

2 Likes

I’ll retweet u! I did tweet this topic a while back, but not @ion i think… whats his twitter?

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev

3 Likes

Thanks! :raised_hands: /10 chars

4 Likes

Bumping

10 char

1 Like

Doubt the Ion will respond or even take a look at the thread.
And Blizz probably fired all blue’s that weren’t just posting in the feel good threads. :>

(A bump by whining!)

3 Likes

Oh right… it be nice if everyone that feels this is a problem and has a twitter account to like or re-tweet this:

1 Like

Good thing that this thread picked up lately.
This is a real issue that should be a priority, up there with classes.

Sometimes I find it hard to believe that people actually care about a Vulpera’s hair rather than broken class or in this case, broken populations.
I know it’s different departments and teams but the first ones IN MY OPINION should be a priority and resolved as soon as they arise. And yet, somehow we are stuck with sh*t class design for 2 years now and dead servers for 6.

2 Likes

They can care about more than one thing you know :wink:

1 Like