Dead servers MEGATHREAD - Ghostlands/Dragonblights plea to Blizzard

Can we pls make a server for misanthropes where you won’t get into shards with other players and only have a group finder tool to get some bodies to do world boss

You won’t get sharded nearly as much on Argent Dawn or other RP servers. I mean, there is sharding, but it’s only between RP servers, and on the whole it’s not nearly as savage. Mechagon and Nazjatar can feel positively busy, something I haven’t seen in any zone on GL-DB.

1 Like

Sure, we can call it ‘Classic’. I think it could catch on. What do you think.

1 Like

Well-argued! I hope you’ll get a response from Blizzard.

Ghostlands is aptly named…

1 Like

Bro there’s an option to transfer your character, exercise your right to choose.

Will you pay the transfer for him?

If not, you might aswell be silent, because with remarks like that you contribute zero to the discussion.

3 Likes

have to aggree whit this topic I am on killrog my self connected whit nagrand and runetotem, server is listen as medium, but that can not be true in anyways, becuse even during peak times, Boralus is close to empty now also, so no way there is that many playing now.

2 Likes

and i choose to not PAY to move.

i also find it funny you made a new thread about servers actually agreeing with what im saying about low pop servers, then telling me to go pay for a move. you are diluting the argument by people posting elsewhere instead of 1 place and also contradicting yourself.

1 have 16 toons on Ghostlands, 15 of which are 112+ and the 16th is a zandalari thats still lvling (73).

plus the few friends i have left, and the guild/people i’ve been playing with since 2008 are all here.

besides, this is an issue of BLIZZARDS making, and one that should be fairly easy to fix. so why should i have to pay between £19 and £304 to move?

BUT THIS IS NOT JUST ABOUT ME.

like i said in my last post, there are 205 low/medium pop servers, and as i and others have noted, the medium pop servers are in some cases, maybe all, ACTUALLY low pop. like Ghostlands.

ALL those players will be facing the issue of low pop. so are you saying that all 3,169 lvl 120’s on Ghostlands/Dragonblight (as of 2019-05-19) should pay to leave? a cost of £60,211.00.

or maybe all 29,801 (as of 2019-05-19) ghostland/dragonblight players should pay to move at a cost of £566,219.00.

and what about the other 204 low/medium pop servers? should half of them move to the other half lets say? and presume they have numbers as low as ghostlands.

so, 102 servers, with 30,000 players each, giving BLIZZARD a NET PROFIT (cause the actual task of a server move costs nothing to blizzard) of £58,140,000.00

£58,140,000.00!!!

for players to “fix” low pop server issues ourselves, could cost players £58 MILLION pounds sterling!

no, Skullburst, this is not a fix.

++

Ion made a quote about this on 2017-10-05 as mentioned in post 1 of this thread:

we’re now less than a month short of two years since Ion said this, AND since the tests had FINISHED and been deemed successful in brazil. im not sure anyone has heard anything about them since. not in this thread anyway.

www.mmo-champion.com/content/7036-Developer-Q-A-with-Ion-Hazzikostas

actual quote taken from 0:56:36

your “battlegroup” suggestion could be an idea, as long as:

1. players could join any guild within the battlegroup,
  2. there was only 1 AH for all servers within a battlegroup,
  3. the instanced pvp, lfg, lfr & lfm tools were still region wide (whole of EU) and not restricted to just the battlegroup.
5 Likes

Find it funny how in todays world when companies refuses to fix their mistakes like in WoW’s case mismanagement in faction and server balance we get told to pay them to fix it. People even say that to me when products die a month after warranty ends on a reguluar basis? How do you people defend the corperations this way? Take laptops or phones they get too slow or start breaking down right after they pass 2 years of age, most people can’t do longer with one longer than 3 years tops because of too many issues.

Products are made to break right after warranty to prompt you to do pay huge amounts in repairs (Apple style, $ 445 for a battery, hahahaha) or outright buy a new version. This pc lasted 9 years without any consistent problems. Only had to replace the PSU after 6 years (worn out) and my GPU broke once, 1 month after warranty… But I got extremely lucky with my screen. Almost 10 years and now it needs 4 minutes to warm up before it stays on. It’s power supply of the thing, can’t let it go to sleep mode anymore aswell. But hey almost 10 years for € 250-300, that’s good quality. I expected with how much it’s on (always standby) I would have replaced it already! Ordering/Buying a new LG tommorow!

All my phones? Well:

-Blackberrey battery expanded in the year after warranty
-Nokia WP started showing small problems but ignorable if you weren’t a heavy gamer/user in the first year after waranty. 2nd year after speaker (one of them but I used earbuds anyhow for music and videos) started dying. Still was able to use it for nearly 5 years and now had to replace it because of support ending for Whatsapp. Yes my friends, work and family refuse to ditch the Facebook spyware and had to go shudders Android… I can’t even delete the apps like Facebooks and others I don’t wanna use at all! Social pressure pushed me from WP to Android, not because I wanted to.

1 Like

Well, find the direct link to the interview and make sure he see’s it.
https://twitter.com/WatcherDev

I’ve tried calling him on his BS so many times, in more politer terms but if more people do it, he cannot ignore it forever.

1 Like

i dont have twitter or any other social media #sadfacenotsadfacequestionmark

i dont like this personally. maybe im just older in mind than body, but i preferred the old days where you could just turn things off. i have everything plugged into a surge protector anyway, so no standby there!!! but annoying when im using at least 1 item.

We don’t want connections. Sharding is NOT the solution. Get rid of low pop servers and give those players the ability to play with other people on their servers.

Merge, free transfers… WHATEVER. It’s ABSURD this situation is left without any solution.

We have a very … Imaginative? Guild recruit method, funny messages and the such. I refer every single player who replies to us from Ghostlands to a certain rogue friend of mine over there, but truly it’s a pile of manure that the situation is left to linger and, eventually, die wehen simple solutions are readily available.

Anyone seen those free transfers for Classic? Yeah. Me too.

2 Likes

I normaly turn things off but since the PS3 was always showing red light burning evenw hen turned off since then I let screens be standby (small red light) or in the case of this screen a rectangle red light in the base. The pc always go off though when I’m done for the day, never letting it go to permament sleep mode. If I sleeps, pc goes off.

1 Like

yeah i saw this too. and, tbh was sorta stunned/shocked the moment i did!

classic: free transfers for all!
bfa: am i a joke to you?

(actually… … … lol)

4 Likes

Same here, Runetotem/Killrog/Nagrand need new people soon or we can join Ghostlands next expac as (almost) complety dead servers.

1 Like

It’s Free Character Migrations to lower servers.

Before connected realms Blizzard did that too and no one wanted to go to a lower realm. The player mentality has hardened more so there’s no point in doing them again if very few go to a much lower pop server.

FCM is much easier than connected realms to they’d do it in an instant if they thought it would actually work.

2 Likes

but, it could? the problem isn’t high pop realms, i dont think they have had a queue to get in in years (i’ve not had an issue as alliance on silvermoon since i made the toon in cata i think).

they just do the reverse of what they’re doing. offer FCM from low TO medium pop. funnel lets say 10 low pop servers to one medium pop one, to make the medium pop a high pop.

that leaves only 1 possible problem (i can see). and thats peoples names. this can be easily solved by letting people have surnames, with the surname always being their original server.

its so simple, again i ask, why have blizz not done it yet? free FCM (and guild transfers) along with surnames.

problem solved?

2 Likes

Easy just do (almost) dead/low servers > medium servers. Stop the free migrations when they reach high. Not as high as Silvermoon or Twisting Nether where you have login queues at new releases but keep it at Ravencrest levels. A big, healthy and queue free community.

2 Likes

Yes, but that would effectively kill a realm; they would just as well connect it.

Silvermoon may not have queues normally but even looking on the unofficial stat sites it’s ridiculous the amount of players who are on it, and a small number of other mega realms.

They need to lock big realms and offer transfers off. maybe guild transfers too with some incentives to stay there, maybe like the warmode buffs.

1 Like

lets be honest though, some realms are effectively killed already. mine only has 9 horde guilds that have done ANY bosses in EP, of which 4 haven’t done any heroic, and NONE have done any mythic, nor are they likely to sadly :frowning: also, 6-7 of those guilds are sometimes working together to allow raids to even go ahead, so technically, there sorta are less than 9 almost. and there are other realms worse, and some almost as bad.

silvermoon/draenor are very big, but i have never had queues on either of them, and i’ve usually gone on at least a day or two after a new patch or expansion. maybe i am just lucky to miss queues? but yes, we dont want servers THAT big, but about 75% of the size would be nice compared to what we have.

offering transfers off big realms will never work, even with incentives. like you said, its been tried before and nearly no one uses them. and no one will really use them. people like either the famous person/guild there, or the high population/healthy AH. they will never leave for a low or even medium pop server.

high -> low/medium
will never work.

it must be
low -> medium (until its high).