Dear Blizzard, I am about to reach for my wallet

You can stop me any moment by shouting out free transfers for realms X, Y and Z are on their way.

Players should not be forced to pay rip off prices for character transfers from dead realms. In the big picture this is not even good money for Blizzard. It’s just bad customer service.

Don’t make me do it!

6 Likes

What are you proposing sir?

Blizzard should immediately confess their intentions regarding this question. Are they going to solve the issue or will they do nothing and wait for their 50 x 25€ transfer fees from from the remaining players in dead realms.

2 Likes

Is Blizzard going to chose the health of a server and their player base or money ?

Ok…Are you new ? xD

8 Likes

How exaCtly would you want to solve this issue sir?

1 Like

Being a Firemaw resident since day 1 classic, it has now really become a refuge center for EU pvp servers. Whenever online I’m seeing new guild names I don’t recognize. Blizzard has probably made tens if not hundreds of thousands $ just from Firemaw transfers.

As long as they see fit that ruining the current game by short time gains over overall health is in their interest, they will not do anything about it.

Blizzard is aware that they are probably the most hated gaming company in the World today and they do not care about it as long as they can rehash their previous IPs over and over for gain.

Only reason they are doing yet another iteration of wow is probably that statistics show a huge drop off of subs with even worse future predictions, yet they don’t recognize it’s their flawed philosophy and miss-management that’s causing that, so in desperate attempt to again light the fire, they’re doing SOM with a planned obsolescence built in.

Blizz have announced a bulk character move offer, no prices or details yet. It does however show you their intent is to force you to grab your wallet. They wouldn’t announce this if they were going to do merges, server links or anything remotely useful.

If at any time I have to reach for my wallet, other than to pay the subscription cost, the money will be going in the direction of Square Enix and not Activision/Blizzard :rofl:

1 Like

They should really allow transfer from dead realms.

Paid, can be from one account to another ( same owner/battle.net id ) . I wonder why not yet ? But they ask for the clone from Classic… shame.

1 Like

No need to allow transfers from dead realms to good realms for free. Just connect all “dead” realms with eachother. You would see xyz-server just like on era. Nothing wrong about that and people there could stay on their realm - keep their name and play the game properly.

1 Like

There seem to be a bundle of chracter transfer coming which mean for a price you could transfer not one but many char at the same time, the question and I already tryed to ask Kaivax and await an answer isif it is gonna be for retail only or also for Tbc classic .

100%

My whole Alliance side server moved to Firemaw 2 months ago. Literally every single Guild. And more are coming every day. Blizzard is making a killing, why would they ever make it free ?

In Blizzards view its Money, then 2 meters of dog$hit, then the playerbase.

gehennas soon to be 100% horde. Firemaw soon to be 100% alliance. Welcome to blizz server balance. Welcome to only having a handful of servers out of 20+

Is it safe to say world pvp killed pvp servers essence?
Sure, B didnt help, but this is what players wanted, be majority, but still on pvp

1 Like

If this is true, it seems the players are really the problem. It is hard to fix stupid with software development.

Obviously the playerbase is ape$hit stupid to pump them money for no reason at all. But how hard is it to just not offer transfers? Or rather only if one server is truly imbalanced / dying.

Pretty much this. People like to pile everything on Blizzard, but even if Blizzard had done absolutely nothing - no transfers, no changes to the game, nothing at all - we still would have seen pvp realms collapsing left and right, with ppl rerolling elsewhere or quitting.

And the reason is not - or should not be - hard to see at all. PvP severs are a flawed format, where being the majority faction allows you to pile an ever-increasing advantage while the minority dies a slow but inevitable death. Kinda like playing Monopoly, where the first turns decide the game and then you just play out a foregone conclusion with no chance for a comeback.

PvP realms would work in a world of imperfect information, where players make decisions on an almost random basis. But in a world where players have solid info about populations, races/classes, farming spots, and the determination to push these advantages as much as possible, it would take some serious affirmative action from Blizzard to make ends meet without forcing ppl to quit with inane stuff like faction quotas. And any sane person knew something like that was unlikely to happen. They couldn’t succeed in over a decade of retail having the same issue, how could you expect them to magically fix everything in Classic?

Did you reach yet?

All people should look at when selecting a server are faction population and population balance between the factions. Population should be high enough to support daily dungeons and raiding, balance should be close to 50/50.

It is beyond stupid to select a server based how much more population your faction has compared to the opposing faction in order to “get an advantage”. This type of thinking destroys PvP servers because when you have 10 vs. 1 situations, there literally is no PvP in the game. Might as well roll on PvE server and start killing critters because they are as much challenge.

Not yet but it’s close.

Hurry up, Blizzard!

I would call that rather smart thinking. Who wants to be in minority?