Dear DEVs Greater Fade, interrupt

Make it to avoid interrupt too, I don’t know if this is intended, but for now GreaterFade never save me from interrupt. Will be good for no mobility that we have, to make a chance to 1 cast without interrupt.

GreaterFade will not give us more than one cast to be interrupt free.

Completely intended, it has never protected against interrupts.

With so much interruptions, should have at least 1 free cast on 45secs CD. :slight_smile:

Hasn’t caused me any problems over the past few expansions, or this one.

I’m pretty sure it worked against magical interrupts though at some point, maybe it was server lag as I didn’t especially use GF not be interrupted especially

I do not remember it working against magical interrupts at all, under the name greater fade. You could definitely CS a hpriest in legion who had it up.

When greater fade was named phantasm in early MoP it made you completely untargetable, and detargeted you. It was utterly broken and removed after one season.

No, nothing should ever be free. Skills without counterplay is just bad design.

In my opinion interrupts are way too strong at the moment, but giving a skill that makes you untouchable is not a good solution.

1 Like

I was having in mind the shadow implementation that they gave us with the rework before they hotfix’d it so it doesn’t “fade” with shadowy apparitions. Guess it was server lags and I got interrupted early/late then.

I disagree with this, meles already have 100% uptime on you and have abilities, that they are immune for any kind of spell. So this skills already exists in game, and for meles already give em more than 1 secs, while we are the worse movement class in game, we have the longest 45sec CDs on CCs, I speak for shadow, and don’t have option to make breath free cast. This is fail mechanic for shadow class.

I don’t know PvP devs when we have CC, their vision is to put it on 45sec by default.

And on top of that we are not tank like warlocks.

Game isn’t designed around 1on1 but around class synergies, also while we have 45 sec on our CCs they are instant and pretty much idiotproof. While our mobility isn’t great with gamesense and decent spell usage you can get yourself A LOT of casting windows before you get connected.

Edit: Not talking about arenas obv

If it gave kick immune it would be like divine shield. I do think the new change if breaking on offensive action though should not be applied to holy, it’s not like we do much damage.

Everytime that I read that game is not designed to 1vs1, I get angry. because in a lot of situation you are faced in some kind 1vs1 even in world PvP. Blizzard states that because more variables are present in more than 1vs1, and look like there is some balance, while actually there isn’t. Some setups are godlike compared to others.

A lot of CCs are instant and better than ours, on shorted CDs.

1 Like

Divine shield isn’t only a kick immunity, did you mean divine favor ?

Doesn’t change the fact that the game isn’t designed around 1on1. Some setups are better than others because of class synergies and toolkits interacting with each other, and counters - actually they really “overwatch”-ed their PvP which is why it’s trash since a while now.

Better CC ? We basically have 9 sec of instant ranged CC + 6 if in melee range. I don’t think there is other caster CC that can compete. :slight_smile:

How useful are this seconds of CCs actually? Versus casters, only 45 secs silence matter, when get trinketed you are free target for 45secs unstoppable cast. We don’t have enough damage to kill target in our CC window, even if get also another 4 secs stun.

You don’t die in a counterspell or a lasso neither if we’re going that way. As a team, our 9 seconds of instant CC are pretty good, and if our burst damage isn’t really shining we can apply overall decent pressure (depends on enemy healers that is)

Versus casters actually the silence / horror combo is pretty strong but if you’re opening with silence of course you’re gonna be in trouble later :man_shrugging:

Seems like your complaints are tied to lack of proper game understanding.

Being able to fake interrupts is part of playing a caster in pvp. I’m happy that Gfade doesnt make you immune to kicks

To be honest Gfade doesn’t save me from fire mage disorient either.

Fake cast may be is strong if have some mobility, but even with no interrupt meles just smash their buttons. In my low XP in arena, I am always a main target in 3v3, in 2v2 also. With all meles on you those fake cast doesn’t look to work much.

It’s absolutely laughable, you shouldn’t have to fake cast. It’s an absolutely horrendous way to play when you are being trained by either melees or ranged for a lots of damage, while you, like a clown, try to fake cast. It’s a comedy at best, no matter how ‘‘skillful’’ it may be.
PvP should be about utlizing your class tools, not being a circus clown…casting-canceling all the time, but sadly BLizzard and their flawed game design is to blame.

2 Likes

At least interrupting gives some small increase to melee skillcap (yes, proper interrupting becomes harder at higher rating). You’re mostly describing 1v1 situations. Casters often rely on their partner. Casters, for example mage, need a partner to stun in order to kill. A good disc can MC a melee off the caster into the middle to get a kill, shamans and druids can root, etc. The game is a lot about teamwork, not just balanced 1v1 situations. Up to 1.8 rating is 1v1 in its entirety, and that’s what separates the lower skilled from the higher skilled. At 2000+ you will notice a lot of teamwork instead of just playing your class well