Demo lock needs help

i dont know what to do anymore i get destroyed so hard by melees i struggle alot in pvps before all those crazy nerf to demo i did well for myself but now 99% of my matches consist of kiting and staying alive by all means you would think as demo you would be the last person to be targeted but im literally a punching bag every match

any tips on how to survive

Wait for a buff (or another rework because Demo has less flexibility than a concrete wall) or until one of those 2.6k-3k PvP rating master locks see this thread and give us some divine guidance on how you can get that high in the Solo bracket.

Melee, particularly warriors and UH DK, have more catchup mechanics and gap closers than mobility and displacement spells at our disposal. Our circle and gateway have incredibly long cooldowns compared to Charge and Leap, even when talented. We have Fear, Coil and Shadowfury but 2 of those have a cast time while Coil is again on a monstrously long cooldown.

The only good mechanic that plays in our favor is that we can gateway out of Spear and that’s basically it.

1 Like

idk feels like ur doing something wrong, it shouldnt be impossible as dps

do u prio on peel for ur team if some is focused and being as disruptive to enemy heal same time u have pets on guy u want to kill and setup cross cc with pet stun while u cast fear?

after i got fed up healing dps in ss i leveled my lock and pushed 2111 with 90 played 60% win and this was after nerfs on demo i pushed week ago

might be different now with the overtuned arms and assa having their set but still shouldnt be completely unviable to play demo in my honest opinion, no disrespect

i hate melee zuging as much as u do and faced over half of my ques 3 melee lobbys its a sea of melees there

but theyre all braindead on low elo so u can do something like nether portal grimoire dogs tyrant immediately even fel lord u can drop under u cos they will stand on it and get hit by its aoe 9 times 20k hit and stun and its more value for u in that situation than interupt

try fel lord if u predict they are so horny to hump ur leg that they stand on its cleave

most people dont even know what it is, all they think is hit purple or blue man. their thinking process stops there :slight_smile:

really reply to this msg with ur 2.1k warlock i have a hard time believing that

h ttps://check-pvp.fr/eu/Ravencrest/Malzeva

u know ppl have multiple characters than their forum avatars right?

but as u talking to me from classic account I imagine u should know this, unless 59 bdk in classic is ur only character u play ofc

i hit 2111 little over week ago with a 90 played 60% win, then the system que my +2.1kmmr 5 ques row into random average 1800mmr lobbys and gained +0 for 5 ques i did and kept my same rating for the 4-5 hours i spent my time for

I havent touched it since i got fed up

This was after all demo nerfs and before the current tyrant buff

Also im not keen on going to look current state of arms and tier assas even for vault cap but I will manage

Ps. Whats so hard to believe on that someone can get 2.1 as dps in soloq?

U go 4/6 or 5/6 most of the times farming the ones who feed 0/6 while healers go 3-3 all the time and gain nothing

my biggest issue is melee lobby’s have you ever been in a lobby with 3 warriors

hmm few with fury+arms+ret but not 3x arms yet

plenty 3 melee lobbys where feral+ret on their peak were annoying, i think estimate maybe 70% games 3 melee, casters are not very popular

which mmr u play? tho idk if that matters anymore now that the system is just queing random 1kmmr difference :thinking:

but anyways the fel lord works well vs double melee if its on low, they will sit it while hit u and u also made nether portal and u have tyrant up so theyre chosing to tank alot dmg to train u and preferably in los to their healer

it happens more often u would believe, try it

Its same i did in sl in 2s vs the fury meta that u try to throw everything u got as fast as u can at them before in situation where they wont let u do anything, then theyre on situation where they need to choose if respect it or tank it while training u

U also position to los from their healer so u bate them in los to take all ur cd if they dont want to respect it and then their healer has to come somewhere like room and u just pet stun to the door and coil

all this works on low they dont look where heal is and they dont understand demo so u bate them in place they line their healer and then u do cross cc, u can do 2 insta stuns and one while ur casting fear on someone else

will hate cap vault on it this week now with also every healer being disc, so ur being trained by arms and assas with set with also disc that is like 80% from their dps as a 3rd dps

I guess will be fortunate if not drop, the matchmaking is also more random now. System gives u 1500mmr healer if ure 2.2mmr and it puts u in average mmr of 1800 i guess and then u gain +0 or little bit -

Unsub. My one expired yesterday. This thing appears at the start of every single expansion, but now its getting worse than usual.

been going back and forth from 1.7kcr to 2kcr in solo shuffle

1 Like

u will get there, dont give up

aslong u play dps its only matter of time

there is ppl who are 2800+ with 50% win/loss they just did over 1600 games

it proves that for dps it can be climbed like a grind with the shuffle design

1 Like

reroll to a good class
Warlocks are always gonna be a joke in pvp

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.