Demonology and new talents being bland

Hello there, after seing the potential changes that are going to happen to demonlogy warlock, I realised with the addition of these new talents, that it has a bit too many talents that are simply bland and do nothing to improve the gameplay of the spec, such as Annihilan Training, Fel and Steel, Antoran Armaments and Infernal command. These are all good talents since they do increase our damage but they don’t do anything else.

Until now it wasn’t bothersome since some of these were just points to spend to get better talents such with Infernal command to get to Immutable Hatred or Guillotine. This wasn’t an issue until now, with the retirement of Ripped through the Portal, Demonic meteor and even Fel covenant, we’re losing interesting talents for bland dps upgrades that are a real missed opportunity on blizzards part to add new talents or fix/adress underwhelming ones. I will be the first to say that I’m happy to see Fel covenant go but compared to the new talents being brought it’s really lack luster, Heavy Handed, Cavitation, Imp-erator and Malefic Impact, are all new talents that are either increase your chance to crit or increase crit damage which is really dull, even if it doesn’t create an annoying gameplay like Fel covenant, it at least had more to it than just being a Classic era talent.

I feel like they should take another stab at these new talents to create something a bit more intereting, I’m not asking for anything gamebreaking but something that makes players want to take it just by reading instead doing sims to see which is the best one. I want to add as well that demo has already some simple dmg buff talents on top of boring talents such as Shadow’s Bite, Sacrificed Souls, Stolen Power and even Umbral Blaze. The first 3 are just dmg buff to your fillers which feel kinda bad and the last one is a lackluster DoT on another filler spell that isn’t taken at the moment because low proc chance and dmg. I love demo and how it plays but I feel like with the upcoming changes it’s going to be taken a step back instead a step forward as it has through the years and just going to be a sim a set of talents and don’t change them since they are not impactfull enough.

1 Like

can you separate your wall into paragraphs, ill read it afterwards thanks

1 Like

Hes writing how he will be casting shadowbolts in new patch.
Heswritinghowhewillbecastingshadowboltsisnewpatch.
ShadowboltShadowboltShadowboltShadowboltShadowboltShadowbolt

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.