Demonology in Shadowlands

I guess they don’t know what to do with demo, right now it is just weaker version of Affliction. The MoP design was a mix between Affliction and destruction.
You had the ramp up time like Affliction and then the burst nearly like a destruction lock.

Can we make a petition or something in the forums? I tried posting in the shadowlands class section of the forum, but I cannot post there apparently.

You need access to the beta in order to post there.

1 Like

Ok that could be the problem blizzard is fine with the class and the players are not.
But if we think about all Addons, MoP was the best for us, even after the nerf in S2 or 3? And even the pvp system was the best system.
Still they changed everything…

In MoP gameplay was first, classes was fine and complete from the start.
Sure there was some classes that became better in the later patches of the MoP because they finaly could reach some caps in their stats, but still all classes had a complete toolkit in game.
And all three specs of the class had access to same talent trees, but all used different talents because in each spec we had different needs.

3 Likes

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/petition-for-demo-warlock/183672

I made one on the ptr a thew days ago

In the US forums there are also fellow demo locks with the same feeling for mop style demo. We are not alone!

4 Likes

Never played demo in MoP, but anything would be better than having tyrant imo.
I actually like the imps, and the hounds are okay, but our biggest DPS cooldown being defeated by a small pillar feels all kinds of bad.

I know what you mean, of you want to see mop demo. Go to Youtube an search for Morpheus 3.

That was an good demo build.

Speaking from a mainly PvE perspective:
I really would love for Demonology to be the master of demons instead of the master of Felguard.

There shouldn’t be talents to only improve one demon that you can summon. There is literally no use for any other demons outside of it.
I’d love to have a real choice again.
Revamp the talents to effect all the demons, for example:
Demonic strength: It literally says Demonic and not Felguard, so why not allow any demon to be empowered and have a swipe ability?
The succubus can whirl her whip, the Felhound can Claw swipe around it, Voidwalker has it’s own aoe already which could be empowered and Imp throws Fire rain or Fire strike (mage?)

The same goes for Soul strike … why can not any other Demon use this ability? it is literally only a strike.

As for the last row in the talents:
Regarding Sacrificed Souls, the name already doesn’t fit the theme of the talent.
Rename it to Soul Empowerment? Let it decrease the power consumption of Wild Imps so they stay around longer. Let Demo has a massive army of Imps with this talent. Remove the Shadowbolt amp, maybe decrease the Demon Bolt amp a bit.

Not much to say about Demonic Consumption.

Nether Portal: Let it act like the army of the death from uDK. You cast it and create a set amount of demons. It shouldn’t be a channel but may interact with soul shards spent on casting. Like 1 shard 3 demons spawned up to 5 shards 15 demons spawned.

feel free to correct me if something sounds unreasonable.
for example Sacrificed souls: Impplosion may need to have a set amount of Imps used for it.

1 Like

Make a revamp to demo lock in mop but without the asthetic of the meta dh has now, let us just get wings or glow green or let us transform into the tyrant, that playstyle was fun and you could combine them if u add the resource of demonic fury on top of current demo

2 Likes

Actually, a suggestion i’ve never seen is to get middle way between old Meta and the new build. Basically: instead of becoming a giant demon (which doesn’t make much sense, to be honest, now that Demon hunter exists, and now that Demonology has a different “fantasy”), why don’t we turn our felguard into a giant demon?
Now you’d say, “but tyrant already is a giant demon!”. Well, yes and no. First thing, Demonic Tyrant is more often than not, a gigantic passive damage source. Right now the playstyle is about cramming as many procs and buffs into the Tyrant window, and then twirling your thumbs until Tyrant is ready again.
Imagine, instead, the following situation: you have a new Demonic Tyrant button (a toggle) that turns your felguard into a tyrant, at a initial cost of a single soul shard. When the felguard is a tyrant, Felstrike, Command Demon, Health Funnel and other demon related abilities change to more powerful version (like the old shadowbolt/hand of guldan becoming demonic touch/chaos wave), and Legion Strike becomes a soul shard spending ability that give a static haste buff to the pet that falls off once he exits Meta/tyrant.
Obviously this isn’t a clean-cut solution; Demonology would become, if possible, even more reliant on Felguard, and this, paired with the new casting times, could cause problems.
Another solution would be to make the Tyrant a toggle that spends soul shard when he casts demonfire (with the stacking haste self-buff to prevent keeping him out all the time while generating shards), decoupling him from the felguard (so you could for example summon the tyrant while having out a imp/felhunter), while keeping the “stance-like” mechanic.

Another thing that would make the “mass summoner” fantasy better, is, imho, a demon re-skin. Like, why are we even summoning a demonic tyrant? Where are those guys from? Why aren’t we summoning a pit lord, or a dread lord? Same for imps: why are we summoning them? I for one would greatly enjoy summoning a single demon with the sum of three imp hp/damage for a 3 shard hand of gul’dan, like a Jailer, or another Felguard/wrathguard.

Deathlast in every poll and ranking…

And no love in sight…

You think its to late to expect anything for this spec?

No way we are getting a rework this late. If we’re lucky maybe we get some number tuning, but that still won’t fix the fundamental problem of the spec, which is the super slow ramp up.

Eh, true. Tbh all we can do is:

1. Hope for big numbers
  2. Hope for a rework mid-expansion (which, as far as i’m aware, never happened)

They never change a spec mid Addon. We can only hope they change it for the next Addon

thats literally the reason behind the change, it shouldnt be as easy as summoning it back easily, it defeats the point of killing pets in the first place. that needs to be changed for PvE.

this might be just for PvP you are talking about but demonology is a good spec overall, works well for dungeons and raids, and its okay that a spec is good in some places and not in others, thats generally how things are designed in this game,

technically everything is viable in most content, some things are just better than others

A demonology warlock without a pet is useless, they lose a lot of damage, utility and some abilities don’t even work without the felguard. Beating a warlock shouldn’t be about killing their pet, since our pet felguard is very squishy to begin with.

Demonology is not a good spec overall, not in raids, not in m+ and certainly not in PvP. The ramp up time to deal any significant damage in m+ and PvP means it’s a dead spec. In raids it has poor target switching because of the same problem and not to mention it is completely useless trying to cleave targets that are apart, making it dead weight in a lot of fights.

It is NOT viable in high-end content, why on earth would anyone bring a spec in their m+ group that takes forever to ramp up damage and is still THE ONLY DPS spec in the game without a proper silence?

If I went demonology instead of destruction or affliction in SL, I know for a fact I’d be hindering my group because I chose to spec to demonology.

2 Likes

is this based on your own play or actually knowing anything, demonology might not be as good as destro but if you play it correctly it can be one of the highest damage specs in the entire game, so it is very good in both dungeons and raids, but destro is slightly better so most people just play that instead.

there is a massive difference between something not being the best and it being bad.

demonology is good indungeons because if you pull correctly you can basically use your cooldowns on every mob pack, meaning it does big damage, thats where for a long time most of the warlocks in dungeons were running Demo

Good luck trying to do that in a pug group. Demonology has probably the most setup required out of all the dps specs in the game. By the time you have started doing damage, the pack is almost dead. Almost no one ran demonology in m+, the few warlocks that did 20+ where almost all destro. There are statistics that you can look at, such as:

https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankings/season-bfa-4/all/world/leaderboards#role=all:mode=unique:minMythicLevel=20:maxMythicLevel=99

Out of all the dps specs in m+, only 0.2% where demo and did a 20+.

With SL, destro and affli are now much better in m+ due to the changes they got, meanwhile demo got nothing, not even a baseline silence.