Demonology: What Legendary?

I decided to play my warlock as demo instead of destro cause its really fun.
I am doing mainly raids and then mythics, i am not sure if I will do pvp in this toon.

Which would be the best legendary for raiding atm?

According to wowhead etc. forces of the horned seems to be the best for raids although it sounds good for mythics as well since hand of guldan does aoe dmg as well.

What do you think?

Wilfried’s is good or forces of the horned, wilfried’s is bis on some fights because it on average puts your tyrant on a 1 min cd which lines up well with some raid bosses as on demand burst

For m+ I’ve seen some people use dread stalker leggo with the big dogs build, which is getting a buff in the next patch update (both dogs and the leggo) but I cant say that’s good for raid because currently you trade a lot of single target talents to optimise it

Demonic synergy is considered the best middle ground leggo if you multi spec since it still provides some damage utility to all specs well (note damage buffs to felguard buff demonic strength talent which is currently pretty strong for a 1 min cd)

My suggestion honestly is wilfried’s if you are intending to raid, we have a demonology warlock in my guilds raid group and his advice was looking into that first because it opens doors to some really useful options, horned nightmare is still a good choice too but it’s just rng damage you might get bigger tyrants you might not depending on procs during cds

I guess if you wanted a demo only leggo for both m+ and raid horned nightmare would be a solid first pick since it helps both

1 Like

Go for Wilfred’s.

1 Like

For Tyranical weeks i suggest Balespider. Make a WA so you can keep track of it to make sure you refresh the buff before it resets to zero.

For Fortified best option would be Wilfred.

Maybe after its buffed balespider will be good but I really dont think it’s a great first leggo choice to focus on, unless you are going necrolord which most wont be balespider isn’t considered competitive, granted it has good priority damage in that you can hard swap with it but right now before patch buffs it’s not ever best

I’m saying this as someone who wants balespider to be competitive because it would probably be the only demo leggo worth considering for pvp also (due to pet ai). Maybe after the patch update it will be better as it’s a large buff (8% to 15% per stack on ptr) but 100% this isn’t your best damage source right now nor do we know if it ever will be

To OP if you ARE necrolord covenant then maybe this could be a thing as that is significant to synergy with balespider

1 Like

Eh, i guess i disagree?

With the buff, Necrolord + Balespider, imo, is BIS for ST for both raids and M+, IMO.

He didn’t mention covenant so he can still choose Necrolord.

I mentioned Balespider for Tyranical because I am not really having too much problem in AoE, unless tank makes a sudden move and moves out of bilescourge area, which usually isn’t case for Tyranical weeks as adds are not brutally strong.

There’s no way that it will be BIS for M+, even after the buffs. Wilfred’s provides a lot more overall damage.

The issue is really down to if the changes in ptr regarding FtS talent is going to go live because if it does then wilfried’s is actually looking even better in situations where youd think running big dogs build is going to pull ahead

Right now from the shadows just buffs HoG and demonbolt, in Ptr for next patch the shadowflame damage amp is applying to tyrant which means 1 min tyrants are going to work out better even if your using the dreadstalker build and losing out of vilefiend isn’t going to feel so taxing on single target if you spec for sustained cleave

The problem with balespider is its only real neish is target swapping, you are going to be forced into trying to optimise around it as much as possible via fishing out demonbolt modifiers and having to trade some huge perks right that scale very strong on demo. Another thing to note is the build to use balespider is actually really tight on micro to function since you gonna be lining up dogs/power siphon and decimating bolt while trying to not waste cooldowns recklessly, sacrificed souls is also an option but lets be real that competes with the strongest scaling talent demo has (read below)

Wilfried’s might not be bis in every situation but its ALWAYS good which is why I agree with atriohm, even when it’s not your best it’s still a strong option that will keep getting stronger the more gear you get because of demonic consumption. Right now DC scales off any health gains via stamina or max hp buffs as these effect demon summons and as such means more total hp fed into tyrant for more spell power! Add in conduits and you will notice that a LOT more options are available to you to push wilfried’s up compared to balespider

PS I’ve tested and my guild friend who also mains demo in my guilds mythic raid progression group balespider- it’s only perk really is making a off meta or badly optimised stat waight kinda okay , if you have zero mastery and full versa haste it is a little more competitive but you ain’t going versa prio for pve thus why I mentioned in my post above this is probably more of a contender for someone determined to play demo in pvp. We wont know till ptr is over but I’m doubtful the large buff is enough unless they also buff necrolord also and I dont see it happening

yes i am necrolord.
There are too many good choicestbh.

Horned nightmare if it procs I will get twice the imps.
Then again balespider is a solid buff to water gun demon bolt.

Wilfred makes tyrant pretty much coming in every pull since you spend 3 soul shards non stop .

And demonic synergy is straight damage buff.

Aaargh I don’t know

Go Wilfred’s, trust. It’s just flat out better and more useful.

I just saw the conduit that gives you a demonic core when tyrant expires that I think it will make your demons hit harder. Does it synergizes well with wilfred ?

It just prolongs your burst, it’s not bad. Just make sure of your potency conduits is Borne of Blood. It smooths everything out nicely.

1 Like

To answer your question yes tyrant’s soul does indeed increase in value with wilfried’s. I think born in blood is currently too good to pass up on from a raw performance pov since you net more value out of shards spent easier with it however tyrants soul means assuming you have good shard spending to get around 1 min tyrant cool down your looking at 50% uptime.

If you go wilfried’s and demonic consumption talent then currently it proves to be more efficient to stall casting vilefiend so it always lines up with your tyrant so you have one go with dogs/grim felguard/vilefiend + imps and another go inbetween with no grim felguard netting as much value out of hp drained from high hp pets as possible.

If you dont have born in blood or choose to not run it then siphon power (since you are necrolord) is arguably decent pick since you can burn some imps to gain more shard gen and you can always line up with covenant ability to make the most out of demonbolt stacking damage modifiers, I’m yet to test the best value of demonic calling vs siphon power in higher keys (as necrolord) but it does 100% provide good on demand priority damage swapping when someone needs to die faster than the rest in cleave. The main off put to running siphon power is mostly that demonic calling just feels easier since it’s done for you but siphon power has very strong synergy with decimating bolt so you could find value in it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.